Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Siege (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33375)

tcglkn November 7th, 2010 08:49 PM

The Book of Siege

The Book of Siege
Moltenclaw's Invasion- Collection D3 (13) - "Heroes of Fallcrest"

(If you cannot view the army card image, follow this link to the Heroscapers Gallery)

Character Bio (From truth): Siege began like most Warforged with Warforged Resolve, and some other versions of typical Warforged or Juggernaut powers. However we eventually we felt like he needed more mmph. Colby designed a really exciting new mechanic for Evar Scarcarver, and he found a great way to mimic that mechanic in a different way with Siege. ... Siege is great at holding an area, or as your last man standing on the battlefield. With his Crag of Steel, he's able to stand his ground and withstand a volley of attacks, but don't get too close. While he may look stoic in that stance, he's able to lash out at all those around him.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Quote:

Originally Posted by FAQ v13.4
ERRATA: Siege’s cloak is a hit zone.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:

Synergy Benefits Offered:

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Siege Pre-Release Discussion

Siege - What's Your Army Idea?

Power Ranking and Master Index
Siege- Honestly not entirely sure what to make of him. He's tough to bring down if nothing else. B

http://www.heroscapers.com/community.../7/7/siege.jpg

killergoat72 November 10th, 2010 06:40 PM

Re: The Book of Seige

This dudes pose is amazing! I wish other Dnd figures had as cool a pose as this! and also Crag is like a rock right... so does he make a steel barrier around himself somehow...

I just do not understand it thematicly.

Brewster November 10th, 2010 07:32 PM

When Seige uses his "Crag of Steel" ability, Every space within a 4-hex radius of Seige is effectively in the doomzone. You may not think 3 attack is bad, but I would not like to have my troops engaged to anyone with 7 defense, let alone whirlwind attack! It's fortunate he only gets 3 move, otherwise this devastating power would be way too hard to avoid!

The power's name however is a mystery to me. I think it means the area around Seige literally becomes a Crag of Steel, but... technically A Warforged Juggernaut is made of Adamantine, not steel, so it doesn't refer to Seige, but more likely his doomsword (looks like a freakin' Brutal Surge Fullblade). His sword is undoubtedly a LOT of steel, all that swinging around probably makes the area around him look like a cave of steely-doom.

MarroCloner164 November 10th, 2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 1257870)
When Seige uses his "Crag of Steel" ability, Every space within a 4-hex radius of Seige is effectively in the doomzone. You may not think 3 attack is bad, but I would not like to have my troops engaged to anyone with 7 defense, let alone whirlwind attack!

Actually, he gets 8 defense with Crag activated...and his normal stats are really excellent for heavy hero killing.

This guy is just awesome overal. He just drips with themey goodness.

-MarroCloner 164

Brewster November 10th, 2010 07:42 PM

Oops, my mistake. I haven't looked at the card in like a month. I was so excited about him I (or at least thought I had) memorized the card. Point still stands.

Killometer November 10th, 2010 09:09 PM

Siege's cape is targetable

tcglkn November 10th, 2010 09:11 PM

Got it! :thumbsup: I must have missed that ruling.

Crazybob November 11th, 2010 09:20 AM

He seems almost too good for how many points he is. Squads will run from this guy and heroes will to each depending upon which mode he is in. He is almost like two different heroes in one figure since he has anti squad mode/anti hero mode. If this guy was a large he would really be a threat, but since he is only a medium I think he is only a little under pointed.

freddywerks November 22nd, 2010 10:47 AM

I don't necessarily think he's too good, but he's definitely solid. Had him last night and made the mistake of bringing him too late to the party. He singlehandedly drew out the game for 3-4 extra rounds while taking out a few elementals. Got pretty close to taking out all 4 elementals and Kurrok all by himself to steal the game. His Crag ability is so good with a bit of elevation and a swarm of melee guys around.

Taeblewalker November 22nd, 2010 02:54 PM

His sculpt is slightly smaller than I imagined, but still fantastic. He seems to bring enjoyment to the game table - I recall hearing at a tournament, "The Crag is on!"

Temprit November 27th, 2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killometer (Post 1258005)
Siege's cape is targetable

I have two questions. First, how is his cape targetable? The Card shows it as Grey, or did I miss out on something?

Second what DnD figure is this? I can't seem to find him.

tcglkn November 27th, 2010 01:52 PM

It was changed to be targetable in the lastest FAQ.

This was an unreleased DnD figure that WotC had the molds for and they produced exclusively for Scape.