Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Fire Demons (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48324)

Hahma May 8th, 2013 10:22 PM

Re: The Book of Fire Demons - VOTE for Playtesting

yea

quozl May 8th, 2013 10:30 PM

Why was there almost a 500 point difference in the last army test?

Nevermind. I see what you did. Any thought to bringing it down to 3 figures?

I also noticed you kept rolling for them to come back even after they were all destroyed. If that's the intent, you need to put that wording into the power.

Like this:

FIRE SPAWNING 13
At the end of each round, even after all Fire Demons have been destroyed, you may choose one empty lava field or molten lava space on the battlefield and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, you may place one of your previously destroyed Fire Demons on the chosen space.

IAmBatman May 8th, 2013 11:03 PM

I don't want to go down to 3 figures - especially because that'd screw up our 12 Days of Christmas. :-) Also, I like them as a four figure squad.

That said, let's say we wanted to avoid the problems with how good they can be alongside Grundy and wanted to make sure they didn't get to roll for Fire Spawning after they were all destroyed. Any way to make that approach clearer? I think going in that direction would be my preference, honestly.

quozl May 8th, 2013 11:07 PM

The current wording means they can only come back while at least one is still alive. I was pretty surprised when I read you kept rolling.

IAmBatman May 8th, 2013 11:09 PM

I don't really see how the current wording eliminates you from doing so. :shrug:

quozl May 8th, 2013 11:11 PM

Because all powers stop when the figures on the card are destroyed unless they specifically say they don't. We've been over this before....

IAmBatman May 8th, 2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1811910)
Because all powers stop when the figures on the card are destroyed unless they specifically say they don't. We've been over this before....

Sorry - a resurrecting unit that can't resurrect after all of its figures are destroyed is uncharted territory for us. It's difficult for my mind not to leap to Grundy or Thanos as precedent. I see what you're saying, but I think it's easily confused (obviously, as it easily confused me :-P ). I think I'll stick with the wording as is in that case, and feel a tad more confident about them not needing to go over 250 or anything, and a tad less worried about the Grundy combo.

I think it might be worthwhile to put something in the language of the current power that makes it even clearer, though, or at least get an FAQ up and running. I believe only that last army test would be affected by me playing this wrong, and that one was a bit crazy in general. :-P

quozl May 8th, 2013 11:18 PM

How's this?

Q. Can the Fire Demons keep rolling for Fire Spawning 13 after they've all been destroyed?

A. No. Once a unit has been destroyed, none of its powers are active unless they specifically say they work after being destroyed.

quozl May 8th, 2013 11:20 PM

Oh, and if that's the way you want to go, do you still want to go with 250?

IAmBatman May 8th, 2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1811916)
How's this?

Q. Can the Fire Demons keep rolling for Fire Spawning 13 after they've all been destroyed?

A. No. Once a unit has been destroyed, none of its powers are active unless they specifically say they work after being destroyed.

So powers that specify that they happen after all of the figures for the card have been destroyed, or powers that specify that the effect lasts for the entire game would be examples of specifically saying they work after being destroyed under our definition?

Just asking for clarity before I add. :-)

On the point front - they were still competitive against an army worth many more points in the second army test even before I started pulling off that trick, and they still steam rolled in the first army test. I kind of want to see how they do at 250 and pull back if they under-perform. They were in the 200-220 range on their own, but Army Tests make it harder to focus on them, which increases their value, IMO. Does it increase it that much? Not sure. But I think it's a good starting place.

SirGalahad May 8th, 2013 11:59 PM

yea to testing

quozl May 9th, 2013 01:07 AM

Yea for 250. And yeah, that's specific enough.