Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Ronin August 27th, 2018 07:40 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Initial Testing)

Finally putting armies together for the initial (I know, running behind). This is what I have so far:

Sports Car, Conan, Mantis, Zombie (670)
Sports Car x2, Walker x4, Selene, Jubilee, Lurker x2, Roamer, Skrull Infiltrator (1000)
Sports Car, Lady Blackhawk, Rover, Sage, Selene, Jubilee (1030)
Sports Car, Mantis, Zombie, Larfleeze, Alien Drone, Atom (1000)
Sports Car x2, Alien Drone x4, Robot, Skrull Infiltrator (1000)
Sports Car, Star-Lord, Nebula, Mantis, Stature (1000)

Kinda playing around with the possibilities. The way the vehicle rules work, a lot of OM hubs don't let you take a turn with a figure occupying a vehicle, but I did find a couple things of note:

-Mantis can move OMs to the card of a figure occupying a vehicle (Sage can't)
-If Rover's Companion is in a vehicle, you can reveal an OM on his Companion's card and choose whether to take a turn with Rover or his Companion

Beyond that, some strategies:

-Exploiting the DOs for Selene's auto-wounding power
-Leveraging multiple movements or activations to quickly load up cars (Lurkers + Walkers, Robot + Alien Drones)
-Drafting figures that might not mind taking a wound when a vehicle is destroyed (Conan, Alien Drones)
-Leveraging the mobility from vehicles for bonding pairs (Star-Lord + Nebula)

I'll start running the games either tonight or tomorrow morning. Open to other suggestions.

IAmBatman August 27th, 2018 07:53 PM

Just remember that when there's no set schedule or deadline and you're doing this for fun, there's no such thing as running behind. :-)

Thanks for tackling this! If no one beats me to it, I promise I'll finally LD the Batmobile some time after you get things wrapped up with it.

Ronin August 27th, 2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2216150)
Just remember that when there's no set schedule or deadline and you're doing this for fun, there's no such thing as running behind. :-)

Well, technically no, but I do like to set goals for myself!

Looking forward to that Batmobile.

Scapemage August 27th, 2018 08:13 PM

I would recommend testing some of the games against figures with abilities that do extra or easier damage to DOs.

IAmBatman August 27th, 2018 08:13 PM

Yeah, I've been setting that one as a goal for myself for years, so I feel your pain. :-P

Lazy Orang August 28th, 2018 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemage (Post 2216162)
I would recommend testing some of the games against figures with abilities that do extra or easier damage to DOs.

Judge Dredd! :)

Also Ghost. A couple of figures who should get a boost from this, here. (So will Shocker, but he doesn't really need it, now.)

Ronin August 28th, 2018 09:13 AM

I might run one game like that, but I don't see that as really necessary for the initial. The point of the initial is to make sure the Sports Car is fun, and not too juiced for its cost. Running it against figures with hard counters isn't really an area of concern.

Ronin August 29th, 2018 02:40 PM

Couple games in. Looking good so far, but I wanted to share just how much weirdness something as seemingly mundane as a car can add to the game. It's a surprisingly fun thing to have available to you.

The first game featured Conan the Carbarian trying to run down Black Canary, only for Robin to somehow punch through the car in one hit. Game two involved a car full of zombies mowing down Professor X.

Tornado August 29th, 2018 03:06 PM

Zombies can drive? Nice.

japes August 29th, 2018 03:53 PM

One of the things that's kept me from participating here is the nagging concern that something could break here. There are figures that are slow, and that is as much mechanical as it is thematic. Getting to draft a DO and pile in a bunch of slow moving strong figures is hard to account for with a "figure" that can be stolen, such as vehicles. Now the zombies aren't really a concern but I think you get my point. Plus throwing Bailey Hoskins or some cheap hero in a car and letting them run people over seems like something that can be exploited.

Anyways, not panicking or anything just pointing out that I think testing and costing is going to be difficult.

Lazy Orang August 29th, 2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2216995)
One of the things that's kept me from participating here is the nagging concern that something could break here. There are figures that are slow, and that is as much mechanical as it is thematic. Getting to draft a DO and pile in a bunch of slow moving strong figures is hard to account for with a "figure" that can be stolen, such as vehicles. Now the zombies aren't really a concern but I think you get my point. Plus throwing Bailey Hoskins or some cheap hero in a car and letting them run people over seems like something that can be exploited.

Anyways, not panicking or anything just pointing out that I think testing and costing is going to be difficult.

I do think it's reasonable to err on the high-side here.

IAmBatman August 29th, 2018 04:07 PM

It could be yeah, but don’t some existing figures, such as Hawkeye II, offer similar services?