Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

IAmBatman August 13th, 2019 06:59 PM

Re: The Book of Draftable Vehicle Rules - Final Editing

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2304553)
Rulebooks aren't done in Photoshop. It's inDesign or Illustrator, I can't remember which. I have the whole suite. You guys lay it out and come up with the art work and I'll do it however you want. If you want me to be picking out the artwork and such then I'll do one book.

Look at the Spell book rules for inspiration. That's the last one I did.

The gauntlet has been thrown down! :-) @quozl @MrNobody what do you say? Y'all up for that?

MrNobody August 13th, 2019 07:02 PM

I’ll be away from my minis, but if someone else can do example pics I can probably find art stuff. I know that’s probably the easier of the two jobs, but it’s what I can do.

IAmBatman August 13th, 2019 07:05 PM

If you can help me layout what you see as the formatting for the three different things you're asking for and figure out what specifically we need for photos, I can try to take some.

japes August 13th, 2019 08:10 PM

You may what to pull in @johnny139 to help out with the narrative portions as well. If @Hellfire is interested, he's good at that sort of thing as well.

Yodaking August 13th, 2019 08:41 PM

Can't help with pics here as all the cars I have are closer to scale then the official ones.

A3n August 13th, 2019 09:32 PM

Should this be a new rule book or could/should it be an addition to the current VDO rules?

IAmBatman August 13th, 2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 2304619)
Should this be a new rule book or could/should it be an addition to the current VDO rules?

I think it's sort of intended to be a revision/replacement of the current VDO rules. But perhaps it should simply be an alternative to them if folks don't want VDOs that are only draftable. I think going forward it's our intent to do VDOs this way, though.

@Ronin and @Tornado you two should probably comment on big picture thoughts as well as you were big parts of the genesis of this effort.

MrNobody August 13th, 2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2304621)
I think it's sort of intended to be a revision/replacement of the current VDO rules. But perhaps it should simply be an alternative to them if folks don't want VDOs that are only draftable. I think going forward it's our intent to do VDOs this way, though.

Exactly why I broached the idea of draftable DOs and vehicle DOs being separate rulesets.

IAmBatman August 13th, 2019 09:40 PM

Gotcha. That makes sense now that I have the ability to absorb information a bit better (i.e. Bat Kiddo is in bed :-P ).

Yeah, I'm down with splitting off the draftable DOs into one section and then doing a revision of the VDOs as another section. Two books makes sense for sure.

As for enclosed structures, the template is here at least and we have Lobster's porta-john as inspiration to write them up specifically, test them out, and art them up.

johnny139 August 13th, 2019 09:55 PM

Do we want to just integrate all of the DO stuff into one book? If the works already done on the other stuff, we can probably just port things over. Easier than having like a half-dozen different rulebooks to keep track of (on our end and on the player end).

Definitely happy to put together flavor text and whatever once we have a solid direction on the actual rule stuff. :up:

IAmBatman August 13th, 2019 09:58 PM

Yeah, maybe one rule book but with different "sections" that are a bit more distinct? Like the draftability part being a chapter of its own, so to speak.

quozl August 13th, 2019 10:14 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread

Here's my go at the new vehicle rules:

The Book of Vehicle Optional Rules

Changes proposed for the Destructible Objects – Vehicles

(Changes in bold)

Changes to Vehicle Destructible Objects Rules:

Page 2:

Quote:

These C3G Vehicle Rules cover the following areas: •Drafting Vehicles
• Entering Vehicles
• Occupying Vehicles
•Partial and Full Cover
• Moving Vehicles
• Exiting Vehicles
• Destroying Vehicles
Quote:

EXAMPLE 1: Vehicle Card
Like the Official Destructible Objects cards, the Vehicle Destructible Objects cards that are affected by this rule set have a similar appearance but with a few inclusions additions.

Uniqueness: Whether a Vehicle is Unique or Common.

Occupancy: The number value indicates the number of figures that can occupy the Vehicle.

Size/Height: The Size and Height indicate the Vehicle’s actual size and height as per the standard Heroscape game mechanics, but also by their inclusion symbolize that this Destructible Object is compatible with the throwing rules from the C3G Destructible Objects rule set.

Partial Cover/Full Cover: This indicates whether a Vehicle offers Partial Cover or Full Cover for occupying figures.

Move: Because these Destructible Objects are Vehicles, a Move value is included to allow their movement across the battlefield as described in the standard Heroscape rules.
Quote:

ENTERING VEHICLES

A figure may enter a Vehicle by ending its movement on a space adjacent to the Vehicle if it meets the following criteria:

• Your figure’s size must be smaller than that of the Vehicle. Refer to Example 1 to identify the Vehicle’s size on its Army Card. NOTE - The size of a figure is located on the left hand side of its Army Card next to its height. The different sizes are ordered from smallest to largest as follows: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, and Huge.

• The current occupancy of the Vehicle must be less than the Occupancy number of the Vehicle. The occupancy designation on a Vehicle Army Card shows the number of figures that may occupy a Vehicle. A figure can only enter a Vehicle if that Vehicle has fewer figures on its Army Card than its Occupancy number (example: If a car has an Occupancy number of 2, but only has 1 figure placed on its Army Card, a 2nd figure can enter that car).

• Some Vehicles may have specific entrances/exits marked on the figure itself. In this case the Vehicle can only be entered or exited from empty spaces within one space in the direction that the entrance/exit is directly facing.

DRAFTING VEHICLES

Vehicle Destructible Objects (VDOs) act like figure Army Cards in that they have an associated point cost listed on them. VDOs are drafted the same way as Army Cards. There is no limit (except point cost!) to the number of different VDOs you can draft, and you can draft any number of the same Common or Uncommon VDOs (indicated in the leftbox). However, like figure Army Cards, each player cannot draft more than one of the same Unique VDO Army Card (indicated in the leftbox).

Like Army Cards, VDOs each have an associated figure that is placed in the controlling player's start zone at the start of the game and are considered in that player's Army. However, a VDO is not considered under a player's control unless that player has one or more figures occupying that VDO (see more below).

Page 3:

OCCUPYING VEHICLES

Figures occupying a Vehicle are still considered to be on the battlefield, controlled by the Player whose Army they are in, occupying the same space or spaces as that Vehicle for the purpose of counting spaces for range and power selection, but are not affected by any special terrain rules for that space.

Figures inside a Vehicle are considered adjacent to each other and the Vehicle itself, but are never considered adjacent to or engaged with figures outside of the Vehicle.

If enemy figures occupy the same Vehicle, they are considered engaged.

Each Vehicle has a designated space for the Driver. If a figure you control is the only figure occupying a Vehicle or if a figure you control is occupying the designated Driver space in a Vehicle, you now control that Vehicle.

A figure occupying a Vehicle may still have Order Markers placed and revealed on its Army Card. However, Order Markers cannot be placed on the Vehicle’s Army Card.

PARTIAL COVER AND FULL COVER

As denoted in the left box of each Vehicle, Vehicles can be Partial Cover or Full Cover.

Figures occupying Vehicles with Full Cover are never in clear sight of figures outside of that Vehicle and never have clear sight on figures outside of that Vehicle.

Vehicles with Partial Cover do allow for clear sight between figures occupying that Vehicle and figures on the outside. Partial Cover Vehicles are those with windows or other openings that allow for clear sight. These clear sight openings will be marked on Army Cards by the green target points on the Vehicle’s Hit Zone. Clear sight can only be traced through these target points.

When a figure occupying a Partial Cover Vehicle targets a figure outside of that Vehicle, they should use the target point for that Vehicle to trace line of sight and range. When a figure outside of a Partial Cover Vehicle targets a figure occupying that Vehicle, they should use the target points for that Vehicle as the hit zone for any occupying figure.

Unless a special power indicates otherwise, a figure can only target one figure occupying a Vehicle at a time. If, however, a special power targets or chooses a space and the space the Vehicle occupies is chosen, the Vehicle and all figures occupying the Vehicle are affected.

MOVING VEHICLES

In addition to the Size, Life, and Defense values contained on destructible object cards, Vehicles have a Movement value.

Instead of moving normally with an Army Card you control, if one of the figures from that card occupies the Driver space for a Vehicle, you may move that Vehicle. You may only move each Vehicle this way once during each player turn.

When moving the Vehicle, follow standard movement rules, with one exception: Vehicles and occupying figures do not make or receive leaving engagement attacks against figures outside of the Vehicle.

If a Vehicle would be moved, any figures occupying it stay in that Vehicle and are moved with it. If any of the occupants cannot be moved for any reason, that Vehicle cannot be moved.

EXITING VEHICLES

After moving a Vehicle you control, you may place a figure you control from the Vehicle’s Army Card on an empty space adjacent to the Vehicle. You may exit with any or all of your figures on the same turn. If that figure was engaged with any other figures occupying the Vehicle prior to moving, it will take any leaving engagement attacks. The figure that moved the Vehicle may now complete its turn. Remember, the figure that moved the Vehicle did so at the expense of its normal movement.

If you wish to have one of your figures exit a Vehicle you do not control, you may have that figure Exit instead of moving normally on its turn. If that figure does not have the Super Strength special power, before exiting with that figure, roll one unblockable attack die against it. When your figure exits a Vehicle, place that figure on any empty space adjacent to the Vehicle.

DESTROYING VEHICLES

If a Vehicle receives enough wounds to be destroyed, each figure on top of the Vehicle or occupying the Vehicle immediately receives X Wounds where X = any excess wounds the Vehicle received beyond what was needed to destroy it. After removing the destroyed Vehicle from the battlefield, players may, in initiative order, place all of their figures that remain on top of the Vehicle on spaces previously occupied by the destroyed Vehicle. Figures moved when the vehicle is destroyed never take any leaving engagement attacks but will receive any falling damage that may apply.

Then players may, in initiative order, place each remaining figure they control that was occupying the Vehicle on a space or spaces previously occupied by the destroyed Vehicle. If a figure that was occupying a destroyed vehicle cannot be placed on a legal space or spaces, that figure is immediately destroyed.