Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Ronin August 2nd, 2018 09:15 PM

The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules

The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules

C3G SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 72
START YOUR ENGINES!

https://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/rele...ects-cover.jpg

PDF

This set of rules is necessary to fully enjoy C3G Destructible Objects. It is designed to enhance your superhero battles by allowing figures to ride designated Vehicle Destructible Objects around the battlefield, and allow you to draft them alongside your favorite heroes!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 09:33 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT RULES
Spoiler Alert!

Ronin August 2nd, 2018 09:35 PM

Original OP:
Spoiler Alert!

----------------------

Good thought!

The Book of Vehicle Optional Rules

Current Version Being Tested
Spoiler Alert!

Past Version
Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 09:40 PM

Honestly, I don't think we'll have to add much in the way of rules. Check this FAQ question from the OP of the Rules thread:

Q: The Vehicle Rules state that figures that occupy vehicles are no longer on the battlefield. Does that mean that the last figure in an Army can't use vehicles? After all, a player loses if he doesn't have any figures remaining on the battlefield.
A: Under Occupying Vehicles section, the rules state that "you now control that vehicle". This is VERY important to remember as you play the game with special powers that reference opponent's figures (DOs are treated as figures in C3G) and also designing powers. This section also answers your question, because even though your last figure got into a car, the car is now your DO/figure. So the game is not over.

Not a huge change between being in your army once occupied and starting in your army. It's just the whole enemy occupation thing that could get messy.

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 09:46 PM

Running questions as I read over the rulebook:

1. Leftbox: In current VDO cards we only have occupancy and size/height in the leftbox. If we make them draftable do we go full, typical leftbox including species, personality, etc.? And if so, where do we put the occupancy?

2. Stats: VDOs have Life, Move, and Defense values right now. If they become draftable, do we give them Attack and Range values? Or only ones that have actual weapons? Or do we just do those things as special attacks.

3. If a VDO is draftable, OMs can be placed and removed on them, right? Which means a VDO is now taking a turn. What does a VDO do on its turn? Can it move? Can it attack? Can it only do these things if occupied?

4. Entering the vehicle. Current VDO rules don't let you enter a vehicle with one or more figures controlled by another Player occupying that vehicle. Basically once that vehicle is occupied, it's under the control of the occupant. Would we continue with that and make it really easy, potentially, to lose control of a VDO you drafted, or would a VDO have to be mind controlled, etc., and actually change hands before a different player could occupy it?

I have some thoughts on all of these but want to hear from others first (spoiler: I favor as little change as possible, which means a bit of risk to drafting these, but I'm OK with that).

Ronin August 2nd, 2018 09:53 PM

I don't think making them draftable means we need to give them attack numbers or let you put OMs on them or anything - Spells don't work that way, for instance.

My personal preference would be that drafting a VDO meant you got to place it in your SZ at the start of the game and from that point, it behaved as normal for a VDO that started on the battlefield.

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 09:54 PM

Perfect. :up: You didn't fall for my trap. I agree completely. At most I'd argue that once your placed the VDO in your start zone, its card became a temporary part of that start zone and you could place other figures there as part of the initial placement (up to its occupancy of course).

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 09:55 PM

So for 1-3 keep things just the same. For 4, keep them the same because it's really not that big of a deal. You're only opening yourself up to occupancy switches (especially if we go with my start zone idea) if you choose to exit the vehicle. Otherwise only mind control and vehicle destruction can get that figure out of the vehicle.

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 10:07 PM

I think draftable VDOs will need two additions to their cards:

1. Point value
2. An indication of uniqueness. A VDO should be "common" or "unique" to indicate how many of that exact model you can draft in one Army. Maybe this isn't necessary, but a distinction between a standard Squad Car and the Batmobile seems reasonable to me here.

As for writing up the rules, I'd crib as much as possible and relevant from the nicely written drafting section of the Spell rules, copied here for workshopping (shout out: Yodaking):

Spoiler Alert!

Yodaking August 2nd, 2018 10:10 PM

If you are going to go down this route I could see a Tank or something similar one day getting created where it featured mounted weapons the operator could use instead of their normal attack. I actually found a 3-D printer file for a Cobra Fang and printed it out. I figured I would make it a draftable card with pilot already included, but you could also just make it without a pilot and then Baroness or someone would jump in and fly it around until shot down.

IAmBatman August 2nd, 2018 10:11 PM

That's definitely something that needs to happen and could be spelled out in a special attack on that VDO's card, IMO.

The other thing we may need to tackle that's going to be a lot lot harder is greater than 2 hex figure/vehicle movement.

Ronin August 2nd, 2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2207207)
I think draftable VDOs will need two additions to their cards:

1. Point value
2. An indication of uniqueness. A VDO should be "common" or "unique" to indicate how many of that exact model you can draft in one Army. Maybe this isn't necessary, but a distinction between a standard Squad Car and the Batmobile seems reasonable to me here.

As for writing up the rules, I'd crib as much as possible and relevant from the nicely written drafting section of the Spell rules, copied here for workshopping (shout out: Yodaking):

Spoiler Alert!

Good point! I think we'll definitely want a Common/Uniqueness distinction.

Letting people start off in vehicles might be okay, but it might make them a little too efficient as figure-deployers? That's a factor that would impact their cost, at least.