Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

MrNobody November 15th, 2019 12:04 PM

Re: The Book of Vehicle Rules - Final Editing

Color me not too worried about Quentin, at least less than Anderson. He’s okay, but the fact that he disrupts most Mutant synergy has always held him back from being super viable imo. Being able to hide in a car is an advantage for him, seeing as he’s kind of fragile, but he’s still just a 130 point figure.

My main goal is just to not have full cover vehicles all have to be designed around one cheap tactic from a single figure. I think there’s always going to be a tactic that’s cheap, but as long as it isn’t majorly influencing design decisions the way Anderson seemed to be doing I’m happy.

IAmBatman November 15th, 2019 12:07 PM

Yeah, I think a big thing with Quentin is that he can't move while using his auto wounding, so the kiting potential is much less. Anderson really wasn't that tough with the Batmobile, but she was clearly good, so I'm OK with making this change. I'm hoping @Ronin @johnny139 or @Karat can take a look at Yodaking's suggested wording, though. And I'd also like to hear from the Heroes at large on this before making the change since this is technically in Final Editing. :-)

johnny139 November 15th, 2019 07:45 PM

I don't like the phrase "No special power on an Army Card may circumvent this rule." because then we sort of reach the point where, like, what rules are the final authority? Card powers in general are "higher rank" than the rulebook - the rules say you can only attack once per turn, Double Attack says you can, Double Attack wins.

I'd instead go with something like, "even if a special power or special attack specifies does not require line of sight." Something more specific, so that powers would trump rules if done so directly.

Yodaking November 15th, 2019 08:05 PM

I tried basing it on Blob's "I overrule all other powers in the game concerning movement powers" language. Wordsmiths can change it however they feel.

IAmBatman November 15th, 2019 08:14 PM

Not sure we even need clarification like that if we don’t mention clear sight and just say they can’t attack figures outside the vehicle.

Yodaking November 15th, 2019 08:29 PM

Whatever people feel is or isn't needed is fine with me, as long as we all agree on the intent.

IAmBatman November 15th, 2019 09:15 PM

Does just this wording look good to folks, then, and are the Heroes down with this change?

Quote:

Figures occupying Vehicles with Full Cover are never in clear sight of figures outside of that Vehicle, never have clear sight on figures outside of that Vehicle, and may never attack or be attacked by a figure outside of that Vehicle.

johnny139 November 15th, 2019 09:29 PM

Pretty sure that works. :up:

IAmBatman November 15th, 2019 09:32 PM

OK. I'll give folks overnight to chime in if they have concerns and then, if they don't, I'll update the SP.

Good idea here, Yodaking. Thanks!

Ronin November 15th, 2019 10:05 PM

Looks good to me.

IAmBatman November 16th, 2019 07:16 PM

SP updated! The fifteen month saga continues ....

Speaking of, @japes where is this at in terms of Art? :-D

Lazy Orang November 16th, 2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2333214)
I tried basing it on Blob's "I overrule all other powers in the game concerning movement powers" language. Wordsmiths can change it however they feel.

I'm with johnny - I've never liked that language on Cyberclaw powers. It makes things like Juggernaut - a power designed specifically to circumnavigate such powers - trickier than they should be. I'd like to leave room for a card that we want to say can shoot out of a vehicle - doesn't say we have to do it, but it leaves design space open, and it's not like it'll necessarily be broken if it's baked into the unit from its own design.