Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

machinekng December 12th, 2010 09:15 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Inigo Montoya
Fights for Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Duelist
Dedicated
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 5

MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA 17
When Inigo receives enough wounds to be destroyed by an attack from an adjacent unique hero, you may roll the 20-sided die before removing him. If you roll a 17 or higher, ignore all skulls rolled by the attacking hero. You may add 2 to the die roll for each wound marker on this army card.

YOU KILLED MY FATHER
At the start of the game, choose one opponent's unique hero. When attackingthe chosen hero with Inigo, you mayroll two additional dice.

PREPARE TO DIE!
When rolling defense dice against an attack from a single adjacent attacking figure, all excess sheilds count as unblockable hits on the opposing figure.

fix'd

Taeblewalker December 12th, 2010 10:01 PM

The only thing I would say is to just make the first power a straight 11 or higher, regardless of how many wounds he has.

Balantai December 13th, 2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1289942)
Inigo Montoya
The Princess Bride
Movies/Literature
Fights for Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Duelist (I think this might be too specific. Why not just fighter?)
Dedicated (I think Driven might be a bit better)
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6 (Seems a bit too high. I'd rather 5.)
Range 1
Attack 4 (I guess 4 is okay, but I think 3 might be a bit more thematic)
Defense 5 (Five defense seems a bit much. Is his defense really that good. Maybe it's that good versus another swordsman, but what about everything else?)

MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA 17
When Inigo receives enough wounds to be destroyed by an attack from an adjacent unique hero, you may roll the 20-sided die before removing him. If you roll a 17 or higher, ignore all skulls rolled by the attacking hero. You may add 2 to the die roll for each wound marker on this army card.
(Seems a bit too complicated. Why not just allow the roll to occur when he recieves enough wounds to be destroyed and lower the roll? In other words, I like what Taeblewalker suggested.)

YOU KILLED MY FATHER
At the start of the game, choose one opponent's unique hero. When attacking the chosen hero with Inigo, you mayroll two additional dice.
(I'm not sure 2 additional dice is necessary. Do we really want Inigo rolling 6 attack dice (7 with height)?)

PREPARE TO DIE!
When rolling defense dice against an attack from a single adjacent attacking figure, all excess sheilds count as unblockable hits on the opposing figure.
(What the theme behind allowing Inigo to counter Special Attacks? What makes him better than anybody else that has a traditional Counter Strike? I think this is unnecessary.)
fix'd

See my comments in red.

My suggestion:
PREPARE TO DIE!
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, you may roll 2 additonal defense dice. All excess shields count as unblockable wounds on the attacking figure.

Then you could recude his defense to 3 and still keep the theme of Inigo being an expert swordsman.

Taeblewalker December 13th, 2010 04:57 PM

There is definitely a scene in the movie where Inigo shows Counter Strike, but as you say, Balantai, we don't know how he would fare against dragons and robots.
I rather like Move 6 myself. I prefer Duelist, but I also like Driven.

I also like the idea of adding two dice to attack the six-fingered man, which is reminiscent of Sir Denrick's bonus, which I think is appropriate. However, I can agree with your revised Attack and Defense, and with your addition of 2 defense dice when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure.

Balantai December 13th, 2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1290545)
There is definitely a scene in the movie where Inigo shows Counter Strike, but as you say, Balantai, we don't know how he would fare against dragons and robots.
I rather like Move 6 myself. I prefer Duelist, but I also like Driven.

I also like the idea of adding two dice to attack the six-fingered man, which is reminiscent of Sir Denrick's bonus, which I think is appropriate. However, I can agree with your revised Attack and Defense, and with your addition of 2 defense dice when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure.

Three attack plus two versus the Six-Fingered man and three defense plus two versus adjacent normal attacks would still make him a situational 5 attack / 5 defense. In my opinion, this fits his theme pretty good.

dfonse December 13th, 2010 05:33 PM

I think that he should have 2 defense because he has little armor. But, maybe a +3 defense against melee? Or, if you do not like such a small defense stealth dodge to defend against range. Maybe add

Prepare to Die: When Inigo Montoya is engaged with 1 enemy add 2 to his defense. When rolling defense all additional wounds count as unblockable hits.

This way he has counter strike AND gets a bonusacent to only one figure.

machinekng December 14th, 2010 12:01 AM

Inigo Montoya
The Princess Bride
Movies/Literature

Fights for Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Duelist
Driven
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA 11
When Inigo receives enough wounds to be destroyed by an attack from an adjacent unique hero, you may roll the 20-sided die before removing him. If you roll an 11 or higher, ignore all skulls rolled by the attacking hero.

YOU KILLED MY FATHER
At the start of the game, choose one opponent's unique hero. When attacking the chosen hero with Inigo, you may roll two additional dice.

PREPARE TO DIE!
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, you may roll 2 additonal defense dice. All excess shields count as unblockable wounds on the attacking figure.

Okay, here's the most recent draft after working in peoples' suggestions

For now, i'm going to keep the Six move. We see Inigo running a lot in the movie, mainly chaing people down, and I think that 6 move is more useful for Inigo's role. In effect, he is an assasain character, whose goal to kill one particular enemy unit. Six move allows him to hunt that unit down.

Taeblewalker December 14th, 2010 12:38 AM

I think he looks pretty good. I agree that 6 Move is more appropriate for a lightly armored hero who has more in common with Samurai and Ninja than with Knights and such.

Pumpkin_King December 14th, 2010 03:47 AM

This is a good thread. I like this thread.

I had an idea for Agent Smith, but I never got around to making the card.

Hrockle December 14th, 2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1291081)

When Inigo receives enough wounds to be destroyed by an attack from an adjacent unique hero, you may roll the 20-sided die before removing him. If you roll an 11 or higher, ignore all skulls rolled by the attacking hero.

I thought it would be wounds, not skulls. Did we talk about this and I just missed the discussion?

Taeblewalker December 14th, 2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1291196)
Quote:

I thought it would be wounds, not skulls. Did we talk about this and I just missed the discussion?

It should be wounds, to be consistent with Stealth Armor.

mac122 December 14th, 2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1291196)
Quote:

That's a good question. Wouldn't ignoring skulls make Prepare to Die stronger? Or was that the point? If so, then IMO that makes Prepare to Die too powerful.