Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis February 5th, 2018 11:25 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Yes my apologies as well for being away. Life has been busy. Hopefully I can get started on the card on Wed. Have to get taxes done tomorrow.

Confred February 8th, 2018 10:12 AM

Yeah sorry also, the Cone house got hit by the flu

JC McMinis February 9th, 2018 09:08 PM

Ok here is the card with the most recent wording. Hope everyone like the artwork. I still have to add the hit zones.
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f58...c2m68tp6zg.jpg

Confred February 10th, 2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2179061)
Ok here is the card with the most recent wording. Hope everyone like the artwork. I still have to add the hit zones.
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f58...c2m68tp6zg.jpg

artwork is cool but glaring issue is that I only see two.

Zetsubo February 11th, 2018 02:26 PM

For artwork, I dont see much of a problem with showing incorrect numbers. HoSS has cards that have incorrect numbers on the art like Rebel Troopers, Stormtroopers, and Ewok Hunters. We could have two cards if we wanted, one with art and one with figures. As long as the hit zone box has the correct numbers, we should be good.

Confred February 11th, 2018 11:07 PM

At a glance, I'd like their Defense at 3 and their points at 50 or 60.
However, I haven't tested them. I have a few hurdles yet to overcome in RL.

Zetsubo February 12th, 2018 02:30 AM

50 sounds like a good price seeing as you only have three at a time. And I meant to put 3 defense but guess I messed that up

McHotcakes February 12th, 2018 03:39 PM

Beware of Sleestak could be misinterpreted the way it is written now. Saying you can place a Sleestak that is not on the battlefield could mean that you could used previously destroyed Sleestaks as well.

I would say we change it to

Beware of Sleestak
Start the game with 3 Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield. Immediately after a Sleestak Raider you control is destroyed, you may place an unused Sleestak Raider within 4 spaces etc...

I think that way we specify that the Sleestak cannot be replaced infinitely.

Confred February 15th, 2018 12:13 AM

Do we want to utilize the "reserve," a gametool introduced with Arena of the Planeswalkers?

Spoiler Alert!

Zetsubo February 15th, 2018 01:03 AM

Quote:

Beware Of Summoned Sleestak
Only 3 of your own Sleestak Raiders can start the game on the battlefield. Before taking a turn and if you have less than three Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield, you may place any remaining Sleestak Raiders that are in your army but have not yet been placed until you have 3 Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield . You must place all Sleestak Raiders on empty dungeon or shadow spaces within 10 spaces of any Sleestak you control. You can never have more than 3 Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield.
I've changed some of the wording. One concern I thought of was if all you had were Sleestak Raiders and no other Sleestak, would that mean you lost all those not placed? How about we have them able to enter a few spaces from any figure you control or the already explained 10 spaces of Sleestak?
Edit: Using the reserve game mechanic might be a good way of going about these Sleestak

Confred February 15th, 2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2179908)
One concern I thought of was if all you had were Sleestak Raiders and no other Sleestak, would that mean you lost all those not placed?

Yes. One of the drawbacks, and one of the reasons why these are not 100~pts is that chance of them never leaving their underground lair should the vanguard die.
A second layer to the exclusivity is that Sleestak typically don't play well with others.
Edit: Note: If we don't want that drawback, let us know to rework the wording.

Beware Of Summoned Sleestak v2.2
Only 3 of your own Sleestak Raiders can start the game on the battlefield. Before taking a turn, you may place any remaining Sleestak Raiders that are in your army but have not yet been placed on any empty dungeon or shadow spaces within 10 spaces of any Sleestak you control up to a maximum of 3 of your Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield.

Beware Of Reserved Sleestak
Start the game with any or all your Sleestak Raiders in reserve to a maximum of 3 Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield. Before taking a turn, you may place Sleestak Raiders from reserve on any empty dungeon or shadow spaces within 10 spaces of any Sleestak you control up to a maximum of 3 of your Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield.

Confred February 24th, 2018 05:05 AM

BEWARE OF SLEESTAK
Start the game with 3 of your Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield as normal and all your other Sleestak Raiders in reserve. Before taking a turn, you may place your Sleestak Raiders from reserve on empty spaces within 8 spaces of a Sleestak you control up to a maximum of 3 of your Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield.

FLEE FROM LIGHT
If a Sleestak Raider is attacked with an adjacent attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-6, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Sleestak Raider takes no damage and instead may move up to 4 spaces. Sleestak Raiders can flee only if they're not on a dungeon or shadow space but end their movement on one. A fleeing Sleestak Raider can't be attacked with leaving engagement attacks.

Spoiler Alert!