Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Dysole May 11th, 2015 07:48 PM

I Need Something

I am only barely familiar with the character. Can you give me a basic synopsis of powers?

~Dysole, who will wikipedia it later

TREX May 11th, 2015 08:07 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Water regeneration, Also like Teablewalker's suggestion of water elemental, summoned or bonding. He does have some kind of sword right, and I'm not sure about lightning bolt because he is the son of posieden. He is the lightning thief though right. Its been awhile since I seen the show. Very cool idea. props.

Confred May 11th, 2015 09:29 PM

Re: I Need Something

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2020603)
I am only barely familiar with the character. Can you give me a basic synopsis of powers?

~Dysole, who will wikipedia it later

Yes please
Give us some brainstorming, some thinking out loud
Some description of the character

JC McMinis May 11th, 2015 10:48 PM

Ok I will post my first draft and you guys can help me adjust/brainstorm from there.

Percy Jackson
Aquilla

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Valiant

Son of Posiedon
If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 2 additional attack dice, cannot take an automatic wound from any ability on any Army Card or Glyph, and when rolling defense dice 1 shield will block all damage. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

Water Mastery
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space you may add 3 to his range, Any friendly elemental who follows Aquilla within 3 spaces of Percy count as a water space.

Water Healing
After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card or the Army Card of any friendly figure adjacent to Percy.

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Dysole May 11th, 2015 11:04 PM

Water You Doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2020652)
Ok I will post my first draft and you guys can help me adjust/brainstorm from there.

Percy Jackson
Aquilla

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Valiant

Son of Posiedon
If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 2 additional attack dice, cannot take an automatic wound from any ability on any Army Card or Glyph, and when rolling defense dice 1 shield will block all damage. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

Water Mastery
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space you may add 3 to his range, Any friendly elemental who follows Aquilla within 3 spaces of Percy count as a water space.

Water Healing
After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card or the Army Card of any friendly figure adjacent to Percy.

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Water Mastery is a power name that is on the Water Elemental with different power text so that should be changed. I'll have more thoughts later.

~Dysole, who will chime in after wikipediaing

laughing matter May 11th, 2015 11:16 PM

Ok, some thoughts on Percy Jackson from a long time fan.

1. The first thing that needs to be determined is when in Percy's demigod career is this? His powers significantly increase as he gets older, and that is important to determine what he can and should actually do.
i.e. Earlier in his career he relied more on swordsmanship because he didn't have much water power, but as I said before, his power dramatically increase with age along with his sword skill.

2. Percy would fight for Jandar. No question.

3. His personality should be Tricky.

4. The healing thing Is basically only in the movies, and I believe he only does it to himself

5. while I'm talking about the movies, this Percy Jackson should be based on the books. He's more powerful in the books, and the first movie was just awful. The second wasn't bad, but the biggest problem over all is that it always seems like the series could end right after each movie.

6. I really have no idea what that first power is supposed to be. :confused:

TREX May 11th, 2015 11:19 PM

The Son of Posiedon ability is quite powerful. I like the Water healing ability, I think it captures the theme well. What do you think about Water Regeneration as the title.
With the Son of Posiedon ability, I like the not stopping in water move, The one shield block is a bit powerful with him being able to heal. As far as not taking any automatic wounds on water, I think he should be able to, but maybe subtract from the attacking figures 20 die roll. Not sure yet on the attack die bonus, see how much we want this guy to be worth pointwise. I also like the water elemental thing. Percy jackson is not a powerhouse, he gets hurt fairly often, but does heal on water, and can manipulate water being the son of Posiedon.

Confred May 11th, 2015 11:23 PM

Goodness. I didn't realize the child was that powerful. (I know only minimal of the character)
He's like Marvelscape powerful.
I'm on my phone now. I'll have my proper input in a day or so

TREX May 11th, 2015 11:27 PM

Water Regeneration- after taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. Or
Water Regeneration- after taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, roll the 20 sided die.
If you roll a 1-4 nothing happens,
If you roll a 5-11 remove 1 wound.
If you roll a 12-19 remove 2 wounds.
If you roll a 20 or higher remove all wounds.

Percy Jackson usually only heals himself in the water if I'm not mistaken.

Son of Posiedon

If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 1 additional attack and 1 additional defense die. When a figure targets him with a 20 sided die roll, he may add or subtract 5 from their die roll. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

Something like that, maybe said a little better. That way he's not superman on water. You could always give him some kind of range with a Lightning bolt treasure glyph . Zeus's Lightning Bolt. Anyway my two cents.

laughing matter May 11th, 2015 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2020658)
Goodness. I didn't realize the child was that powerful. (I know only minimal of the character)
He's like Marvelscape powerful.
I'm on my phone now. I'll have my proper input in a day or so

Very. He can create storms, tidal waves, and water constructs almost effortlessly, as well as being an extraordinary sword fighter in the Greek style, a more than capable leader, and (just throwing this in there) dating a girl who is not only the daughter of the goddess his father most dislikes, but a brilliant strategist, and out of his league IMO.

Edit: Also he's not a child, he's about 17 now.

laughing matter May 11th, 2015 11:35 PM

Those are the aspects (minus the girlfriend bit) that a good Percy Jackson design should highlight. Also if the healing is a must have for you, then you should go with the first one @TREX

Confred May 11th, 2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughing matter (Post 2020663)

Very. He can create storms, tidal waves, and water constructs almost effortlessly, as well as being an extraordinary sword fighter in the Greek style, a more than capable leader, and (just throwing this in there) dating a girl who is not only the daughter of the goddess his father most dislikes, but a brilliant strategist, and out of his league IMO.

Edit: Also he's not a child, he's about 17 now.

Fun fact. The only scene from any of the movies I've seen was Percy meeting who I imagine is that daughter. That same day I saw a very NSFW and impressive animated gif of that same actress in a scene from the show True Detective - I had to discontinue watching the movie at that point. Couldn't unsee lol