Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

dfonse February 10th, 2011 05:41 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1337259)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1335614)
Here's another idea:

KLATU BARADA NIKTO! 17
Instead of moving or attacking, Ash may roll the 20-sided die once each Undead or Demon figure adjacent to him. If you roll a 17 or higher, destroy the chosen figure. Ash may only do this once per game.

I just got on here ot suggest an ability named Klatu Barada Nikto. That's funny we both thought of it. Mine was d20 based ability as well but if you rolled a 1-3, Ash had to roll 1 less defense die against Undead attacks for the round and with a 15 or higher, undead rolled 1 less defense die against him for the round. I was trying to incorporate how he flubbed the words in the movie.

Great minds and all that... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1337239)
First Draft

Ash Williams
Army of Darkness
Movie
Faction (?)

Human
Unique Hero
Protector
Valiant (?)
Size: X

Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

The Chosen One?

At the start of each round, roll the 20-sided die.
  • If you roll a 5 or lower, subtract 1 from Ash Williams' attack and defense.
  • If you roll a 6 - 15, nothing happens.
  • if you roll a 16 or higher, add 1 to Ash Williams' attack and defense.
Boomstick Special Attack
Range 3. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. Johnny only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Ash Williams cannot be affected by his own Shotgun Blast Special Attack.

Come Get Some
Ash Williams may roll 2 additional defense dice when defending against an attack by an Undead or Demon figure.

References to Johnny and his Shotgun SA aside (;)) it looks like a great start, Balantai (even though there isn't a Groovy ability).

As far as points maybe starting between 70-90 (I hate theoryscaping point costs- I stink at it).

I think 70-90 is too littl. 200 would be much better. Sure he can lose attack and defense but once he gains it he is extremely strong. 5 atk 4 def. 150 that is almost nelfiem's stats. Chosen one? risky, but think of the stingers, their stinger drain boosted their cost. 160pts. Shotgun blast: this is better than nelfiems ability. + 30pts = 190. Come get some. + 10 because it helps his defense. 200 pts. 70-90 just makes him an extremely powerful unit.

Balantai February 10th, 2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfonse (Post 1337424)
I think 70-90 is too littl. 200 would be much better. Sure he can lose attack and defense but once he gains it he is extremely strong. 5 atk 4 def. 150 that is almost nelfiem's stats. Chosen one? risky, but think of the stingers, their stinger drain boosted their cost. 160pts. Shotgun blast: this is better than nelfiems ability. + 30pts = 190. Come get some. + 10 because it helps his defense. 200 pts. 70-90 just makes him an extremely powerful unit.

Again, at this point cost is irrelevant. Powers might change. Nothing is set, yet. Let's get some suggestions on changing the powers first. Then we can talk about cost.

Taeblewalker February 10th, 2011 07:37 PM

I'm happy to have him at any power level. We're not going for canon with these figures - we don't need to make him a "filler" unit necessarily. As long as the cost fits, it's ok.

As for The Chosen One?, I think that both it and Klata Barada Nikto serve largely the same function, and we should only have one on the card.

Balantai February 10th, 2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1337573)
I'm happy to have him at any power level. We're not going for canon with these figures - we don't need to make him a "filler" unit necessarily. As long as the cost fits, it's ok.

As for The Chosen One?, I think that both it and Klata Barada Nikto serve largely the same function, and we should only have one on the card.

I agree. Thematically, I think "The Chosen One" is a better name. Klatu Verata Nikto is what he attempted to say to avoid cursing the people.

wulfhunter667 February 13th, 2011 01:14 AM

I know I'm kinda late to this party, but how about something along the lines of "It's a Trick... Get an Axe..." with a view glyph before revealing it. That might be interesting and fun.

killercactus February 15th, 2011 03:54 PM

I like Balantai's current version of Ash (with a normal attack of 5), though I'm not sure about Valiant. Resolute or Arrogant or something feels more right to me.

Also, I think he's about 100 Points right now. Similar stats to Agent Carr and Moriko, with a ranged special in lieu of their other abilities and a bonus against Undead.

machinekng March 14th, 2011 07:25 PM

I back.

I hope the thread didn't die while I was gone.

Now about points...

In optimal conditions, he could throw around 36 wounds in a round. The only way I could see this happening was if he was attacking a surrounded Charos. On average, boomstick will hit 2-3 units, maybe. It's only a little bit more powerful than Shotgun Blast

Chosen one is like stinger drain, but it's less likley to happen. The negitive is also more likley to happen, but it isn't as bad.

Come and get some is extremely situational. However, with Chosen One success and height, he could throw nine attack die at Cyprien, and that's nothing to laugh about.

I'd start with Shotgun Sullivan as a baseline-65 points
Stronger Shotgun Blast, But less range.-70 points
Stronger Attack and Defense-95
No normal range attack, and less life-90
Extra damage against certain units-95

This estimation is baseless, of course. I'm just eyeballing it. It does seem that Ash is probaly worth somewhere between 90 and 110 points.

Balantai March 14th, 2011 07:29 PM

Ash Williams
Army of Darkness
Movie
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Protector
Arrogant
Size: 5

Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 5
Defense: 4

The Chosen One?

At the start of each round, roll the 20-sided die.
  • If you roll a 5 or lower, subtract 1 from Ash Williams' attack and defense until the end of the round.
  • If you roll a 6 - 15, nothing happens.
  • if you roll a 16 or higher, add 1 to Ash Williams' attack and defense until the end of the round.
Boomstick Special Attack
Range 3. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Boomstick Special Attack. Ash Williams only needs a clear sight of the targeted figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Ash Williams cannot be affected by his own Boomstick Special Attack.

Come Get Some
Ash Williams may roll 2 additional defense dice when defending against an attack by an Undead or Demon figure.

machinekng March 14th, 2011 07:32 PM

Looks good.

As for faction, i know absolutely nothing about the movie but my gut says Vydar.

Taeblewalker March 14th, 2011 07:37 PM

Somehow Vydar seems too dour for Ash's personality. I think Aquilla fits better.

Balantai March 15th, 2011 11:17 AM

I think I'll go with Aquilla unless someone else has a different opinion.

Lamaclown March 15th, 2011 12:23 PM

I think Aquilla is probably the best fit for him based on the movies.
He isn't valiant enough for Jandar
Definitely not disciplined enough for Einar
He isn't a "green fantasy" fit for Ullar
Utgar and Valkrill are out for obvious reasons.
He seems an awkward fit for Vydar which leaves only Aquilla.
However, I wouldn't think it is Aquilla only by default but I think he would fit well in her ranks.