Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis May 11th, 2015 11:54 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughing matter (Post 2020654)
Ok, some thoughts on Percy Jackson from a long time fan.

1. The first thing that needs to be determined is when in Percy's demigod career is this? His powers significantly increase as he gets older, and that is important to determine what he can and should actually do.
i.e. Earlier in his career he relied more on swordsmanship because he didn't have much water power, but as I said before, his power dramatically increase with age along with his sword skill.
Ok what I know is based off the movies and Wikipedia

2. Percy would fight for Jandar. No question.
I put him with Aquilla because I though he would fit her as she has the water elementals.

3. His personality should be Tricky.
A lot of his actions seem awful Valiant to me

4. The healing thing Is basically only in the movies, and I believe he only does it to himself
Wikipedia mentions him having a healing factor and in the movie I specifically remember him healing a cut on on the girls finger

6. I really have no idea what that first power is supposed to be. :confused: That is supposed to represent his increased strength while in the water.

How is this

Percy Jackson
Aquilla

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Valiant

Son of Posiedon
If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 2 additional attack dice and when rolling defense dice 1 shield will block all damage. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

Hydokenisis
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space you may add 3 to his range, Any friendly elemental who follows Aquilla within 3 spaces of Percy count as a water space.

Water Healing
After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4[/QUOTE]

laughing matter May 11th, 2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2020661)
Water Regeneration- after taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

This is the most thematic ability, and saves the most space. Go with this.

Quote:

Percy Jackson usually only heals himself in the water if I'm not mistaken.
he ONLY heals himself on water, and never anyone else btw.

Quote:

Son of Posiedon
If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 1 additional attack and 1 additional defense die. When a figure targets him with a 20 sided die roll, he may add or subtract 5 from their die roll. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.
this is basically C3G's water strength ability with a weird d20 control in the water line, that IMO doesn't make sense thematically.

Quote:

Something like that, maybe said a little better. That way he's not superman on water.
He should be Superman on water, or at least Superboy.

Quote:

You could always give him some kind of range with a Lightning bolt treasure glyph . Zeus's Lightning Bolt. Anyway my two cents.
He shouldn't have Zeus's master bolt. He wasn't the actual thief, and he never used it. Also, you guys here at Heroes of Fiction REALLY love treasure glyphs a bit too much.

laughing matter May 12th, 2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2020673)
1. The first thing that needs to be determined is when in Percy's demigod career is this? His powers significantly increase as he gets older, and that is important to determine what he can and should actually do.
i.e. Earlier in his career he relied more on swordsmanship because he didn't have much water power, but as I said before, his power dramatically increase with age along with his sword skill.
Ok what I know is based off the movies and Wikipedia

then I'm so sorry THAT was your only exposure to Percy

Quote:

2. Percy would fight for Jandar. No question.
I put him with Aquilla because I though he would fit her as she has the water elementals.
Honestly, the water elemental synergy is unthematic, as there are no elementals in his world. He really should be a Jandar unit, as he's pure good.

Quote:

3. His personality should be Tricky.
A lot of his actions seem awful Valiant to me

He is specifically stated to be the type of kid who gets in trouble a lot, and greeks are know for their deception and trickery, a fact that is contrasted with the Romans in the second book series quite a bit.

Quote:

4. The healing thing Is basically only in the movies, and I believe he only does it to himself
Wikipedia mentions him having a healing factor and in the movie I specifically remember him healing a cut on on the girls finger

touche, still it's only a minor cut.

Quote:

6. I really have no idea what that first power is supposed to be. :confused: That is supposed to represent his increased strength while in the water.
Fair enough, though i like the new version better.

Quote:

How is this

Percy Jackson
Aquilla

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Valiant

Son of Posiedon
If Percy is on a water space, he rolls 2 additional attack dice and when rolling defense dice 1 shield will block all damage. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

Hydokenisis
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space you may add 3 to his range, Any friendly elemental who follows Aquilla within 3 spaces of Percy count as a water space.

Water Healing
After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
Better. The only sticking point for me (besides water healing being unnecessary) is Hydrokinesis. Honestly some type of special attack would be better.

The thing is, Percy Jackson is a leader AND a fighter. He should be able to charge into battle with the demigods by his side ready to kick butt, and He should be a force of nature when close to water. Able to batter his opponents like waves on a rock, with literal waves and storms.

Taeblewalker May 12th, 2015 12:19 AM

Instead of an elemental who follows Aquilla, it should probably just say Water Elemental. What happens if someone creates a non-water elemental who follows Aquilla?

Dysole May 12th, 2015 12:24 AM

What I Found

From the Half Blood wiki (note: Spoilers)

Spoiler Alert!

~Dysole, who'll give this a more thorough read later

laughing matter May 12th, 2015 12:32 AM

On the magical items, the only ones that ever appear more than once are the sword and shield.

laughing matter May 12th, 2015 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2020679)
Instead of an elemental who follows Aquilla, it should probably just say Water Elemental. What happens if someone creates a non-water elemental who follows Aquilla?

He shouldn't be interacting with the elementals at all!!!

JC McMinis May 12th, 2015 06:43 AM

laughing matter makes some very valid points, but much like when making superheroes 'Scape, we are limited to certaib degree. I was trying to reflect Percy's fighting skill in his stats.

Here is another go at it
Percy Jackson
Jandar

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Tricky

Son of Posiedon
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space add 1 to his attack and defense. If Percy is on a water space add 2 to his attack and defense. Percy does not have to stop his movement when entering water.

This will reflect Percy's increased strength both near and the in the water.

Hydokenisis Special Attack
Range 2+Special. Attack 2+Special.
If Percy Jackson is with 3 spaces of a water space add 2 to the range and attack of Hydrokenisis Special Attack.

Here we can reflect Percy's ability to both create, control and harden water.

Tactitian
All friendly figures that are adjacent to Percy Jackson add one to their attack and defense.

Here we could reflect his leadership abilities...however I would prefer to use...

Water Healing

Unless Percy becomes the first HoF unit to have 4 abilities.

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 5

Did some increases here to further reflect his battle prowess and endurance

Also a side note Dexter has been added to the display thread.

Also what do you think of this for Percy's figure it will obviously need a repaint.

http://shop.strikezoneonline.com/Ite...F67479289.html

TREX May 12th, 2015 01:21 PM

On water he has 7 attack and 7 defense on water, 6 life, gets to regenerate. This guy is never going to die. Unless he's in a desert. Just an observation.

Dysole May 12th, 2015 01:28 PM

Jackson 5

Is he really a 5/5 without water? Tactician feels out of place. Is he really a 6 life monstrosity? Those base stats alone are Eltahale level. 4 attacks of 3 does enough damage to slowly win a war of attrition. As a single attacking figure I can't be super worried about him but I do wonder how beefy he really is. At that current level the lowest I'd be comfortable is 160.

~Dysole, updatingly

Porkins May 12th, 2015 01:35 PM

As he sits now, he's too tied to water and won't be usable on a map without it. How about some powers that aren't water specific such as the tactician angle?

Dysole May 12th, 2015 02:49 PM

Water You Doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 2020766)
As he sits now, he's too tied to water and won't be usable on a map without it. How about some powers that aren't water specific such as the tactician angle?

If he's Olympian Aquaman I'm fine with that. That said, the Dzu-teh and Obsidian Guards indicate that terrain dependent figures are not a bad thing (okay yes they're sucky figures but plug in Water Elemental or Eilan Sidhe and my point still stands)

That said, if we do want to go with something not water based I prefer a multi attacking option like this

GREEK TRAINING

If Percy Jackson kills an opponent's figure with a normal attack, he may attack with his normal attack one additional time.

and think it might be a better fit than Tactician.

If so we could probably combine Son of Poseidon into one ability.

SON OF POSEIDON

If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space add 1 to his attack and defense. If Percy is on a water space add 2 to his attack and defense. Percy does not have to stop his movement when entering water. After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

And go with the Hydrokinesis SA to fill out the card. I think I'd be fine keeping him at a 5/5 if he had 4 or 5 life and then we can probably put him at 160.

~Dysole, hydrologically