Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred May 23rd, 2012 10:47 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

For Aslan, I imagine a simple solid fighting body with a healing special power.
But I do like the thought of him roaring and bolstering the troops.
Perhaps a bonding like ability that instead of taking a turn with him, take a turn with a hero or squad. If it is a hero, remove wounds, if it is a squad, return fallen figures.
For butter, allow him to destroy himself to return fallen heroes.

JC McMinis May 23rd, 2012 11:11 AM

Sorry that your leaving us mac. Unfortunatley I cannot do the cards. My only internet access is via my phone right now.

Fi Skirata May 23rd, 2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

-Something to represent Aslan's ability to heal/depetrify (maybe to replace removed order markers?)
How about this:

Any friendly figures adjacent to Aslan may never have their Order Markers removed by a special power.

Needs some ironing, I know but I think it would be a start.

McHotcakes May 23rd, 2012 02:10 PM

I hope its ok if I post in this thread. I'm a big fan of this project and I love the process you guys use to make customs and would like to get involved.

Anyway on to Aslan, I think he should have some type of ability that let's him sacrifice himself in order to prevent figures from being destroyed. And also a resurrection type ability that let's come back after being sacrificed.

JC McMinis May 23rd, 2012 07:51 PM

You are more than welcome here McHotcakes. We value any input anyone wants to give.

JC McMinis May 23rd, 2012 11:23 PM

How about this

My Life For Yours
If a Unique Hero you control, within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan, recieves enough wounds that it would be destroyed, you may instead may instead destroy Aslan and ignore all wounds.

Aslan Returns
On any round aftet Aslan has been destroyed by My Life For Yours, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, remove all wound markers on this Army Card and place Aslan in your starting zone.

tcglkn May 23rd, 2012 11:27 PM

Awesome! I like those two with an INSPIRING PRESENCE power. Maybe like Tactician on Captain America with a range of 3-4 clear sight spaces?

machinekng May 24th, 2012 09:20 PM

Okay, I'll post my first draft tonight. Any more ideas would be appreciated.

machinekng May 24th, 2012 11:42 PM

Okay, here we go:

Aslan
Jandar

Lion
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciful
Large ?

Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

Inspiring Roar
After revealing a numbered order marker on Aslan's army card, you may also reveal an 'X' order marker that is on Aslan's amy card to activate Inspiring Roar. When you activate the Inspiring Roar ability, you may move all units you control within 6 spaces of Aslan 3 spaces. For the duration of the round, all units within 3 spaces of Aslan may add 1 to their defense value.

Breath of Life

After moving and before attacking with Aslan, you may roll the 20-sided die.
  • If you roll a 1-5 nothing happens.
  • If you roll a 6-12, you may remove up to 1 wound marker from a friendly unique hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Aslan.
  • If you roll a 13-18, you may remove up to 1 wound marker each from 2 friendly unique heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of Aslan.
  • If you roll a 19-20, you may remove upto 1 wound marker from all friendly unique heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of Aslan, and may place up to 2 previously destroyed common squad figures onto unoccupied spaces within 3 clear sight spaces of Aslan. Any units that cannot be placed are destroyed.

S1leNt RIP May 25th, 2012 12:24 AM

Okay, I just gotta say, where's the Game of Thrones characters?! What're you guys slacking or something?!

;)

JC McMinis May 25th, 2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S1leNt RIP (Post 1615819)
Okay, I just gotta say, where's the Game of Thrones characters?! What're you guys slacking or something?!

;)

I've not read the books or seen the series. But I'm sure they would make great customs.

mac122 May 25th, 2012 05:25 PM

Just a quick note. I am still stepping out of the group, but unless someone else wants to take over, I would be happy to continue putting the cards together and maintaining the display thread.