Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

machinekng October 14th, 2011 08:20 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see Tcglkn's idea.

Taeblewalker October 15th, 2011 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1496686)
Here's Randolph Carter's card with SirG's final edit and a point cost of 100.
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...CARTER-rev.png
Were there any other changes?

100 seems about right. It can be a very powerful ability, but once you place that X, you've just put a big target on his back. That would seem to balance it out.

Perfect. Thanks!

tcglkn October 19th, 2011 12:28 PM

I'm gonna go with designing Eragon. I plan to use Tandros Kreel as the proxy figure.

I just start with brainstorming right or do I need to post a write up now.

I hope to capture his Dragon Riding, the fact that he can store up his energy in gems on his belt for use during battle, his sword Brisingr and maybe range because he uses a bow and arrow from time to time.

Lamaclown October 19th, 2011 12:49 PM

I haven't read any of the books so it will be tough for me to contribute much in the early stages but here is an idea I had for a Dragon Riding ability a while back...

Quote:

DRAGON RIDER
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique Dragon you control. For the remainder of the game, after moving the chosen dragon, if it began its move adjacent to Eragon, you may place Eragon on any empty space adjacent to the dragon.
Pretty basic.

tcglkn October 19th, 2011 01:04 PM

That's pretty much what I was going for Lama, thanks for writing it up for me. :up:

machinekng October 19th, 2011 06:23 PM

I now finally have a use for my extra Tandros Kreel

Usually, when I propose ideas, I put them into a card format, but this time, I think I need to deconstruct things.

Brisingr- Since Eragon has a bow to use, and the Tandros Kreel miniature represents that, may his Brisingr ability could be like the Minions' Deadly Strike. He could have a base 3 attack to go with it.

Brisingr
When Eragon attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, all skulls count for one additional hit.

Energy Reserves-Eragon's offensive spells could be illustrated with his normal ranged attack, so I think the focus should be on his augmentive spells.

Perhaps...

Energy Reserves
At the beginning of the round, after order markers are placed, you may either add 2 to Eragon's move, 1 to Eragon's range, or 1 to Eragon's Defense for the remainder of the round.

Taeblewalker October 19th, 2011 10:56 PM

I can't do much more with Eragon, since I also don't know much about him, but I like Lama's Dragon Rider ability. As for the "sometimes uses his bow" thing, I would say to simply copy Tandros.

tcglkn October 19th, 2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1499557)
Energy Reserves
At the beginning of the round, after order markers are placed, you may either add 2 to Eragon's move, 1 to Eragon's range, or 1 to Eragon's Defense for the remainder of the round.

I like that suggestion for Brisingr.

This is something I can work with too, I think it would look better like this:

Energy Reserves
At the beginning of the round, after order markers are placed, you may either add 2 to Eragon's Move for the remainder of the round, 1 to Eragon's Range or Defense for the remainder of the round, or remove one wound marker from this card.

mac122 October 20th, 2011 05:53 PM

From what little I know of Eragon, Dragon Rider, Brisingr, and Energy Reserves seem to fit the character very well. I'm anxious to see your write-up for Eragon, tcglkn.

Taeblewalker October 20th, 2011 06:41 PM

Feel free to post his stats at this point, if you are ready.

tcglkn October 20th, 2011 06:48 PM

NAME = Eragon Shadeslayer

SPECIES = Half-Elf
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Dragon Rider
PERSONALITY = Driven

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

DRAGON RIDER
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique Dragon you control. For the remainder of the game, after moving the chosen dragon, if it began its move adjacent to Eragon, you may place Eragon on any empty space adjacent to the dragon.

ENERGY RESERVES
At the beginning of the round, after order markers are placed, you may either add 2 to Eragon's Move for the remainder of the round, 1 to Eragon's Range or Defense for the remainder of the round, or remove one wound marker from this card.

BRISINGR
When Eragon attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, all skulls count for one additional hit.

JC McMinis October 20th, 2011 07:53 PM

What general are you thinking for Eragon ?