Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   *possible* MN Tornament in the future, I have Questions. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8836)

deadeyedan42 May 30th, 2007 08:30 PM

*possible* MN Tornament in the future, I have Questions.

Well, I thought long and hard about it, and I'd like to host a tornament. Yes there will be prizes, but this is only IF it happens. I'm looking at hosting it in my town's fire hall, It's about one hour from of St. paul. I'm not handing out elaborate directions yet becuse IT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN.

I'm looking at the prizes as....

1 Vixen tor Dice tower (First Place)

1 RttFF (Second place)

2 Common Wave 7/6 boosters. (Third Place)

I wouldn't be able to get food unless some one donated money or I put up an entrance fee. Would any one be interested in coming IF I could pull it off? :)

Also, You would have to bring a Master set or two, depending on how many People attend.

Codeman May 30th, 2007 08:40 PM

That would be GREAT! I host and also help out with the North Iowa / Southern MN tourneys. It would be fun to just show up and play.

deadeyedan42 May 30th, 2007 08:46 PM

ooh.. snap, I'm an hour North of St. paul.. Would you be interesd in that? :pray:

Codeman May 30th, 2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadeyedan42
ooh.. snap, I'm an hour North of St. paul.. Would you be interesd in that? :pray:

Yes, I drove to Iowa City just last weekend to play in Heroscape Team Tournament. Plus I would probably bring a car or van full with me depending on how everone schedule is down here.

FYI - I have the Tree Town Open Heroscape Tournament every October, unfortunatly I don't have the date pinned down yet... hope to soon so I can get things moving. Do you have an idea as to when this tourney may happen (before or after Gen-Con).

deadeyedan42 May 30th, 2007 09:05 PM

Most likly After July 16th. that's a pretty close etimate. I'll need to mow Lawns for a while to earn the money, Witch is about 100 bucks depending on shiping costs from Vixentor, so if I earn 30 Bucks a week, that's 3/4 weeks, depending on when I start mowing the lawn, soo I'd say any time during the mouth of July after the 16th. :D

Codeman May 30th, 2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Most likly After July 16th. that's a pretty close etimate. I'll need to mow Lawns for a while to earn the money, Witch is about 100 bucks depending on shiping costs from Vixentor, so if I earn 30 Bucks a week, that's 3/4 weeks, depending on when I start mowing the lawn, soo I'd say any time during the mouth of July after the 16th. :D

Deadeye... I would like to suggest that you do not have to invest any of your money into the tourney ( I know it hard not to ), but really all you need to do is donate your time.... People will donate the place to hold the event, and also prizes. I would guess well over 50% of the people or companies I ask prize donations from come thru. I hate to see you spend a lot a money on this..... We will have just as much fun weather you spend $5 or $500. Please don't spend a lot on putting this event on.

One idea :idea:
One thing we have done at all our tourneys is to change $5 entry fee and we buy common expansions and divide them in half ( approx $5). We put those ½ expansions all out on the prize table and as well as group all the terrain and have that a prize also. It works well I think everyone seems to like that. This way everyone leaves with a prize and at least gets their money back in prizes (if not more).

spider_poison May 30th, 2007 09:59 PM

Codeman has some great ideas...he's basically the Godfather of hosting Heroscape tourneys :). I'd be interested in it, and like Codeman said, I recommend collecting a small tourney fee ($5 is pretty good) to go toward prizes. It's pretty hard to not invest any money outside of tourney fees into the prize pool, but you hopefully won't spend too much of your own cash. I hope this thing can float. 8)

Jormi_Boced May 30th, 2007 10:26 PM

I will try and attend.

deadeyedan42 May 31st, 2007 10:17 AM

Man, thanks for all teh pionters, although there is ONE problem, that would be my mom being really ticked at me spend in money on prizes. So I"ll need to cut down on the prizes. :( So how does this sound?

(first place) RttFF and one Common squad from table.

(second place) Two common squads from table.

(third place and every thing below) Takes home one Common Squad and a 2 hex tile.

Entrance Fee: $5

Things to bring:

O.ne Master set, [Pending on how many people show up.]

You're general tornament stuff [dice, order makers, wound markers, what ever counters you need.]

A 550 Point Army [Only official units from Hasbro or Halls aproved customs.]

A full stomach, I won't be able to serve food.

Sorry it has to be so low budget, but hey, what's a 13 year old gonna do? :)

And Guys, Don't get your hopes up, I need to get permision from the fire hall in order to do this, else I have nowhere else to host this.

Phloid_and_D-Man June 1st, 2007 04:08 PM

I would be interested as long as it doesn't fall on a day I have something else planned.

You should listen to Codeman. All you really need to do to generate some good prizes is to call around and ask for donations. You would be suprised at how much you can aquire. The Austin, MN tourney a few months back had an incredible prize pool most of which were dontated by online game retailers. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what date this thing lands on.

Codeman June 1st, 2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Man, thanks for all teh pionters, although there is ONE problem, that would be my mom being really ticked at me spend in money on prizes. So I"ll need to cut down on the prizes. :( So how does this sound?

Listen to your Mother.... please don't spend your money on prizes.

I think the first thing I would do is verify you can use the fire hall. How many tables and chairs does the fire hall have? Having people bring a Master Set is an interesting idea, and may work well. After you have the location confirmed you may want to post what maps you want us to play on. I would also suggest as people register for this event you can assign them a map to build ( they are really portable if you build them on paneling, plywood or even cardboard ) and bring. Hopefully as people arrive there will be plenty of tables set up for us to put our maps on.

Again don't worry about the prizes....work on it a little at a time and you may be surprizes that prizes will start coming out of the wood work... Check with your local business ( Hardware Store, Grocery Store, Gas Stations ) - you again may be surprized what they may have to donate.