Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of the Lair of the Mole Men (a C3G Map proposal) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=30025)

Cavalier April 20th, 2010 05:59 PM

The Book of the Lair of the Mole Men (a C3G Map proposal)

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...n_original.jpg

An underground cavern map using 2 RotV and 2 BftU.
HSC file -> Lair of the Mole Men

I see this one as a 'Competitive Map'

IAmBatman April 20th, 2010 06:05 PM

Re: The Book of the Lair of the Mole Men (a C3G Map proposal

I love the name here! :-) I could see this being adapted for a future Fantastic Four Master Set as well.

quozl April 20th, 2010 06:08 PM

Looks really nice with all the rock and dungeon.

I think this one would really benefit from glyphs. Have you thought about using them?

Griffin April 20th, 2010 06:15 PM

Me likey!

Cavalier April 20th, 2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1069471)
Looks really nice with all the rock and dungeon.

I think this one would really benefit from glyphs. Have you thought about using them?

I had thought of using the Marvel glyphs in a capture the flag type scenario (recover the item from the cavern). Also other random glyphs in the low areas could certainly drive the use of those areas of the map. So, in other words, I am not at all opposed to adding glyphs to this map. :)

Cavalier April 22nd, 2010 07:25 PM

:bump:ing to the front page.

Other than glyph, any other thoughts and/or suggestions on this one?

Scapemage April 22nd, 2010 07:31 PM

Well,m it is the lair of the Mole Men, but who are the Mole Men? You could have a scenario with neutral Mole Men.

1000th post!!!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot:

Cavalier April 22nd, 2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scapemage921 (Post 1071832)
Well,m it is the lair of the Mole Men, but who are the Mole Men? You could have a scenario with neutral Mole Men.

1000th post!!!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot:

This isn't a sceneario map. If you are unfamiliar with the C3G Map project, please read the information thread.

quozl April 22nd, 2010 09:02 PM

I do wonder about the big height right next to the startzones. Have you played on it?

Griffin April 22nd, 2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1071887)
I do wonder about the big height right next to the startzones. Have you played on it?

It looks like there are several ways for ground troops to approach it though, and it is nice to give each start zone an advantage point. I really don't think it would be a problem.

quozl April 23rd, 2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1071963)
Quote:

It looks like there are several ways for ground troops to approach it though, and it is nice to give each start zone an advantage point. I really don't think it would be a problem.

Yeah, not unbalanced or anything. I just wonder if it might play better if the big hills were shifted more toward the middle.

Cavalier April 23rd, 2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1072064)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1071963)
Quote:

Yeah, not unbalanced or anything. I just wonder if it might play better if the big hills were shifted more toward the middle.

I haven't played on it it (or even built it yet). The high parts next to the start zones are meant to give the feeling of a cavern, I think losing them would change the feel and flavor of the map. And for a supers map, I'm personally not as concerned about height near the start zone as I would be for a classic map.