Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   SOV/C3V Feedback Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56161)

SuperSamyon September 25th, 2019 08:41 PM

Re: SOV/C3V Feedback Thread

@superfrog I think you and others may have misunderstood what I meant about Facebook and discord. I wasn't saying to replace the forum with them, I was saying that if someone really wants feedback and isn't getting it from this forum, why not use the other channels available? It's not an either/or scenario.

LOL and clearly people hate the idea of conference calls. We'll have to disagree on that one since I'll argue that the amount of time it takes to read others comments and write your own response every night takes much more time than just having a quick chat about it. It's not a big deal though so it's really not worth discussing.

superfrog September 25th, 2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 2316700)
This should really be its own thread.

It is its own thread.

Heroscaper Guy September 25th, 2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSamyon (Post 2316702)
@superfrog I think you and others may have misunderstood what I meant about Facebook and discord. I wasn't saying to replace the forum with them, I was saying that if someone really wants feedback and isn't getting it from this forum, why not use the other channels available? It's not an either/or scenario.

LOL and clearly people hate the idea of conference calls. We'll have to disagree on that one since I'll argue that the amount of time it takes to read others comments and write your own response every night takes much more time than just having a quick chat about it. It's not a big deal though so it's really not worth discussing.

It's more what it means, a call to people who are introverts can be annoying (working up social battery for it), you have to carve out time for it, have to take notes if something has to be remembered. Rather than a text post I can easily search using ctrl-f. I hate doing it cause of group projects I had to do for my degree and I'm gonna hate doing it for years. I abide a bit by "I survived another meeting that should have been an email" and I think many people on the C3V team feel so too.

SuperSamyon September 25th, 2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 2316708)
Quote:

It's more what it means, a call to people who are introverts can be annoying (working up social battery for it), you have to carve out time for it, have to take notes if something has to be remembered. Rather than a text post I can easily search using ctrl-f. I hate doing it cause of group projects I had to do for my degree and I'm gonna hate doing it for years. I abide a bit by "I survived another meeting that should have been an email" and I think many people on the C3V team feel so too.

Fair enough. I can understand that position.

Dad_Scaper September 25th, 2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 2316704)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 2316700)
This should really be its own thread.

It is its own thread.

Pardon me, I was a doddering old man trying to navigate the internet with my thumbs.

Spoiler Alert!

Arch-vile September 25th, 2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 2316692)
Like I said, it changes C3V from feeling like a single project to feeling like a group of individual designs.

Agree to disagree there. I don't view the C3G as a group of individual designs. SoV is very public about the designer and playtesters (the SoV members) - they aren't lesser designs because of that acknowledgement.

superfrog September 25th, 2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 2316714)
Quote:

Like I said, it changes C3V from feeling like a single project to feeling like a group of individual designs.

Agree to disagree there. I don't view the C3G as a group of individual designs. SoV is very public about the designer and playtesters (the SoV members) - they aren't lesser designs because of that acknowledgement.

Right, but it is a separate project. C3V by design is a closed-doors place, and SoV by design is an open-doors place.

IAmBatman September 25th, 2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 2316716)
Quote:

Quote:

Right, but it is a separate project. C3V by design is a closed-doors place, and SoV by design is an open-doors place.

C3G does the majority of its designing behind closed doors as well.

robbdaman September 25th, 2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 2316716)
Quote:

Quote:

Keep in mind that they are linked by many common members and co-operation. That really links them in depth. The closed books show all the concepts and brainstorming and full testing sure but there is no design that is one person's baby no matter who is lead designer. Perhaps if we took a hint from C3G and used our open-doors place to allow workshopping similarly to their public designs section? Maybe it wouldn't work in quite the same way but it is an idea that allows for more public interaction and opportunity to be a part of C3V/SOV scape.

capsocrates September 25th, 2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The other factor is scheduling. It is much easier to get an entire team (of volunteers) to weigh in over the course of a few days than it is to get them all on the phone at the same time. Conference calls are also more susceptible to tangents. It might work for a different group of volunteers, but not us.

Heroscaper Guy September 25th, 2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 2316771)
Quote:

Quote:

The other factor is scheduling. It is much easier to get an entire team (of volunteers) to weigh in over the course of a few days than it is to get them all on the phone at the same time. Conference calls are also more susceptible to tangents. It might work for a different group of volunteers, but not us.

Kinda what I meant by carving out time for it, was scheduling.

SuperSamyon September 26th, 2019 08:18 AM

I think that with Dad Scaper creating the Alternate Figures thread that's really going to help out the issue of needing to release figures the moment they are announced to the public. For those that follow the C3V thread closely, they can pick up the figures when they are announced and for those who come later, there will be official alternate figures so they can still participate. That will definitely help out tournaments and directors since they can just reference that thread for approved alternate sculps and help keep VC easy to get into no matter what time someone joins. And it will keep my wife happy since I won't be dropping hundreds of dollars every month on hard to find figures! Lol

I'm a pretty happy camper since most of my suggestions were based around accessibility to the scene and this solution inadvertently solves a lot of those issues so thank you! And thanks Dad Scaper!