Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Beyonder (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=34744)

GreyOwl February 21st, 2011 11:04 AM

Re: The Book of Beyonder - ERB Phase

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1346327)
For Supreme Summoning, I think the fix is to just specify that the second figure has to be the same size as the first.

Isn't it possible for two Large figures to be on different size bases though?

SirGalahad February 21st, 2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1346360)
Quote:

For Supreme Summoning, I think the fix is to just specify that the second figure has to be the same size as the first.

The rulebooks do refer to "double-based figures" (Volcarren Wasteland, glyph rules). Maybe you could use that.

GreyOwl February 21st, 2011 01:12 PM

So maybe something like this?

Quote:

After moving and before attacking, you may choose one figure within clear sight of Beyonder. You may either place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Beyonder or choose another figure with the same size base within clear sight of Beyonder and switch the chosen figures. Figures moved by Supreme Summoning never take any leaving engagement attacks.

GreyOwl February 21st, 2011 01:13 PM

First ERB response:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin
Looks great! I have no idea if 6 defense 40 life is the right ratio, but I figure it will shift in playtesting. Only issue I see is that he has one seriously cheesy tactic on lava maps (Martian Warzone, for example). As an event hero, he can land on molten lava with relative impunity and than summon heroes onto adjacent molten lava tiles. I vaguely recall some discussion about making Supers less vulnerable to molten lava but I don't remember if it happened and I can't find it in a quick search. If they still die on molten lava, something needs to change a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimensional Warping?
All Molten Lava spaces adjacent to Beyonder are considered to be Lava Rock spaces

~Aldin, hotly

IAmBatman February 21st, 2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1346332)
Well, shouldn't he be able to move another Event Hero, if you happened to have one in your army? I mean, he did move Galactus in the comics.

I'm not referring to the summoning power. Moving Event Heroes around is fine. Taking turns with them in Mere Pawns is not fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1346360)
Quote:

Large figures on any base can't go on the ladders, though, I thought? So the size thing would fix the ladder issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1346451)
First ERB response:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin
Looks great! I have no idea if 6 defense 40 life is the right ratio, but I figure it will shift in playtesting. Only issue I see is that he has one seriously cheesy tactic on lava maps (Martian Warzone, for example). As an event hero, he can land on molten lava with relative impunity and than summon heroes onto adjacent molten lava tiles. I vaguely recall some discussion about making Supers less vulnerable to molten lava but I don't remember if it happened and I can't find it in a quick search. If they still die on molten lava, something needs to change a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimensional Warping?
All Molten Lava spaces adjacent to Beyonder are considered to be Lava Rock spaces

~Aldin, hotly

Honestly, at 2500 points, on a lava map against this guy you're really not looking at tourney play. If you decide to even play a match like that (which is akin to playing an all-molten lava map with Obsidian Guards), then you should bring all of your lava resistant guys to compete with him.

GreyOwl February 21st, 2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1346717)
I'm not referring to the summoning power. Moving Event Heroes around is fine. Taking turns with them in Mere Pawns is not fine.

Ah, got it. That's updated now.

Quote:

Large figures on any base can't go on the ladders, though, I thought? So the size thing would fix the ladder issue.

But ladders aren't the only issue. What if you have a single base figure standing on a single elevated hex, and he gets switched with a double base figure?

Quote:

Honestly, at 2500 points, on a lava map against this guy you're really not looking at tourney play. If you decide to even play a match like that (which is akin to playing an all-molten lava map with Obsidian Guards), then you should bring all of your lava resistant guys to compete with him.

I completely agree.

IAmBatman February 21st, 2011 11:02 PM

Fair point. Not sure I'm in love with the "same sized base" language, though ...

SirGalahad February 21st, 2011 11:31 PM

We can use the same language as in the DO rules:

Quote:

Figures may never be placed on uneven terrain.

Spidey'tilIDie February 21st, 2011 11:39 PM

:ninja: I was just researching to say the same thing.

IAmBatman February 21st, 2011 11:41 PM

That I'd go for.

Aldin February 22nd, 2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1347032)
Quote:

I completely agree.

Really? I intentionally picked a listed SuperScape competitive map to make my point. Do you truly want to release a figure with an "incompatible with lava" caveat? Personally I think it would stink to be completely unable to use him on any map with molten lava. If I have Martian Warzone set up on my table, should I really have to tear it down and build something else if my son and I want to play a Beyonder event?

~Aldin, who thinks it would be very sad to release a terrain-impaired Beyonder

Griffin February 22nd, 2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin (Post 1347159)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1347032)
Quote:

I completely agree.

Really? I intentionally picked a listed SuperScape competitive map to make my point. Do you truly want to release a figure with an "incompatible with lava" caveat? Personally I think it would stink to be completely unable to use him on any map with molten lava. If I have Martian Warzone set up on my table, should I really have to tear it down and build something else if my son and I want to play a Beyonder event?

~Aldin, who thinks it would be very sad to release a terrain-impaired Beyonder

I am with Aldin. :word:

~ Griff, who isn't comfortable with using the "I'm with Stupid" smiley.... most of the time ;)