Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Beyonder (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=34744)

GreyOwl March 2nd, 2011 05:10 PM

Re: The Book of Beyonder - Playtesting

I'm waiting for one more from All Your Pie. I can send him the updated version, but I'm not sure if he's started yet or not.

IAmBatman March 2nd, 2011 05:13 PM

Probably a good idea.

GreyOwl March 2nd, 2011 05:14 PM

Done.

IAmBatman March 2nd, 2011 05:17 PM

Cool. Depending on the results, we'll probably want to try to get at least one more test done with the updated version.

GreyOwl March 2nd, 2011 05:33 PM

Sounds good!

IAmBatman March 2nd, 2011 05:35 PM

I'm enjoying this Iron Age of C3G! :-)

GreyOwl March 4th, 2011 09:31 PM

Final play test, though I agree we should probably make whatever tweaks we think he needs, and then send him out for more playtests.

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Your Pie
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Beyonder

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
I'm not sure- his range is one, which makes sense with his Supreme Summoning, but I've never seen the Beyonder punch someone. I don't pretend to be an expert here however, so PASS.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

All tests played with Knockback and Molten Lava optional rules.

- Army Test/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. .FAIL. He is broken in the presence of molten lava.
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. .PASS. 2500 seems good.
Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman March 5th, 2011 12:22 AM

So in one test he's broken around molten lava but in the other test, on the same map, he's just fine?
Confusing ... I think the dice mostly just favored him in that first match up and that he wasn't very effectively counterdrafted. I don't see a real issue there.

tcglkn March 7th, 2011 09:06 AM

Beyonder 1

Beyonder 2

Beyonder 3

Beyonder 4

IAmBatman March 7th, 2011 10:26 AM

Thanks, Tickle! Linked to the first post.
And, since I realized we're not actually waiting on any more tests here, I propose we move Beyonder to final editing. :-)

tcglkn March 7th, 2011 10:37 AM

Yea.

SirGalahad March 7th, 2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

SUPREME SUMMONING
After moving and before attacking, you may choose one figure within clear sight of Beyonder. You may either place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Beyonder or choose another figure within clear sight of Beyonder and switch the chosen figures. Figures moved by Supreme Summoning never take any leaving engagement attacks and may never be placed on uneven terrain.

MERE PAWNS

After revealing an Order Marker on this card, and instead of taking a turn with Beyonder, you may roll the 20-sided die.
  • If you roll 1-11, choose the figures for any other card you control.
  • If you roll 12-17, choose one Unique Hero within 10 clear sight spaces.
  • If you roll 18 or higher, choose up to two Unique Heroes within 10 clear sight spaces.
Take temporary control of each figure and immediately take a turn with each chosen figure. At the end of the turn, control of each chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before Mere Pawns was used. All Order Markers that were on each chosen figure's card will stay on the card.
For SUPREME SUMMMONING, we will probably need a FAQ addressing how a double-based figure is switched with a single-based figure.

In MERE PAWNS, since I only need one card for all commons I control, is the intent that he can take a turn with every one of the common figures on that card?

10 Moloids? 16 Civilians? 16 Street Thugs? All of my S.H.I.E.L.D. Snipers?

I know he would likely be the only figure in your army, but what about higher-point games?