Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

SirGalahad August 3rd, 2010 08:49 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Also, you should probably remove the "same-level" distinction for a couple of reasons. There might not be enough same-level spaces available for all affected figures to move and not end up engaged with an opponent's figure. What a great way to put your opponent at height disadvantage! If you didn't want your own figures climbing to get height, you could just say "same-level or lower".

mac122 August 3rd, 2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1164597)
Also, you should probably remove the "same-level" distinction for a couple of reasons. There might not be enough same-level spaces available for all affected figures to move and not end up engaged with an opponent's figure. What a great way to put your opponent at height disadvantage! If you didn't want your own figures climbing to get height, you could just say "same-level or lower".

In the movie, they never show the Neuralyzer being used to cause harm. I wanted to word it so that you could not have someone walk off the ledge and take falling damage. If I change it, I'd rather it be "same level or higher" unless there is an easy wording fix that that would allow moving lower without worrying about falling damage.
Since it is "move" and not "place" normal movement rules would apply, correct? Also, since it's "may move" you don't have to move the affected figures, right?

Is this better?

NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure that have clear sight to Agent J are also affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, you may move any or all affected figures up to 3 same-level or higher spaces. Moved figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move adjacent to an opposing figure or on a lava space.

Balantai August 4th, 2010 11:15 AM

The only issue I have with using Neuralizer on friendlies is that you'll always use Agent J early in the game to attempt to move your other figures out of the start zone. Is that an acceptable use for Neuralizer in your opinion? If you're okay with that theme, then I can live with it.

Balantai August 4th, 2010 11:17 AM

I don't really like the "or higher" wording. I prefer just same level spaces.

mac122 August 4th, 2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1164974)
The only issue I have with using Neuralizer on friendlies is that you'll always use Agent J early in the game to attempt to move your other figures out of the start zone. Is that an acceptable use for Neuralizer in your opinion? If you're okay with that theme, then I can live with it.

Hadn't thought of that. That wasn't the intention. I wanted to allow him to target friendlies in case they are stuck in engagement to help them get out of the jam. I don't think there's a simple way to allow him to target friendlies but not use it in the start zone. I'll make it "choose an opposing figure" - unless someone can figure out an elegant way to make it work the other way.

I've heard differing opinions on the "same level" or "same level or higher" movement options. Since it's a move, movement rules would apply (right?). So the "or higher" gives a bit more flexibility but not alot. Are there other opinions?

Here's where it stands at the moment:

NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking, you may choose an opposing figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure that have clear sight to Agent J are also affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, you may move any or all affected figures up to 3 same-level or higher (?) spaces. Moved figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move adjacent to an opposing figure or on a lava space.

wulfhunter667 August 4th, 2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1165098)
NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking, you may choose an opposing figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure that have clear sight to Agent J are also affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, you may move any or all affected figures up to 3 same-level or higher (?) spaces. Moved figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move adjacent to an opposing figure or on a lava space.

I think the official wording you are looking for here is "an enemy figure," but based on comments from earlier, if it's intended to affect all figures, enemy and friendly alike, you should probably go with just "any." As far as "or higher," I think that works just fine. Just my :2cents:.

Balantai August 5th, 2010 11:24 AM

AGENT J
MOVIES

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
AGENT
BRASH

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4

MOVE 6
RANGE 7
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 5

POINTS 130

TAUNT 10
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker for a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, Agent J is the only figure that can be attacked this turn.

NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking with Agent J, you may choose an opponent's figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may move all affected figures up to 3 same-level or higher spaces. Affected figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move engaged or on a lava space.

NOISY CRICKET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
After attacking with Noisy Cricket Special Attack, roll 1 attack die. A skull rolled counts as one unblockable hit on Agent J.

Balantai August 5th, 2010 11:27 AM

Let's see some thumbs so we can move on to Wulf's design.

:thumbsup:

Lamaclown August 5th, 2010 11:41 AM

A most definite :thumbsup:

Delph August 5th, 2010 12:14 PM

I prefer to think of him without the NEURALYZER, since he didn't get it until the end of the movie, but I won't let that get in the way of a:

Balantai August 5th, 2010 12:23 PM

Thanks Delph, and welcome aboard!

mac122 August 5th, 2010 01:04 PM

Don't know if it's poor form to vote for my own design, but...
If it is, I'll just Neuralyze you all and tell you this thumb never happened.;)

Edit: thanks for everyone's input on Agent J!

wulfhunter667 August 5th, 2010 02:33 PM

And mine as well. :thumbsup:

SirGalahad August 5th, 2010 03:05 PM

He's missing his 'J' at the end of the last power.

mac122 August 5th, 2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1165853)
AGENT J
MOVIES

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
AGENT
BRASH

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4

MOVE 6
RANGE 7
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 5

POINTS 130

TAUNT 10
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker for a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, Agent J is the only figure that can be attacked this turn.

NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking with Agent J, you may choose an opponent's figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may move all affected figures up to 3 same-level or higher spaces. Affected figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move engaged or on a lava space.

NOISY CRICKET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
After attacking with Noisy Cricket Special Attack, roll 1 attack die. A skull rolled counts as one unblockable hit on Agent J.

Fixed!

JC McMinis August 5th, 2010 03:18 PM

Looks good mac

Balantai August 5th, 2010 03:18 PM

Is that a thumbs up, SirGalahad?

Takanuva August 5th, 2010 03:54 PM

Balantai August 5th, 2010 04:02 PM

I'm going to assume SirGalahad gave his thumb with his wording correction and thus Agent J passes.

You can post your choice whenever you get a chance, Wulf.

wulfhunter667 August 5th, 2010 06:17 PM

Thank you sir, and good job Mac. My choice...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

http://blogonomicon.eponym.com/buffy.jpg

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure #067 -#069, Vampire Hunter.

http://74.50.48.3/uploaded_images/thumb/47193-thumb.jpg

Background:
To be determined later.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

TV, Movies & Comics: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Human

Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 7
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 6
POINTS ?

Possible Powers
I want to represent acouple of different aspects here.
1) Slayer strength - Yes, the above is correct, Attack 3. That represents the crossbow she has in hand. But I want to up it for adjacent attacks, not unlike Carr.
2) Speed and agility - Although some of this is hidden in the proposed stats, I might go a different direction with it. Might reduce defense to 4 and go with WoA's Defensive Agility or maybe a variant of Disappearing Ninja for the defense and movement combo.
3) Slayer senses - Maybe, but since we kinda did that a little with Simon earlier, I am more inclined to lend towards...
4) Vampire Slayer - An ability to gain some extra against vampires, monsters and darn near everyone.

I know, I know. Looks like I'm trying to create a superhero, right? Well, as written and portrayed as about a superhero. At the same time, I am not trying to have her cost 250 points, you know?
Basically what I am going for here is a good, up-front offensive character. Someone you wouldn't mind building an army around.
In case you've been living under a rock, info for Buffy is found here and info on the Slayer is found here.

Last thing, I thought I remembered seeing early on in this thread that if you start a series/show/movie, you may call dibbs on the remainer of the characters. If that's the case, consider this my dibbs on the Buffyverse. ;)

JC McMinis August 5th, 2010 09:43 PM

How about this combining your Slayer Strength and Vampire Slayer into 1 power.

The Slayer
When Buffy attacks a figure that is adjacent, add 2 additional dice to her attack rolls. When Buffy rolss attack dice against a figure that is not human all skulls rolled count for 1 additional hit.

SirGalahad August 5th, 2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1166029)
Is that a thumbs up, SirGalahad?

Yes it was

Lamaclown August 5th, 2010 11:38 PM

Very cool pick, wulfhunter! I used to be a major Buff-aholic. I have almost every episode in my movie collection:oops:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1166454)
How about this combining your Slayer Strength and Vampire Slayer into 1 power.

The Slayer
When Buffy attacks a figure that is adjacent, add 2 additional dice to her attack rolls. When Buffy rolss attack dice against a figure that is not human all skulls rolled count for 1 additional hit.

With 5 attack dice that could be kind of over the top. Most abilities like that have a max out around 3 attack I think. Not a bad idea just a little too powerful, I think, with 5 attack dice (base of 3 plus 2 additional).

How about something along the lines of...

SLAYER
When attacking a figure that is adjacent, Buffy may add 2 dice to her attack roll. If the defending figure is not human, once per attack, Buffy may reroll any attack dice that show blanks.

She typically wouldn't use her full power if she had to fight a human (except for Faith) so this would still remain faithful to her character.

To show agility or speed she could have a Counterstrike ability (although WoA works better; I would say make it against any attack).

For strength maybe an ability that says when targeted by a special attack or ability she should be considered a Large figure. There are special abilities that don't work against large figures (i.e. she is strong enough to fight off Jotun so he can't throw her; she is strong enough to fight off Chompy so he can't Chomp her; etc.). Of course what do you do with the Axegrinders? It isn't the best idea I've had for a special ability but hey, this is a brainstorming post so that is what I'm doing.

More ideas to follow.

(cool, this is post 777 for me)

mac122 August 6th, 2010 12:11 PM

Great idea, Wulf!
I've seen a few epsisodes of the TV show but not the movie or comic books. I don't recall Buffy using many weapons so I don't really have a comment on ranged attacks. From what I've seen, she is awesome at hand-to-hand combat. I think Lamaclown is on the right track with some version of Counterstrike or WoA like both of you have mentioned. The re-roll against non-humans is a nice touch, too. Gives her more potential hits without making her overpowered like additional dice might.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamaclown
For strength maybe an ability that says when targeted by a special attack or ability she should be considered a Large figure. There are special abilities that don't work against large figures (i.e. she is strong enough to fight off Jotun so he can't throw her; she is strong enough to fight off Chompy so he can't Chomp her; etc.). Of course what do you do with the Axegrinders? It isn't the best idea I've had for a special ability but hey, this is a brainstorming post so that is what I'm doing.

This is a neat idea. Maybe the axegrinders will be her weakness. Or you write with a "may consider her to be large." Though I don't think I'd say that to her face;)

Balantai August 6th, 2010 12:57 PM

Buffy is a great pick. I'm excited to make this character since I already have the mini. :twisted: Also, there's no dibs on a specific universe. If the next person wants to create Angel, that's perfectly okay. Same thing with Doctor Who. If someone wants to make anyone from that universe, they're more than welcome to.

Ideas:

I like her base stats, but I think I'd reduce her normal attack to 2. She's almost definitely going to have an ability that buffs her attack against adjacent figures, anyway. I think an attack of 2 better represents firing a crossbow.

I'm also not sure she needs a move of 7. If six is good enough for Captain America, I would think it's good enough for Buffy, too. If you're trying to represent her agility, there's a power I use on my customs that might work.

Agility
Once during Buffy's move, you may treat an elevation change of up to 10 spaces as 1 space. Buffy never takes falling damage. (Or something like this.)

I think Buffy is a great candidate for counterstrike. This will really help her against adjacent figures. How often on the show was Buffy attacked first, but she turned it around on the attacker? From what I can remember, it happened all the time.

She definitely needs a power against Vampires and/or non-Humans.
Maybe:

Slayer
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 3 additional attack dice.

Slayer Aura
All enemy figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Buffy that are not Human subrtact 1 from their attack and defense.

Vampire Slayer
When attacking an Undead figure with the Drain Life Special Power, you may roll 2 additional attack dice and may reroll any dice that did not show skulls. You may only reroll dice once per attack. (I forget the official wording.)

I'll post more ideas as they come to me.

Hrockle August 6th, 2010 03:37 PM

I've never watched Buffy, so I will sit this one out. I will however, try to help with wording and points as need be.

mac122 August 6th, 2010 11:51 PM

FYI - I made a card for myself for playtesting Simon Belmont. If anyone else is interested, I posted it in the Heroes of Fiction Playtesting Thread.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=31434

Edit: Also went ahead and made some cards for The Doctor and Agent J for playtesting.

wulfhunter667 August 8th, 2010 12:18 AM

I have an idea for something to put on the Buffy card. It's something I use rather heavily in my SuperScape customs.
Martial Artist
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and when rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Yes, yes, I realize this is just a mix up of Disengage and Counterstrike, but I think they work well together and putting them together is the logic thing to do. ;)

dfonse August 8th, 2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1168053)
I have an idea for something to put on the Buffy card. It's something I use rather heavily in my SuperScape customs.
Martial Artist
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and when rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Yes, yes, I realize this is just a mix up of Disengage and Counterstrike, but I think they work well together and putting them together is the logic thing to do. ;)

Putting them together does make sense. That way she can counter like people had mentioned earlier but still If Buffy had an ability that made her agile it would make more sense to add disengage to that.

machinekng August 9th, 2010 12:18 AM

I also have never seen Buffy, so I too will have to sit this out. I'll do my best to critique the drafts, however.

Balantai August 9th, 2010 01:33 PM

I think we're ready for your first draft, Wulf. :D

wulfhunter667 August 9th, 2010 11:51 PM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure #067 -#069, Vampire Hunter.

Background:
To be determined later.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Human
Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS ?

SLAYER'S AGILITY
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. Buffy is not affected by Falling Rules, and she may be considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers.

Ok. I think that covers the most of it. I'm not 100% sold on the wording for either of the powers, but you get the idea here.
Also, not sure on points yet. Open to suggestions. My gut says 180, but that could just be gas. :razz:

mac122 August 10th, 2010 12:23 AM

Nice draft!
What about this for Slayer's Agility?
SLAYER'S AGILITY
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

For Slayer's Strength, if it was changed to "...she may be considered Large..." that might solve the Axegrinders issue that was brought up earlier.

machinekng August 10th, 2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1169512)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Background:
To be determined later.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Human
Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS ?

SLAYER'S AGILITY
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and when rolling defense dice against a normal attack, one shield will block all damage. Additionally, if the attacking figure is adjacent to Buffy, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on that figure.

SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. Buffy is not affected by Falling Rules, and she is considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers.

Ok. I think that covers the most of it. I'm not 100% sold on the wording for either of the powers, but you get the idea here.
Also, not sure on points yet. Open to suggestions. My gut says 180, but that could just be gas. :razz:

Nice.

I see one problem with slayer strength. It includes eleves, eldarians, and other humaniod races that are nonmonstrous.

It could say, any adjacent figure that follows Utgar. That gets ride of most the problems.

wulfhunter667 August 10th, 2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1169531)
I see one problem with slayer strength. It includes eleves, eldarians, and other humaniod races that are nonmonstrous.

It could say, any adjacent figure that follows Utgar. That gets ride of most the problems.

That's kinda the point. Slayers are equal opportunity killers. Just because other non humanoid races follow other generals doesn't mean that to the Slayer, they aren't monsters. And limiting her to only Utgar means she wouldn't get bonuses vs. Braxas, Jotun, Granite Guardians, and a whole host of others. No thanks.
Also, updated the above version with Mac's wording suggestions.

Lamaclown August 10th, 2010 09:33 AM

I like it!

Question on Slayer's Agility that just occurred to me...

1 shield blocks all damage on normal attacks... excess shields count as unblockbale hits on adjacent figure...

If an adjacent fig rolls 2 skulls with a normal attack and Buffy rolls 3 shield how many will be considered excess?

1 shield blocks everything so the other 2 shields are excess... or 3 shields minus 2 skulls equals 1 excess shield?

Either way works fine I think but it may need some clarification.

Again nice job. I can't wait to playtest her. She looks like she will be a lot of fun.

mac122 August 10th, 2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1169647)
I like it!

Question on Slayer's Agility that just occurred to me...

1 shield blocks all damage on normal attacks... excess shields count as unblockbale hits on adjacent figure...

If an adjacent fig rolls 2 skulls with a normal attack and Buffy rolls 3 shield how many will be considered excess?

1 shield blocks everything so the other 2 shields are excess... or 3 shields minus 2 skulls equals 1 excess shield?

Either way works fine I think but it may need some clarification.

Again nice job. I can't wait to playtest her. She looks like she will be a lot of fun.

This has been adjusted. It's now 1 shield block for non-adjacent attacks and excess shields are unblockable wounds from adjacent attacks.

Lamaclown August 10th, 2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1169651)
This has been adjusted. It's now 1 shield block for non-adjacent attacks and excess shields are unblockable wounds from adjacent attacks.

Ooops, sorry.
I see that now in the original post.
Thats what I get for reading a quoted post instead of the original post.

mac122 August 10th, 2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1169672)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1169651)

Ooops, sorry.
I see that now in the original post.
Thats what I get for reading a quoted post instead of the original post.

Like Wulf always says, you're allowed one. One. ;)

Balantai August 10th, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1169512)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Human
Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS ?

SLAYER'S AGILITY

SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. Buffy is not affected by Falling Rules, and she may be considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers.

I'm not a huge fan of combining powers from different points in the round into one Special Power. In other words, Slayer Agility has a movement based power and two defense based powers. Slayer's Strength has a movement based power, a defensive based power and an attack based power. I'd rather see Buffy have three abilities such as:

Slayer's Agility
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Buffy never takes falling damage.

Slayer's Strength
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice.

Slayer's Training
Buffy may be considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not completely sold on the Large size determination. It really belongs as its own special power and I'm not sure what it represents.

In addition, I would mind seeing "Buffy may roll 1 additional attack die if the defending figure has the Drain Life Special Power" at the end of Slayer Strength. I'd like to see her get an additional bonus on Vampires.

wulfhunter667 August 10th, 2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1169751)
I'm not a huge fan of combining powers from different points in the round into one Special Power. In other words, Slayer Agility has a movement based power and two defense based powers. Slayer's Strength has a movement based power, a defensive based power and an attack based power. I'd rather see Buffy have three abilities such as:

Slayer's Agility
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Buffy never takes falling damage.

Slayer's Strength
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice.

Slayer's Training
Buffy may be considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Good ideas all, Balantai. I will consider this when I do V. 2.0.
Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not completely sold on the Large size determination. It really belongs as its own special power and I'm not sure what it represents.

Spoiler Alert!

The origin of that is in the spoiler above. Buffy is beyond strong and seems to have infallible luck against most big bad attacks. That's the reasoning behind it. Superstrength really doesn't cover that, but I did add the line about falling damage from SS.
Quote:

In addition, I would mind seeing "Buffy may roll 1 additional attack die if the defending figure has the Drain Life Special Power" at the end of Slayer Strength. I'd like to see her get an additional bonus on Vampires.

I probably should do that.
Anyway, I know, multi-powers don't always fly, and I knew typing it up, it was a bit much, but at the very least, I think I crammed all the ideas I was going for in there. I'll give it until tonight, recheck the thread for further ideas and update.

Balantai August 10th, 2010 07:18 PM

I guess I can see the reasoning behind treating her as Large, but I don't really see it as paramount to character. If you really wanted a power like this on the card, I think I'd rather see a "subract 1 from the 20-sided die" type power instead of treating her as large. With so much already going on, I just don't think it's necessary.

wulfhunter667 August 10th, 2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1170220)
I guess I can see the reasoning behind treating her as Large, but I don't really see it as paramount to character. If you really wanted a power like this on the card, I think I'd rather see a "subract 1 from the 20-sided die" type power instead of treating her as large. With so much already going on, I just don't think it's necessary.

I like the idea. It opens up so much more for her for being the bada$$ figure she should be. Below is a list of some (if not all) of the powers that she won't be affected by...
Spoiler Alert!

Being able to avoid those attacks altogether as opposed to subtracting 1... No contest. ;)

mac122 August 11th, 2010 12:59 AM

First, I like Balantai's reorganization of the powers. Nice job. I also like the idea of the additional attack die against Vampires - very much in the theme. As long as we're OK with 6 base attack against Vampires, that works for me.

I'd really like to see where Wulf's/Lama's idea takes Buffy. Negating the powers Wulf listed will make her a force to be reckoned with. The concern will be how much this affects her point cost.

wulfhunter667 August 11th, 2010 01:40 AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer V. 2.0

Background:
To be determined later.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Human
Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS 190

SLAYER'S AGILITY

SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. Buffy may roll 1 additional attack die if the defending figure has the Drain Life Special Power.

SLAYER'S TRAINING

Lamaclown August 11th, 2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1170521)
I am still unsure how to cost her though and am open to suggestions.

As far as cost, you originally mentioned 180. I think that sounds like a fair starting place. We will have to see what playtesting says from there unless there are any other better suggestions for a starting place.

Hrockle August 11th, 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1171168)
As far as cost, you originally mentioned 180.

This. If anything, she can go up in cost.

Balantai August 11th, 2010 04:59 PM

Any possiblity of reducing her normal attack to 2? She's still have 4 attack against adjacent figures and 5 attack against adjacent vampires. Or even reduce her attack to 2, but increase the other bonuses by 1. I don't think Buffy needs a high ranged attack.