Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker May 1st, 2012 10:27 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Great work. I haven' read the books, so I'm of limited use. As for minis, I like the Matt Murdock and last Bruce Banner ones.

mac122 May 4th, 2012 01:26 PM

Any more thoughts on Harry or the Glyphs?

Should the Firebolt glyph card specify that the figure gains the flying special power?

I did not have the John Jameson figure after all, but I did have some credit, so I've got one on order. Probably the trickiest part will be making the glasses look decent. I have the Bruce Banner figure, so I may take a look at that - just not fond of the clothing style. Might be able to make the lab coat look like a robe.

tcglkn May 4th, 2012 01:27 PM

I'm sure you can make something good for him. I was looking through my figures last night and I don't think I have a good mini to mod for him right now.

JC McMinis May 4th, 2012 02:33 PM

You could always cut the head off of bruce and put it on jameson

mac122 May 4th, 2012 02:44 PM

Who do you think I am?
http://www.filmzone.it/wp-content/up...-toy-story.jpg
:D

If Banners head isn't too big, that just might be a good solution.

JC McMinis May 4th, 2012 08:40 PM

Thats what I did to make my Lex Luthor figure....I wasn't about to pay $8 for the Lex in his battlesuit....so I bought a Lex Corp secuity figure and a different Lex figure and did a little surgery. (You can see it in my paints & mods thread)

JC McMinis May 6th, 2012 08:36 PM

So where are we on Mr. Potter?

tcglkn May 6th, 2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1601209)
NAME = Harry Potter

FACTION = Gryffindor Jandar

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Wizard
PERSONALITY = Loyal

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = .

MAGICAL EQUIPMENT
At the start of the game, before placing figures, choose up to 6 different Treasure Glyphs. Place any 2 of the chosen glyphs on this Army Card and 2 on the Army Cards of any other Heroes you control. Place the remaining Treasure Glyphs symbol side up on any empty space outside your start zone at least 8 spaces away from Harry Potter.

EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, Harry Potter may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, the chosen hero Range is reduced to 1 and that hero rolls one fewer attack die for the remainder of the round.

STUPEFY
If Harry Potter inflicts a wound on a figure with his normal attack, the player controlling that figure must remove the lowest numbered order marker from that figure's card.

Permanent Treasure Glyphs:
Glyph of Firebolt
(Move +2 and Flying)
This figure may move two additional spaces when Flying. When counting spaces for this figure's movement, ignore elevations. This figure may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When this figure starts to fly, if it is engaged it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Glyph of Maurader's Map
(Tactical Advantage)
When you roll for initiative you may add 2 to your roll. If you win initiative, you may choose one opponent. That opponent must remove an "X" Order Marker from an Army Card he or she controls.

Glyph of Gryffindor's Sword
(Melee Attack +2)
This figure rolls two additional attack dice against adjacent figures.

This was my latest version. I haven't had any comments on it other than nice and what figure are we using so we are waiting on the figure now.

JC McMinis May 6th, 2012 09:33 PM

Looks good...Ive listened to all the books, I prefer audio books so I can be dping other things while still 'reading'. I think its a very good representation of the character.

tcglkn May 6th, 2012 09:40 PM

Yea, I've read all the books multiple times and I really like the theme of this design.

JC McMinis May 6th, 2012 09:40 PM

Oh heres an idea maybe for a treasure glyph.

Goblin Clangers
Instead of attack with the figure that has this glyph, you may use Goblin Clangers. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher each dragon figure within 2 spaces of the figure using Goblin Clangers takes one wound.

mac122 May 6th, 2012 10:16 PM

I've not read any of the books, but I've seen all the movies. I really like the design. My only concern would be the power of Magical equipment. Being able to start the game with 4 treasure glyphs could be game changing. We'll have to make sure we reflect that in Harry's point cost.