Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Conflict Chernobyl (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=51014)

Yodaking November 4th, 2014 10:06 PM

The Book of Conflict Chernobyl

The Book of Conflict Chernobyl

A C3G Competitive Map

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...tChernobyl.png
Download the PDF
Download the PockeMod File

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set, Marvel:The Conflict Begins™ Master Set, Road to the Forgotten Forest Expansion Set, Ticalla™ Jungle Expansion Set

MAP Bio - In 1986 a nuclear power plant accident in the Ukraine forced the people of Chernobyl to abandon their city, with the radioactive fall out ensuring no one would want to return. Father Time and Mother Nature then began the slow process of reclaiming this land. Seeds fell into sidewalk cracks as trees, bushes, and grass spread across the urban landscape. Buildings crumbled. The sewers' drainage system was eventually plugged and new pools of deep water formed through out the city. The city would not remain unoccupied forever though. These days, it's the cacophony of battle that haunts the shadows and ghosts of this once abandoned city.

GLYPHS USED:
Glyph of Wannok and Glyph of Proftaka

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS USED:
None

SETUP:
  • Map Size -
SPECIAL RULES:
Form a Glyph Pool out of the Glyph of Wannak (Wound) and Glyph of Proftaka (Pit Trap). Randomly place the two glyphs face down on the spaces indicated.

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Yodaking November 4th, 2014 10:35 PM

Re: The Book of Chernobyl

How does this look for the bio?

Bio: In 1986 a nuclear plant accident in the Ukraine force the people of Chernobyl to abandon their city, with the radioactive fall out ensuring no one would want to return. Father Time and Mother Nature then began the slow process of reclaiming this land. Seeds fell into sidewalk cracks as trees, bushes, and grass spread across the urban landscape. Buildings crumbled. The sewers' drainage system was eventually plugged and new pools of deep water formed through out the city. The city would not remain unoccupied forever though. The first to find refuge in Chernobyl were mutates already corrupted by radiation and thus now immune to further damage. Then came the secret research labs of AIM and Hydra, who found ways to shield themselves from harm. Soon other Supervillains found their way to the secluded streets of this abandoned city, hiding tech and other supplies among the ruins. As the city slowly grew more crowded it was only a matter of time before villain fought villain for the remaining scraps of premium turf. Soon heroes also ventured into Chernobyl in pursuit of their quarry. Now this once quiet city is filled with the sounds of battle more often than the general public could ever imagine.

Taeblewalker November 5th, 2014 12:22 AM

Sounds great! You ought to change "quite" to "quiet" though.

Yodaking November 5th, 2014 12:31 AM

Will do, thanks!

A3n November 5th, 2014 03:02 AM

:popcorn:

quozl November 5th, 2014 09:38 AM

Lookin' good!

Zettian Juggernaut November 5th, 2014 11:16 AM

I'll say what the others said, looks good.

Yodaking November 5th, 2014 01:31 PM

I'll add the bio to the FP then.

A3n November 5th, 2014 05:26 PM

I think the bio needs some trimming. Not for the size but for relevancy. Too much specifics isn't really required. We just need a little flavour. Something like:

Quote:

In 1986 a nuclear plant accident in the Ukraine force the people of Chernobyl to abandon their city, with the radioactive fall out ensuring no one would want to return. Father Time and Mother Nature then began the slow process of reclaiming this land. Seeds fell into sidewalk cracks as trees, bushes, and grass spread across the urban landscape. Buildings crumbled. The sewers' drainage system was eventually plugged and new pools of deep water formed through out the city. The city would not remain unoccupied forever though. The first to find refuge in Chernobyl were mutates already corrupted by radiation and thus now immune to further damage. Then came the secret research labs of AIM and Hydra, who found ways to shield themselves from harm. Soon other Supervillains found their way to the secluded streets of this abandoned city, hiding tech and other supplies among the ruins. As the city slowly grew more crowded it was only a matter of time before villain fought villain for the remaining scraps of premium turf. Soon heroes also ventured into Chernobyl in pursuit of their quarry. Now this once quiet city is filled with the sounds of battle more often than the general public could ever imagine.
Now days, it's the cacophony of battle that haunts the shadows and ghosts of this once quiet abandoned city.

Yodaking November 6th, 2014 01:00 AM

I can do that. I edited the bio above with a few small changes.

Now These days, it's the cacophony of battle that haunts the shadows and ghosts of this once quiet abandoned city.

johnny139 November 6th, 2014 01:07 AM

I'd like some sort of flourish in the name. I like the sound of "Chernobyl Caldera," which isn't technically accurate to what a caldera is (a huge crater formed after a volcanic eruption), but close enough and sounds good. :p But if not that some sort of additional language.

Overall map looks fine to me... wish I could build it! Just gonna have to wait on testing.

Yodaking November 6th, 2014 01:33 AM

Chernobyl Showdown
Chernobyl Shoot-out
Central Park Chernobyl
Chernobyl Catastrophe
Chernobyl Conundrum
Conflict Chernobyl