Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The passing of Jim McMcMahon (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58230)

Hahnarama November 13th, 2020 05:14 PM

The passing of Jim McMcMahon

It is with heavy heart that I need to announce that Jim passed away late yesterday afternoon after an extended illness. (Note I've been dreading typing these words for the last week)

Jimbo was the most giving and caring guy that I, or those who loved him, have ever know. He would literally give you the collectible promo shirt off his back :)

I'm devastated by his loss and future absence in my life but as one of his best friends said, "Be happy that we had him for the time that we did"

The World was a much better place by his presence and worse off for his absence.

Dad_Scaper November 13th, 2020 05:48 PM

Re: The passing of Jim McMcMahon

Those who have played tournaments at GenCon might remember Jim as a smaller middle-aged guy who would sometimes sit at the TD's table. He's been part of this community, both online and the real-person 'Scaping community, for a long, long time. Here he is, center (#14) in this gathering of the old guard:

He was a generous and kind soul, and one of the righteous few. He was one of the most gentle, giving people I have ever had the pleasure to know.

It's been a rough year. We think about mourning as turning a page, and that's what it is because time does not stop, but this page is a heavy one. I do not want to turn it. :(

skyknight November 13th, 2020 06:29 PM

:( :( :(. Yeah, this hits right in the feels. I already miss ya brother.

DarkSpade November 13th, 2020 06:33 PM

As sorry as I feel for those of us who knew him, I feel even more sorry for those who never got to meet him.

IAmBatman November 13th, 2020 07:33 PM

This year sucks. I miss you, Jim!

Jim was my partner-in-crime in my favorite April Fool's Day shenanigans ever. I dare you all to look it up if you're unfamiliar. Just a great, fun-loving guy. He'll be missed.

Taeblewalker November 13th, 2020 08:29 PM

RIP, Jim.:(

Dysole November 13th, 2020 08:35 PM

A Great Guy

I only briefly interacted with Jim in person at Gencon but between that and the forums, I have always enjoyed all of them. Sad that he is gone. Rest in peace.

~Dysole, somberly

Lazy Orang November 14th, 2020 04:24 AM

I honestly never knew the chap (I mostly just remember how freaked out I was when I finally clocked that his avatar moved...), but the few interactions I had with him he seemed like genuinely lovely man, and it was palpable how respected he was - and is - throughout the forums. He will be missed - take care on the other side, chap; if there's any justice in the world, there'll be 'Scape wherever you are now.

flameslayer93 November 14th, 2020 07:54 AM

Rest in peace Jim. You were an amazing part of heroscape(rs).

Lord Pyre November 14th, 2020 04:35 PM

Jim was a pillar of this community. He'll be missed.

Agent Minivann November 15th, 2020 11:14 AM

Jim was the man. I never got the chance to meet in person, but he has been a great influence on the community, and a wonderful human being. Like Rev, the world would be a better place if everyone was just a little more like him. He was like a grandpa who spoils his grand kids. He didn't have any, so he spoiled his friends.

Ninja Status November 15th, 2020 12:45 PM

So sad, I never met him but he was a strong voice of this community and helped me to become a more mature individual. Rest in peace good buddy