Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The Book of Iron Man (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=9715)

Firemaster July 8th, 2007 09:07 PM

The Book of Iron Man

The Book of Iron Man
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/...432E086DAE.jpg
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.
    The 'S' symbol in the lower left-hand corner of the card signifies this figure has Superstrength. A figure with Superstrength is immune to Falling and Major Falling; the figure is not immune to Extreme Falling however. A figure with Superstrength is also able to ignore any abilities a destructible object has that would give it automatic shields. (Firemaster)

- DOUBLE ATTACK : Attacking Different Figures
    How does Double Attack work for Iron Man? Does he have to attack the same opponent?
    No, not unless otherwise stated in the power. Once that figure attacks one opponent, you can choose any figure within range and attack again. The second figure can be the same figure you attacked the first time, or a different one.(Firemaster/Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
Marvel:
  • TBA
Classic:
  • TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
Marvel:
  • N/A
Classic:
  • N/A

dragonfire9788 July 8th, 2007 09:55 PM

(My :2cents: may change when I get the figure)

Iron Man- A bit boring special powers, but could be deadly on hiegth. A-

GForce3062 July 9th, 2007 02:18 PM

This guy looks like a potential beast! But his specials are boring! I wish they made a special for him about a ranged attack with his lasers he shoots out of his hand! That would be awesome! :twisted:

Eclipse July 9th, 2007 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GForce3062
This guy looks like a potential beast! But his specials are boring! I wish they made a special for him about a ranged attack with his lasers he shoots out of his hand! That would be awesome! :twisted:

He already has that. In fact, his special allows him to fire a laser out of EACH hand :P

jcb231 July 9th, 2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:

Originally Posted by GForce3062

He already has that. In fact, his special allows him to fire a laser out of EACH hand :P

Or out of his feet, if you prefer.

IAmBatman July 9th, 2007 04:43 PM

Or out of his ...

and I'll leave the rest of this comment to your imaginations. :D

Eclipse July 9th, 2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Or out of his ...

and I'll leave the rest of this comment to your imaginations. :D

They removed crotch targeting, that was only in the temp card from the glass case picture.

IAmBatman July 9th, 2007 04:46 PM

Just b/c he doesn't target from there doesn't mean he can't sho -

um, nevermind. :twisted:

Bazooka July 15th, 2007 03:16 PM

I wont comment on his point cost, Taelord knows how those religious debates go

Marvelscape introduces several characters with flying and ranged attack.
Draft them and be convinced why this is a powerful combination...Ironman gets to do it twice.
Like most Uniques you will not regret "Piling On" turn markers on this card

His weakness is a lack of special attack but I digress back into the point cost debate....

http://www.heroicfineart.com/catalog...leyIronMan.jpg

rdhight August 3rd, 2007 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazooka
His weakness is a lack of special attack but I digress back into the point cost debate....

That "weakness" can also be a strength. I won an all-heroes against all-villains game a couple of days ago; I leaped Hulk out in front for a temptation, then moved up Cap and Iron Man. Three enemies swarmed Hulk and started beating on him in melee, playing right into my hands. Cap would move and fire off all 3 attacks of 4, and then Iron Man would move adjacent to Cap and fire off 2 attacks of 5. It was a slaughter. But if Iron Man had been firing two special attacks, there would been no point to using Tactician. The ability to double-dip on height and Captain America's aura makes a double normal attack a worthy Marvel weapon.

IAmBatman August 3rd, 2007 11:37 AM

A special attack would've been nice just to give him a Sgt. Drake counter, though.

Eclipse August 3rd, 2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman
A special attack would've been nice just to give him a Sgt. Drake counter, though.

Yes, because the game's original range counter needs to be destroyed by every ranged figure in the game :P