Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   500 pt. Elf Army worth playing? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56778)

Bsoder52 March 31st, 2020 10:10 PM

500 pt. Elf Army worth playing?

So is there an Elf Army worth playing in Heroscape? If so I haven't got my head around it yet. :P

jcustar07 March 31st, 2020 11:51 PM

Re: 500 pt. Elf Army worth playing?

Not an expert...but the elf army is not competitive. I hate it.

However, it's a fun army to play! And this is a game!

For 500 pts I like: Acolarh, Arkmer, Ulginesh, Chardris, and Jorhdawn.

BUT if you can talk your opponent into playing 520 points then Kyntela Gwn makes it much better for only 20 pts.

I'm not very familiar with customs though. There might be some customs out there that would help.

kevindola April 1st, 2020 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bsoder52 (Post 2363878)
So is there an Elf Army worth playing in Heroscape? If so I haven't got my head around it yet. :P

When you say elf army, do you mean 100% elves, or majority of elves?

I believe your best elf wizard army at 500 has Emirroon, Ulginesh, Arkmer, Gwyn for 300. Then some combination of 2 out of: Chardris/Otonashi, Johrdawn, Morsbane. ( @vegietarian18 can probably speak to the best elf wizard build. I've seen him run it competitive quite often and with good success)

Although I think you have more success substituting Emirroon out for Raelin in a competitive environment.

I also have a preference for playing Warriors of Ashras x2 if you aren't using Raelin as one of the options to fill out the last 200 points.

If mixed armies are ok, I have a lot of fun with Aubrien Archers x4, Venoc Warlord, Roman Legion x2.

Taeblewalker April 1st, 2020 12:54 AM

I would include Emiroon in an Elf pod army.

vegietarian18 April 1st, 2020 08:37 AM

So the elf build that got me into elves was: Ulginesh, Arkmer, Jorhdawn, Chardris, Morsbane, Kyntela, Raelin for 590. No Emiroon. At the time I was pretty confident that Raelin was substantially better than Emiroon especially in elf pod armies. The thing about elf pods is you don't really want to go anywhere. Teleporting figures is useless if you aren't even going to move your Raelin. You just sit in your start zone and Rain Flame from 7 range.

The essential elf wizard core is Ulginesh, Arkmer, Jorhdawn, Chardris, Kyntela for 410. But you really need one more wizard (Morsbane or Emiroon) for it to be viable.

More recently I have started to appreciate Emiroon for the mobility and the 80 point wizard status. Telport can get other elves out of sticky situations. I still think the Raelin version is better but Emiroon isn't useless.

Warriors of Ashra I'm not a fan of but I don't have a lot of experience. The elf wizards are so order marker intensive that I just don't want to include another order marker location. I feel like Rats probably do what you want them to do way better anyways.

Acolarh is pretty bad for elf wizards. He basically does nothing.

Owlman April 1st, 2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bsoder52 (Post 2363878)

Oooh pick me, pick me!! *starts jumping up and down*

lol

I have one I've used to great effect:

Acolarh - 110
Sonlen - 160
Kyntela Gwyn - 20
Aubrien Archers x 3 - 210

Total = 500

My strategy is send Acolarh up first, then wave after wave of archers and hope you hit those Frenzy rolls. If you can grab height even better. (Move up Kyntela when you can). I prefer saving Sonlen to the end as clean up once your army has expired, but if you're facing a huge threat like Q9 or a Dragon then by all means run him up and start blasting people.

Owlman April 1st, 2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2363911)
I would include Emiroon in an Elf pod army.

Same here, if points allow. I love Emiroon, he can an amazing transporter, especially if you have several archer squads handy. I feel he's under appreciated.

kevindola April 1st, 2020 09:34 AM

Mildly off topic, but in 500+ games where you can include both Emirroon and Raelin for competitive tournament games, I have seen devastating application of the elf wizard 'slingshot' where you move Arkmer out 5 spaces for an attack of 4 or 5, then teleport him back in the same order marker so you maintain your pod of 7 defense elves. Your formation is never disturbed but you get a 10 range attack of 4+ each order marker.

This also works with Johrdawn with similar range for a splash attack since her range is 7, but she can't move quite as far away to keep the attack large.

lefton4ya April 1st, 2020 01:21 PM

From Tournament Army Advice Help: Elves
Quote:

Originally Posted by lefton4ya (Post 1209770)
I Highly suggest reading How to choose, and use, the Elven Army... elves always have difficulty with ranged squads but you can have Aubrien Archers instead of Warriors of Ashra and it would help if you know the metagame will be ranged squad heavy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1210194)
I don't really like them until you get up to 550, but I'd suggest:

Ulginesh - 150
Emirroon - 230
Arkmer - 280
Jorhdawn - 380
Raelin - 460
Kyntela Gwyn - 480
Deathreavers - 520, 11 hexes

I was going to go with the Izumi instead of KG/Rats, but I think you need KG since you don't have Chardris to add another wizard to boost Jorhdawn and Emirroon.

I think the biggest thing with EWiz is to be patient. Set up your pod somewhere nice and leave it there. Always have a couple of Elves next to Emirroon to boost his Summon roll, and use Arkmer to run out and snipe, then summon him back to the pod if they decide to turtle. The one squad of Rats can still be a decent screen when backed by Raelin (though I'd worry far more about keeping your Elves under Raelin's protection).

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Nilfy (Post 1210547)
Theracus is there for bigger maps carrying Emiroon to the height fast and then transporting everyone else. Raelin is needed against the Airborne Elite. They drop in with height advantage and kill Ulginesh first turn!! :cry: For the 120 point screen I could throw in 3 Reaver squads if I had them. The army has to set up quickly and hold its own.

Ulginesh 150
Emiroon 80
Jordawn 100
Arkmer 50
Kyntela Gwyn 20
3x Deathreavers 120