Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Dysole March 30th, 2021 12:15 PM

First Pass

My inclination is anywhere from 150-200 for that power set. It also really likes rats. If we wanna nerf it some either make it take an extra hex of movement or be a d20 roll.

~Dysole, who likes the powers though

SirGalahad March 30th, 2021 08:28 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Glad you like the powers.

Taeblewalker March 30th, 2021 10:21 PM

I don't know the source material but I really like The Hidden, and it sounds like the Sword of Power works as a once per round power.

Confred March 30th, 2021 11:19 PM

Good start, I'd like to keep watching to see how the show translates

Shiftrex March 31st, 2021 12:06 PM

I love terrain based powers and Fey things in general, I'll look a little more into the source matieral because I know little about this IP. Pretty offensive based melee stats for a sorceress, I'm guessing that is what the character is called in the show.

SirGalahad March 31st, 2021 04:43 PM

I wouldn't be opposed to dropping the Attack and Defense numbers down to 3.

Confred April 1st, 2021 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiftrex (Post 2457034)
I love terrain based powers and Fey things in general, I'll look a little more into the source matieral because I know little about this IP. Pretty offensive based melee stats for a sorceress, I'm guessing that is what the character is called in the show.

She easily cleaves people completely in two, taking out an entire squad in one round of combat.

Attack 5

JC McMinis April 1st, 2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiftrex (Post 2457034)
Pretty offensive based melee stats for a sorceress, I'm guessing that is what the character is called in the show.

Personally if I was making this character for D&D 5e, based on what he has for power set, she would be an oath of the ancients paladin with a splash of druid. But that is 5e. But if she is called a sorceress in the show so be it.

JC McMinis April 1st, 2021 11:38 PM

Here is the first draft of the card, I still have to do the gimp work for the hit zone.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/69...glvdwwswzg.jpg

Dysole April 1st, 2021 11:54 PM

Hmm

Just realized that it's possible to have a figure stop its movement in a place where it can't so maybe add an "if possible" to The Hidden (also you have a bracket in the power title)

As I think about it more that power REALLY hurts melee figures. If she is standing surrounded by 3 hexes of grass it takes melee figures a full ROUND to engage her assuming she doesn't move in which case it takes longer. I think we're much better off making it a Heavy Snow type effect like this.

THE HIDDEN
When an opponent's small or medium figure moves onto a grass or swamp space or adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece within 3 spaces of Nimue, that figure must count that hex as 2 spaces of movement. Instead of attacking with Nimue, you may roll the 20-sided die for each opponent's figure adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece. On a roll of 13 or higher the figure takes a wound.

That's still really good but doesn't just completely negate a melee army.

~Dysole, precautionary

Taeblewalker April 1st, 2021 11:56 PM

Looks good! Since she doesn't bond and is only a single figure activation, I would say her price should be around 100 or so (like Agent Carr and Syvarris).

Dysole April 2nd, 2021 12:53 AM

Much Better Than That

The Hidden is a very good power even with my nerf to it. Auto wounding is intense and the pieces she works well with are pretty common on maps. Self Healing is good. Whirlwind Attack of 5 is pretty good even if she takes a wound from it (she takes 2 but then heals one). As an aside, Confred said she does some impressive damage. If that's a regular thing than sure I can justify 5 attack, but if it's a special sword power than I think we can drop her down to 4 attack.

Anyway, my gut says somewhere in the 150-160 range but could go higher depending on what things look like and how she plays with rats.

~Dysole, bringing the pain