Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker September 24th, 2019 10:52 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Looks great; condenses things but in a good way. Good show!

Confred September 25th, 2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2316144)
Looks great; condenses things but in a good way. Good show!

Yes, the condensed version is growing on me.
Next is to playtest to pin down its Points. I arbitrarily lowered it by 40 to account for the removal of regen, but he may be even cheaper.

JC McMinis September 28th, 2019 12:25 AM

Apologies again, real life struck once more. I got a promotion at work and have pulled 66 hours per week the last 2 week's. Just got a new router though, hoping to catch up on the cards this weekend.

That being said I like the condensed version as well.

Confred October 7th, 2019 08:58 AM

I expect to playtest before Friday to confirm stats/wording.

I'm still not sold on Tricky Wit Defense - mainly because the name isn't a reference to the series.

Confred October 13th, 2019 05:27 PM

After playing a few practice games, JoJo holds up. His points are right due to his durability and ranged/special counter attack.

Disengage is deceptively strong with him. It allows him to dominate positioning.

He works well, I'm still not sold on the name "Tricky Wit Defense" but that's not stopping me from moving this to vote:

With my ThumbsUp, two more thumbs progress this card design to the books.
:thumbsup:

@CJtheMighty you're next.
@Barry allen you're on deck.

Taeblewalker October 13th, 2019 08:59 PM

Yea

JC McMinis October 13th, 2019 11:49 PM

What about just Tricky Defense

Confred October 14th, 2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2323519)
What about just Tricky Defense

My design philosophy: The more complicated the power, the more unique it should be.

Tricky Defense should be reserved for a more vanilla power.

Tricky Wit Defense has a good enough ring, but preference would be a show reference, a phrase.

Sleight Of Hand Genius, etc

Also, to be the stickler, thumbs must be emojis

CJofCourse October 15th, 2019 07:29 PM

I believe I stepped awa...know what, I'm back. I'll get to thinking on it.

I also propose a slight change to Tricky Wit Defense, whatever it's name ends up becoming.

"Reveal the next Order Marker on the Army Card of the attacking figure" -> "Reveal an/all Order Marker/s on the Army Card of the attacking figure" As thematic as "next" is, it isn't seen in classic scape iirc, being that players aren't required to order their order markers. It's been a while since I read the rules, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Confred October 16th, 2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2324127)
I believe I stepped awa...know what, I'm back. I'll get to thinking on it.

I also propose a slight change to Tricky Wit Defense, whatever it's name ends up becoming.

"Reveal the next Order Marker on the Army Card of the attacking figure" -> "Reveal an/all Order Marker/s on the Army Card of the attacking figure" As thematic as "next" is, it isn't seen in classic scape iirc, being that players aren't required to order their order markers. It's been a while since I read the rules, please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's indeed not in classic 'scape yet. It's a bend of AotP wording, but also a reference to the source material of this figure, so maaybe it gets a pass?
Edit: found a way?

• A player of your choice reveals their lowest numbered unrevealed order marker.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ing_889747.jpg

Knox October 17th, 2019 02:20 PM

This thread is absurdly long. Any list of finished figures/ cards? I grew up as a reader - anything from Eragon, Ranger's Apprentice, LOTR? That'd be dope

Confred October 17th, 2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knox (Post 2324884)
This thread is absurdly long. Any list of finished figures/ cards? I grew up as a reader - anything from Eragon, Ranger's Apprentice, LOTR? That'd be dope

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54243

And feel free to join the discussion

And and, if you want, I could add you to the designers rotation.