Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

TREX February 19th, 2016 01:13 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Well, lets clean up the wording, set a point cost and ultimately it is up to Dysole at what his class is. Inventor, Scientist, doesn't matter as they don't have any synergy with other units classified as either of those in classic and vc, frankly I thought that was already discussed ages ago and we were just finishing up some play tests to get a valid point cost to finish Dr. Doof up. Once this guy is done, I think we should move on to Taeblewalker and throw up a vote to induct Barry Allen into the fold.

JC McMinis February 19th, 2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2074616)
Well, lets clean up the wording, set a point cost and ultimately it is up to Dysole at what his class is. Inventor, Scientist, doesn't matter as they don't have any synergy with other units classified as either of those in classic and vc, frankly I thought that was already discussed ages ago and we were just finishing up some play tests to get a valid point cost to finish Dr. Doof up. Once this guy is done, I think we should move on to Taeblewalker and throw up a vote to induct Barry Allen into the fold.

Agreed.

CJofCourse February 19th, 2016 10:10 PM

Hello members of HOF, I have been thinking about this for a while and I am wondering if I might be allowed the honor of chiming in to this project and helping out with playtesting, theoryscaping, design, and the like. In the words of (almost) member Barry Allen "count me in!".

TREX February 19th, 2016 11:24 PM

@CJtheMighty , I don't speak for the entire HOF team. If you read the first post to get a feel for how this project is: the design rotation, rules, etc. Don't mind other peoples input on designs, and can stick with the designs to the finish, help with play testing the current units, I wouldn't see any reason not to have new members. After we finish up our latest character, we shall vote on bringing in new members. New blood in the project usually doesn't hurt.:)

CJofCourse February 19th, 2016 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2074719)
@CJtheMighty , I don't speak for the entire HOF team. If you read the first post to get a feel for how this project is: the design rotation, rules, etc. Don't mind other peoples input on designs, and can stick with the designs to the finish, help with play testing the current units, I wouldn't see any reason not to have new members. After we finish up our latest character, we shall vote on bringing in new members. New blood in the project usually doesn't hurt.:)

I have already read the first post over multiple times, I am willing to help out in any way I can. The only thing I can't help with is making cards. Thanks for replying and showing support.

Also, Doofen looks good but he should be inventor due to the fact that all he ever does is invent and doesn't fit the technical definition of scientist.

Definition:
https://www.google.com/search?q=scie..._AUIBigA&dpr=1

JC McMinis February 20th, 2016 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2074725)
I have already read the first post over multiple times, I am willing to help out in any way I can. The only thing I can't help with is making cards. Thanks for replying and showing support.

Also, Doofen looks good but he should be inventor due to the fact that all he ever does is invent and doesn't fit the technical definition of scientist.

Definition:
https://www.google.com/search?q=scie..._AUIBigA&dpr=1

As @TREX said above I have no problem with new members either. As far as making cards goes that is my duty.

Dysole February 20th, 2016 12:18 PM

Chime In

Okay, SOOOOOOOO...

First off, Doofenshmirtz is as much a scientist as Perry is an agent. Neither really fits the term but it's what they use on the show. (Although admittedly I am tempted to give Doof the class of Pharmacist)

Usually when there's a Move X spaces it's the figures normal move (Nakita Gorillinator Movement Bonding is 7 spaces and Blastatrons Gladiatron Movement Bonding is 5 spaces). Since 5 is basically the game's "average" move, 5 spaces feels like it fits better to me.

If we're going for decoy I'm going to say that +1 to init rolls is not really a great incentive to attack him. The ideal thing to do is sit him in the back of your start zone, get the passive bonus and wait until the nemesis is destroyed or there's almost no figures left. With a greater incentive to either take turns with Doof or a better bonus that he gives you will make him a greater target.

~Dysole, strategically

CJofCourse February 20th, 2016 01:23 PM

Re: Chime In

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2074786)
Okay, SOOOOOOOO...

First off, Doofenshmirtz is as much a scientist as Perry is an agent. Neither really fits the term but it's what they use on the show. (Although admittedly I am tempted to give Doof the class of Pharmacist).

Usually when there's a Move X spaces it's the figures normal move (Nakita Gorillinator Movement Bonding is 7 spaces and Blastatrons Gladiatron Movement Bonding is 5 spaces). Since 5 is basically the game's "average" move, 5 spaces feels like it fits better to me.

If we're going for decoy I'm going to say that +1 to init rolls is not really a great incentive to attack him. The ideal thing to do is sit him in the back of your start zone, get the passive bonus and wait until the nemesis is destroyed or there's almost no figures left. With a greater incentive to either take turns with Doof or a better bonus that he gives you will make him a greater target.

~Dysole, strategically

If you want to go for what they say in the show, then scientist it is.

5 spaces gives you options and you will want to choose strategically ("Do I go for a slow character because they won't be able to come to me as quickly or do I make the nemesis a fast character because it won't matter"), normal move allows you to choose a slow character as your nemesis, which gives them a short boost every now and then. Ultimately it is your decision.

We could bump up the initiative bonus to +4 or +5, possibly even higher, to give a higher incentive to knock him out.

McHotcakes February 22nd, 2016 10:15 AM

Could we rephrase the Nemesis Motivation to say

Quote:

Before taking a turn with Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis may immediately move using its normal move
Or something to that effect? It would make more sense to me to just have the Nemesis move how it ordinarily would instead of making it move a specific number.

However, if we are going to make the move a specific value I would recommend 4. 4 is the lowest base move in the game so anyone should be able to move that value. Thematically speaking, I would rather have a figure with a move of 5 move 4 spaces than a figure with a move of 4 move 5 spaces. :shrug:

If we are still deciding on his class my vote is for scientist.

EDIT Also post numer #3333!

Confred February 22nd, 2016 11:04 AM

The reason why I suggested Scientist vs Inventor is that Doof self-identifies as an evil scientist and calls his inventions science. "Evil Scientist" is a part of the joke, but is relevant because it is a different thing from a Scientist, a subclass if you will akin to Wizard vs Archmage.

I've been watching back to back episodes and he's never called an inventor.

Confred February 22nd, 2016 11:20 AM

Re: Chime In

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2074786)
Okay, SOOOOOOOO...

~Dysole, strategically

Good points. We don't want him sitting back, especially until his Nemesis is destroyed.

1) Give bonus only if he has OM1
2) Nemesis gets free move before any of your turns as long as Doof is on 'field. - Yeah, I like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by (v1.2)
NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. While the Nemesis is on the battlefield,
* Add 1 to your initiative rolls.
* After you reveal an order marker and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by (v1.2.2)
NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. While Dr. Doofenshmirtz and the Nemesis are on the same battlefield,
* Add 1 to your initiative rolls.
* After you reveal an order marker and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may move.

Barry allen February 23rd, 2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2075034)
The reason why I suggested Scientist vs Inventor is that Doof self-identifies as an evil scientist and calls his inventions science. "Evil Scientist" is a part of the joke, but is relevant because it is a different thing from a Scientist, a subclass if you will akin to Wizard vs Archmage.

I've been watching back to back episodes and he's never called an inventor.

That is true and that makes sense.