Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   TV (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TV: What Are You Watching? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27342)

chas April 4th, 2014 07:53 AM

Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Dr Who On Demand: It was great to be able to see a discussion of what each actor brought to the role, and then a sample episode of each too, as I'd never seen more than half of them up till now. The anniversary episode with John Hurt as a doctor was great. So was the "documentary" reenactment of how the show was originally created and shot.

I have a pal from England staying over for a few days. We went to Forbidden Planet and I got some more of those wonderful Lego type Daleks, which I'd only found at a Convention previously, including a new color for me: orange. I use them for Superhero Scape. Exterminate!

Hahma April 15th, 2014 11:27 PM

Watched the season premier of Mad Men tonight. Love that show.

I also watched the Pilot episode of Turn that I had recorded. Awesome show.

chas April 16th, 2014 06:38 AM

Watching the two newest Justice League animations on DVD. Bruce Timm seems to be out of the business, but his associate Sam Register is producing, with Andrea Romano on board for casting and voice direction as well. They are 'War' (2013) and 'The Flashpoint Paradox,' (2014) based on graphic novels by Geoff Johns and others.

Hahma April 20th, 2014 11:31 PM

Watched episode 2 of Turn the other day and episode 3 tonight. Awesome show!

Yodaking April 20th, 2014 11:36 PM

Loved the end of GoT tonight.

chas April 22nd, 2014 02:48 PM

8) Fans of this thread may recall that only hours before the first episode of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD premiered, I said I was mainly tuning in to find out the most important mystery of all...did Phil Coulson ever get his Captain America trading cards back? Phil in fact revealed in that first episode that he did not.

Now note tonight's program description:

NEW. "The Only Light In The Darkness" As the world is turned upside down, Coulson tries to save his one true love; the mystery of The Cellist is revealed.

Will Phil and his cards be reunited at last!?! Let's hope so.

William099 April 23rd, 2014 11:50 AM

Started watching a show called Revolution on Netflix. All the power in the world goes out in a single cataclysmic event. Its off to a good start so far!

Hahma April 23rd, 2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 1930918)
Started watching a show called Revolution on Netflix. All the power in the world goes out in a single cataclysmic event. Its off to a good start so far!

The wife and I have enjoyed that show since it first came on. :)

boromir96 April 23rd, 2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1930923)
Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 1930918)

The wife and I have enjoyed that show since it first came on. :)

Yup, very good! Starts again in a week... :D

Hahma April 27th, 2014 11:06 PM

Watched Turn tonight. Continues to be an awesome show on AMC.

Hahma April 30th, 2014 10:00 PM

The Blacklist
Grimm
Chicago Fire
Agents of Shield
Mad Men
Chicago PD

chas May 1st, 2014 06:26 AM

:lol: All the old seasons of Archer, the animated spy spoof. Its a guilty pleasure. I just saw an episode with Anthony Bourdain as a chef. There's also one which crossed over to Bob's Burgers, another show in which the lead voice actor does the main character. I'm not crazy about BB, but the Archer episode was clever.

Vikings Season Two. This continues to be the best thing ever made on the Viking Age. I usually get people to watch it by mentioning that the hero is the same role Ernest Borgnine played in the old beloved Kirk Douglas flic!