Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Marvel Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Players who got hooked through Marvelscape. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=19931)

Gunnbjorn January 11th, 2010 04:57 PM

Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

Heroscape caught my attention back in 2007, and I picked up Marvel Heroscape for $13 at Toys R' Us. Tried it that night with my fiance, and I was like, "We have to go back and buy like, four more!" We did, and after a few months, I had forgotten about it when I started playing tons of other games.

I recently came back to Heroscape when coming to terms with the fact that I play way too many games and that I should pick four core minis games to play, 'Scape being one of them.

I'll never forget though, how it caught my attention; I was walking by and saw the clearance sticker and the Marvel logo, and said, "Hm. Buying that."

I am, and probably will always be, a compulsive shopper. :)

Heroscape really is a wonderful game, and I can't believe I had forgotten about it; I'm glad I found my way back into the 'Scape madness, though. I sure am hooked, and already have tons of Master Sets and Boosters.

Sherman Davies January 11th, 2010 09:14 PM

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the list!

With all the stories about people who were drawn in by Marvel sets on clearance, maybe we can start thinking of Marvelscape as a financial success, if only as a loss leader for Heroscape in general. :)

Wolvie January 14th, 2010 07:13 PM

add me to list of people who got hooked by the Marvel game, though so far thats the only game have actually:) LOOOOVE IT!

Sherman Davies January 14th, 2010 10:42 PM

Welcome aboard, Wolvie! I know it may be difficult getting Heroscape in Denmark, but if you can, pick up the regular game too. As we like to say around here, any Heroscape is good Heroscape.

Super Bogue February 21st, 2010 01:06 AM

Marvelscape was the first Heroscape that I bought, but I wouldn't say that it was what hooked me. I found it at my local Toys R Us after Christmas last year. They had it clearance to $20 bucks. Right next to it they had the Swarm of Marro master set for the same price. My original intention was to buy the Marvel set, and then if the game was good to come back and get the other one. But when I did come back all they had left was some wave 5 expansions for $8 bucks. I got the Glads & Nakitas and the Warriors & Rats. Then I did some more research on the game. That's when my eyes were opened to the possiblities of Heroscapes.

Sherman Davies February 21st, 2010 01:11 AM

Sounds close enough for me - Marvelscape got you to return to Toys R Us for more 'Scape, didn't it? :)

belgarath August 15th, 2011 01:43 PM

I know this is an old thread but I'll go ahead and chime in. I played over at a friend's house with some other people on a massive board that was made from 3 RotV sets and some other stuff. So that was my first experience with the game but my friend gave me a Marvel set and that really got my family going in scape. The next thing I bought was a RotV that was on clearance at Wal Mart and it has been a steady obsession to obtain as much scape as I can ever since.

Sheep August 15th, 2011 06:06 PM

You could add me to that list! I first played when my cousin's had the Marvel AND Rotv! But my first set was the Marvel becuase my Aunt and Uncle went shoping seperatly for Christmas for my cousin's and both got the Marvel set. So the last day we were there they gave the extra set to me!

Sherman Davies August 15th, 2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgarath (Post 1461640)
I know this is an old thread but I'll go ahead and chime in.

No worries, I never get tired of adding to this list. Welcome aboard, belgarath and heroscaper2010!

vikinglad September 1st, 2011 03:03 PM

Please add me to your list. Marvelscape was my first Heroscape experience. I had been intrigued by the cool Heroscape minis for a couple of years, and as a former fan of HeroQuest (which I also still play now and then), I really wanted to give it a shot. I asked for "Heroscape" in generic for Christmas last year, not knowing that the 'Scape universe had recently been discontinued. The only set anyone could find locally was Marvel, so that is what I got. A bit disappointed because I wanted ROTV pretty bad, I tried it with my wife anyway, and we were immediately hooked. The first scenario we did was the one where everyone is trying to kill Hulk, and their glyph gets smacked away whenever they get hit. It was sooooo fun that I spent the next six months hording everything Heroscape I could get my hands on. I have a pretty big set now, but I owe it all to my first Marvelscape experience. :)

Sherman Davies September 1st, 2011 11:54 PM

Welcome, vikinglad! Sorry you found the game late, but better that than not at all, right? For more Marvelscape fun, you should check out the C3G custom project. They've done a ton of well-tested units already and put out new sets all the time.

lwayman September 8th, 2011 12:52 PM

I first started playing the game Heroclix back in 2002, but didn't like the constantly changing mechanics of the game. I bought the ROTV master set with the promo elite onyx vipers on clearance at Wal-mart ($15) to play Heroclix on. But, I didn't play the game until the marvel set came out and that is what lured me in (Superheroes and villains with other figures instead of pogs).

After reading the Heroscape game mechanics I bought the Marvel set and me and my daughter played the game and instantly fell in love with it. I then ordered a ton of stuff from Hasbro's online Toy Shop and from Toys are us.com. My daughter and I are so into this game that we have collected most of the figures (all but Master Woo and we sold our Heroclix pieces and still haven't spent all the monies we spent on Heroclix, I like knowing what I am buying) and play at home nearly every week as well as at a friends house (2 guys from my work started playing) and at our local comic shop one Saturday a month.

We are still hoping to see the revival of the game soon, and we so want more super heroes/villains, as well as more classic scape. But my all time favorite team includes Captain America, the Airborne Elite, and the Micro Corp Agents (They are my Navy Seals). Still hoping and praying for the Marvel Reinforcements to Arrive. :praying:

Make Mine marvelscape!