Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Marvel Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Players who got hooked through Marvelscape. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=19931)

Sherman Davies January 24th, 2012 10:16 PM

Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

Lwayman, I love how it seems your tourney armies were built with theme in mind first and winning second. I think it says a lot about Heroscape tournies and our community in general.

lwayman February 14th, 2012 05:47 PM

Thanks! Sherman_Davies, themes is the way I think, no theme and no back story and my teams really have no synergy and are fairly lame and sort of well suck. My latest team was: Spider-Man, The Isumi Samurai, and Guilty McCreech for a 250 point total. I took the bronze this time (3rd place) with 4 wins and 2 losses.

It would seem that Spidey and the two-gun-kid had to help out more of those villagers that Captain America and Iron Man had been assisting the last couple of months. Who could be behind all of these attacks and what could be their sinister purpose. All I can say is Avengers Assemble!

I discovered that Spidey plays very well in the forest, the jungle, and the dungeon, but not so well on the lava boards, especially aginst vampires, I think Cyprien and Iskra Esenwein must be somehow connected with Marvel's Baron Blood, or perhaps they are closer to Michael Morbius, now those would be some sweet figures to play, but I can imagine them this way.

Tornado June 11th, 2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwayman (Post 1560355)
Thanks! Sherman_Davies, themes is the way I think, no theme and no back story and my teams really have no synergy and are fairly lame and sort of well suck. My latest team was: Spider-Man, The Isumi Samurai, and Guilty McCreech for a 250 point total. I took the bronze this time (3rd place) with 4 wins and 2 losses.

It would seem that Spidey and the two-gun-kid had to help out more of those villagers that Captain America and Iron Man had been assisting the last couple of months. Who could be behind all of these attacks and what could be their sinister purpose. All I can say is Avengers Assemble!

I discovered that Spidey plays very well in the forest, the jungle, and the dungeon, but not so well on the lava boards, especially aginst vampires, I think Cyprien and Iskra Esenwein must be somehow connected with Marvel's Baron Blood, or perhaps they are closer to Michael Morbius, now those would be some sweet figures to play, but I can imagine them this way.

Morbius is close to a Public Design for C3G. Check them out sometime.

Name653 July 18th, 2012 11:10 PM

When I was 9 or so, I really wanted Marvelscape after seeing it in Wal-Mart (or wherever) and on commercials. Now finally, at age 15, my dad just up and bought it for me and my little brothers earlier this year. We were overjoyed to say the least. Sign me up!

Sherman Davies July 19th, 2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Name653 (Post 1644314)
Sign me up!

Gladly, Name653. Welcome to the game!

Name653 July 19th, 2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherman Davies (Post 1644453)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Name653 (Post 1644314)
Sign me up!

Gladly, Name653. Welcome to the game!

Thanks! :D

Strange_Love October 6th, 2012 01:45 AM

My better half and I got hooked on Heroscape via MarvelScape at our local game shop. He is a big time Marvel fan and immediately fell in love

ibechief October 6th, 2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange_Love (Post 1688747)
My better half and I got hooked on Heroscape via MarvelScape at our local game shop. He is a big time Marvel fan and immediately fell in love

Yep you can add me to the list as well. I had passed Heroscape up 100+ times in toysRus, target, walmart, hell even at grocery stores in the toy isle. I never saw a point in random fantasy themes all playing on some tiny field of hexes. Then just two months ago I played a game of Marvel Scape and I realized the "true" potential for this game :)

Build the most amazing custom maps you can, build your own custom units... and enjoy a childhood hobby in adult game form. SuperHeroScape all the way.

Sherman Davies October 6th, 2012 09:54 AM

Thanks for signing up, you two! I guess I should've known you belonged on this list by looking at your avatars. :)

I believe you're the first couple on this list, and it's great to see that you're Site Supporters too. Welcome to the site!

lwayman November 8th, 2012 07:02 PM

Well Just to give an updated MHS report to you Sherman Davies and friends: We played 9 games on NHSD and we had to sport 3 teams of 350 points factioned, mine were:

Captain America & 2 aquads of Samurai archers (played and won 2 games)

Venom and 3 squads of Mezzodemon Warmongers (played 5 games and lost only 1)

Ironman and 1 squad of Micro Corps Agents and Isamu (played and won 2 games)

Again the theme of building my teams around at least one Marvel figure payed off. I took second and had the same win loss ratio as the winner. Again I had a whole scenario back stoy in my mind only this time I played venom as a hero instead of as a villain as I usually think of him See cap had to seperate the resources into three teams to tackle all the fronts facing our heroes. Call it a stretch or what have you but it really really works for me.

Unhinged Manchild November 14th, 2012 10:46 PM

I fell in love with HS through Marvelscape. Well, it was the first master set I bought, anyway. Sad thing is that when I found out about the rest of HS, I started liking Marvelscape less and less, and the classic units more and more. Plus, any time I try to bring them to the table, people complain that they are overpowered (but I don't believe that!)

ibechief November 14th, 2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonwiker (Post 1713234)
I fell in love with HS through Marvelscape. Well, it was the first master set I bought, anyway. Sad thing is that when I found out about the rest of HS, I started liking Marvelscape less and less, and the classic units more and more. Plus, any time I try to bring them to the table, people complain that they are overpowered (but I don't believe that!)

you should give C3G a look then!