Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Table VS. Floor ... only one shall prevail (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=2819)

loseaturn September 18th, 2006 10:41 AM

Table VS. Floor ... only one shall prevail

Do you generally play on a table or on the floor? Does one have merit over the other? I generally play on the floor due to the fact that the only table I have is a foldout card table. I have built on tables as well as a pool table which is nice. (comes with free pocket pop holders!) But overall I prefer the casual and comfortable atmosphere of a game on the floor. more room!

netherspirit September 18th, 2006 10:43 AM

Table. Playing on the floor sucks!

HokshilaTo September 18th, 2006 11:03 AM

Table, I have kids...

kenjib September 18th, 2006 11:03 AM

I've got 4 kids age 5 and under and a pug that chews on stuff. As a result I have a "no heroscape stuff on the floor" rule to prevent things from getting masticated, stepped on, kicked, smashed, eviscerated, worried, gnawed, crushed, lost, sent down the heater vent, or otherwise destroyed. I play with it on the table. The kids play with it on the guest room/office bed.

EDIT: Oops - I do play on the floor also but only after bedtime.

spleek September 18th, 2006 11:33 AM

We use a low table for the map, armies & dice rolling but have the army cards on the floor. Dice rolls do not count unless they are flat and stay on the table.

markwars September 18th, 2006 12:35 PM

My son and I play 90% of our games on the floor. I use tables when I play other adults though.

Revdyer September 18th, 2006 12:35 PM

I'm old. I can play on the floor, but I have to wait until help arrives to get up again.

edit: I can buy a lot of tables for the cost of a trip to the back doctor.

truth September 18th, 2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revdyer
I'm old. I can play on the floor, but I have to wait until help arrives to get up again.

edit: I can buy a lot of tables for the cost of a trip to the back doctor.

I'm young, but I too prefer not to have a sore back.

Dragonslayer September 18th, 2006 12:51 PM

Table. I've built a map in the fridge once but it turned out too cold to play (and Tundra wasn't released back then, so it wasn't fitting, sort of).

Revdyer September 18th, 2006 12:52 PM

I agree, truth. It really is embarassing, though, to have the grandkids say, "Papa just took down Nelfheim...call 911!"

netherspirit September 18th, 2006 12:53 PM

I'm young AND have a bad back (thanks to work :P) and sometimes playing on a table sucks too. All the leaning over to build the map...ugh...

Revdyer September 18th, 2006 01:02 PM

Yes, nether...there are times when even on a table I sit in a chair and scoot to build maps. Thankfully, we have nice Spanish tile floors.