Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Interview questions for how C3V and SoV work in sanctum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56168)

quozl September 25th, 2019 02:16 PM

Interview questions for how C3V and SoV work in sanctum

Hi everyone,

I'm the current director of the Heroscape Codex "magazine" which posts articles periodically in the Blogs section here. Dad_Scaper has volunteered to be interviewed for how things work behind the scenes for C3V (and SoV).

If you have any questions that you'd love to know the answer to, please post them here and I will try to work them all into the upcoming interview.

Thank you!

SuperSamyon September 25th, 2019 04:48 PM

Re: Interview questions for how C3V and SoV work in sanctum

Another great idea!

When do you need these by? With all the excitement on these boards lately, I need a few days of rest before I can switch gears.

quozl September 25th, 2019 04:49 PM

No deadline yet. At least a week.

lefton4ya September 25th, 2019 05:03 PM

As precipitated by recent discussion in the SOV/C3V Feedback Thread I would like to ask:
Quote:

What happens when a design is started by a sanctum member and then that person leaves the sanctum? Is the design abandoned, transferred to another person, or its ideas integrated to another design.
Quote:

How much playtesting goes on during the design process while still in the inner sanctum, before a design it is more widely available.
I am guessing the answer to both those questions has changed a lot recently (even in the last year) with a few key people leaving and more need than ever to have playtesters.

Dad_Scaper September 25th, 2019 11:27 PM

I’m happy to talk about how things are and how they used to be. I’ll be an open book; don’t be shy. I was an origin judge in the SoV and an original member of the C3V. I’ve been active the entire time. “AMA.”

Heroscaper Guy September 26th, 2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 2316803)
I’m happy to talk about how things are and how they used to be. I’ll be an open book; don’t be shy. I was an origin judge in the SoV and an original member of the C3V. I’ve been active the entire time. “AMA.”

Here's a question, at what point did someone do something and you're like I'm stuck working with these psychopaths? In all seriousness, here's a question I would ask people in general, what's your favorite design/s(if more than one), either to work on and design, or to play with? And if you can tell (such as if it's been released), why is that your favorite/s release/s?

Dad_Scaper September 26th, 2019 07:27 AM

I’ll answer that and more when Q is ready. :)

Zetsubo September 26th, 2019 09:46 AM

How do C3V design's start? Do y'all always start with a figure, or do some designs start as a concept or interesting power and then find a figure to match?

Scytale September 26th, 2019 11:07 AM

Idea for an article series: I start a unit in Brainstorming and work it through the C3V process. Each time the unit moves out of a phase of the process I write an article about what the unit went through during that phase. Gerald's Journey (or whatever the unit's name is). It may give some insight into how C3V works, and gives the readers something to latch onto. I would need to be more open about the details of the unit than C3V secrecy normally allows, though.

quozl September 26th, 2019 11:34 AM

That sounds great to me but yeah, we'll need permission from C3V as a whole.

wriggz September 26th, 2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scytale (Post 2316939)
Idea for an article series: I start a unit in Brainstorming and work it through the C3V process. Each time the unit moves out of a phase of the process I write an article about what the unit went through during that phase. Gerald's Journey (or whatever the unit's name is). It may give some insight into how C3V works, and gives the readers something to latch onto. I would need to be more open about the details of the unit than C3V secrecy normally allows, though.

I always thought It would be super interesting to post a summary of a Unit's journey.

I was staggered by how much each unit generated.

flameslayer93 October 1st, 2019 11:28 PM

Here’s a question:

Do you think that the VC would have evolved differently if the posts themselves were public, even if the public could not participate in them (think of locking threads so only VC members may post in them). If so, how?

Another question too :) :

Have you considered the possibilities of adding new game mechanics, even simpler ones like someone transforming into a werewolf? I’ve noticed that you guys have tried using some of the less used mechanics a bit more relatively lately (lobbing rules, fireline rules, and spirits); although the last time the C3V tried a new mechanic it became an apparent rules nightmare (Omegacron).