Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C3G Books of Index (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28457)

skyknight January 26th, 2010 09:37 AM

Re: The C3G Release Party! - It's On! :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomvasel (Post 996924)
I'd love to get some of these, but being in Korea makes things a bit more complicated, not to mention I'm terrible with knife and models.

However, if someone is willing to make them for me, I'll trade good quality board games - anything you want, really - just shoot me an email at tomvasel@gmail.com

Ha, you even got Tom to comment, very cool.

whitestuff January 26th, 2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyknight (Post 996963)
Quote:

I'd love to get some of these, but being in Korea makes things a bit more complicated, not to mention I'm terrible with knife and models.

However, if someone is willing to make them for me, I'll trade good quality board games - anything you want, really - just shoot me an email at tomvasel@gmail.com

Whoa! That is very cool.

I'm glad to have been a part of the process. It was freakin' hard work fun.

:D

IAmBatman January 26th, 2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyknight (Post 996963)
Quote:

You know, my eyes scanned right past that name and I didn't even realize who that was at first! :shock:
I'll talk to Griffin, Tom, I'm sure we can get a nice set out your way.

nyys January 26th, 2010 11:14 AM

Holy absolute insanity! I've been keeping a very peripheral eye on this project. Really just knowing of its existance, but not reading much.

Wow... that's all I can really say... just WOW... and there's more coming?!?!?!? :thumbsup:

I still won't be mixing super heroes with classic, but now I have a reason to pull out my Marvel set. This is going to be great, and my son is going to lose it completely.

Oh, and I hate you all as well... *nyys slogs off to find all these super hero minis and prepares for the fight with the check book that will ensue*

+rep coming to all involved (hopefully I won't miss anyone).

IAmBatman January 26th, 2010 11:17 AM

As much as one of our goals with this project was to keep it fully compatible with Valhalla Heroscape (quiet, Sky!), another of our goals is to allow SuperHeroscape to have enough units to be a stand alone set apart from Valhalla Heroscape.
Honestly the biggest reason I've been in favor of mixing Marvel and Classic for so long is there's just not enough Marvel to sustain it played alone. With this project, we're trying to change this.
Heck, if you're willing to accept these units on your table, you've already more than doubled your drafting pool for SuperHeroscape (not to mention added two squads to an otherwise hero rich environment).
And yeah, like you said, there's more on the way. :-)

Porkins January 26th, 2010 11:25 AM

I just wanted to let everybody know, I put in an order late last night with Troll and Toad. I ordered many Heroclix singles as well as an MS3 and some other board games. Most of the clix figures were only $.49 each. I also used coupon code FACEBOOK and got a 5% discount.

After placing the order last night, I realized that the C3G Team is working on a Mutants release. So I called this morning to add those Mutant figures to my order. Troll and Toad told me I couldn't add to that order because it has already been packed and shipped!

This is my first time ordering from Troll and Toad and I'm impressed. :thumbsup:

nyys January 26th, 2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Honestly the biggest reason I've been in favor of mixing Marvel and Classic for so long is there's just not enough Marvel to sustain it played alone. With this project, we're trying to change this.

You definitely have for me. What you described is pretty much what has held me back from using the Marvel set, not enough choices (when you consider I won't mix with classic).

Time to go necro the BoM thread!

IAmBatman January 26th, 2010 11:30 AM

More competitive maps for Marvel would be great (and make those Street Thugs a force to be reckoned with!).

GreyOwl January 26th, 2010 02:42 PM

I know this was a group effort and everyone involved worked very hard, but I think an extra special thank you needs to go out to our fearless leader, IAmBatman. Not only did he conceive this project, but kept us all focused and motivated to the end.

IAmBatman January 26th, 2010 02:53 PM

:oops:

Eclipse January 26th, 2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 997010)
I just wanted to let everybody know, I put in an order late last night with Troll and Toad. I ordered many Heroclix singles as well as an MS3 and some other board games. Most of the clix figures were only $.49 each. I also used coupon code FACEBOOK and got a 5% discount.

After placing the order last night, I realized that the C3G Team is working on a Mutants release. So I called this morning to add those Mutant figures to my order. Troll and Toad told me I couldn't add to that order because it has already been packed and shipped!

This is my first time ordering from Troll and Toad and I'm impressed. :thumbsup:

I've used them for a while for various things and they really do a good job. You have to be a little careful when ordering figure singles with the option to ship if something is out of stock, particularly with Heroclix. When I ordered my first batch I put down a Hal Jordan figure I wanted, but it turns out the inventory wasn't up to date so it didn't ship. Had I not checked the "ship partial order" box or whatever, I could have easily swapped in another version of the same figure (Veteran or whatever) but instead I had to place another order entirely.

That's certainly not Troll and Toad's fault though, I just thought I'd mention it as a word of caution. I've had a lot of luck, ordering about 70 of my planned 100 in 3 different orders and only having a couple problems (again, more due to the Heroclix figures themselves then anything). Definitely recommend the site for this project.

Also, be sure to use a clamp or something to hold the figure in place while you remove them from their base. I sorta figured this out after a trip to the ER...

IAmBatman January 26th, 2010 03:10 PM

I heard about that one! Watch those fingers, folks!