Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C3G Books of Index (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28457)

Hahma January 25th, 2010 12:57 PM

Re: The C3G Release Party! - It's On! :-D

It's pretty exciting Balantai, isn't it? I just can't wait to read some battle reports and hear about some people's experiences with this set. Great to work with you and everyone on this epic adventure. :D

Velenne January 25th, 2010 01:05 PM

I just read up on Knockback Damage. Wow. You guys have created a gem. I'm gonna hit up my FLGS soon to see what I can snag on the cheap.

Hahma January 25th, 2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velenne (Post 996354)
I just read up on Knockback Damage. Wow. You guys have created a gem. I'm gonna hit up my FLGS soon to see what I can snag on the cheap.

It's definitely a fun optional rule that's for sure. Balantai was a big part of that. You will also find the powers on the cards to be pretty cool too. Joker and Count Vertigo have some pretty unique powers and can cause some grief for your opponent. Two-Face and the Thugs can be deadly on urban terrain and Two-Face is true to his theme. Lots of other great units, in there and look for the X-Men in the future. :D

Rickard January 25th, 2010 01:26 PM

I have one question about the Knockback Rule, if we are using this rule, can i choose when to use knockback or is always on?
I mean, like the example in the rulebook, if hawkgirl attacks solomon but behind Solomon is Batman. Can i choose not to knockback because it will hurt batman?

NecroBlade January 25th, 2010 01:35 PM

Knockback is optional both in that you can play the game without it, and you don't have to use it every time when attacking (just make sure that when you do use it, you say so).

Eclipse January 25th, 2010 02:31 PM

Fantastic work guys. Love the KB rule and the scenarios and maps are all terrific. Great job all around.

IAmBatman January 25th, 2010 02:35 PM

Griffin and the now defunct M3G (led by our good friend EternalThanos) get the lion's share of the credit for the maps and scenarios. We all helped a bit, but those guys, Griff especially, really stepped up to the plate.

Eclipse January 25th, 2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 996420)
Griffin and the now defunct M3G (led by our good friend EternalThanos) get the lion's share of the credit for the maps and scenarios. We all helped a bit, but those guys, Griff especially, really stepped up to the plate.

Ok then. Screw you guys. Where do I go to shake the hands of the people that actually worked on this thing. :p

IAmBatman January 25th, 2010 03:16 PM

Well I mean I did some stuff too ... :-P
But if you want to know who put work into this set, just read my letter in the introduction of the booklet - I think everyone who was even remotely associated with the project got listed there.

EternalThanos86 January 25th, 2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 996441)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 996420)

Ok then. Screw you guys. Where do I go to shake the hands of the people that actually worked on this thing. :p

Don't let Bats lead you astray. Griffin, Balantai, myself and IAmBatman ended up having to redo a ton of work the the M3G finished. They were the real troopers in the scenario arena. Plus they were kind enough to bring me on after my M3G team dissolved into nothingness.

~ET86

Confred January 25th, 2010 07:04 PM

First off, I'm blown away. I was at first skeptical, but this was truely professional. I hadn't warmed up to the original unique card faces of Marvelscape. But I loved these. So well made. The abilities and power rankings - so spot on.
Catwoman made me lol at her 9 lives
Black Canary synergy is also a plus
All them are great actually.
I helped a bit in the way back when you guys were doing Tried and True customs, so I know how much work has been done in customcrafting. I am glad ya'll stuck it through. And to you IAmBatman, it was stressful at times, seeming as if others didn't care as much as you - Well this set is also a homage to you, DC and all.
I'm a critic, cold and calculating, and I like what I see, what I am feeling.
Yet, I would have liked Darkseid to be higher points / stronger than Superman.

Errata:
Add one more bullet point to Green Arrow's card.

IAmBatman January 25th, 2010 09:46 PM

Darkseid may not cost as much, but he definitely gives Superman fits. :-) Thanks for the kind words! They mean a lot coming from a skeptic.