Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Techno (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54757)

Ronin March 21st, 2018 05:13 PM

The Book of Techno

The Book of Techno

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 55
JUSTICE, LIKE LIGHTNING...

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...chno_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...echno_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #031 / Fixer or #032 / Techno or #033 / Fixer.

Character Bio - Technological genius Norbert Ebersol (a.k.a. the Fixer) was the first villain to be recruited by Helmut Zemo into a new iteration of the Masters of Evil. Norbert helped Zemo to gather other members of the team, and when Zemo decided that these new Masters would masquerade as superheroes, Norbert put his genius towards creating advanced technology that would disguise the villains' faces and voices, preventing them from being recognized by the public. Norbert also created Songbird's harness based on technology appropriated from Klaw, and assisted Abner Jenkins in creating the MACH-I armor.

Norbert adopted the codename "Techno" and continued to serve as the tech expert for the Masters as they went public with their "heroic" identities, claiming to be a new superhero team known as the Thunderbolts. Norbert was the cockiest and most confident member of the team, and the one who came closest to accidentally exposing the team's true nature.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: Lazy Orang
  • Third playtest: Soundwarp
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Arkham
  • Fixer created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby
  • Techno persona created by Kurt Busiek and Mark Bagley
  • Comic art by Declan Shalvey

Ronin March 21st, 2018 05:14 PM

Re: The Book of Techno (Breathing)

NAME = TECHNO
SECRET IDENTITY = PAUL NORBERT EBERSOL

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150

TECH-PAC
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may choose two of the following effects for the rest of your turn:
• add 2 to Techno's Move number and Techno will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
• add 3 to Techno's Range number and Techno can attack non-adjacent figures even if he is engaged.
• after Techno attacks a non-adjacent figure, he may attack one additional time.
• all figures that were engaged with Techno at the start of your turn subtract 1 from their Defense numbers.

RECKLESS ENGAGEMENT
If Techno is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 die to his normal attack and subtract 1 die from his defense.

FLYING

Comic:

Figure:

Background:

One last design to bring the T-Bolts home - most all the heavy lifting's been done at this point and Techno's just rounding out the original roster.

Yodaking March 21st, 2018 05:40 PM

I like the first two mini pics where you can see his face clearly better than those that follow them. Only the one comic art pic, are you set on that then?

Ronin March 21st, 2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2185907)
I like the first two mini pics where you can see his face clearly better than those that follow them. Only the one comic art pic, are you set on that then?

Not dead set on it, but I have been using Declan Shalvey's Thunderbolts character portraits where I can.

Yodaking March 21st, 2018 06:17 PM

I just find the ones with the white background an odd choice for the comic art when I am looking for images. I'm not seeing a ton of options here though after a quick look around.

japes March 21st, 2018 06:48 PM

Doesn't appear anything has changed since I last liked it so...I still like it.

Lazy Orang March 21st, 2018 06:51 PM

Tech-Pac looks like fun! :) My only suggestion would be, if this guy's a Zemo loyalist, perhaps he should have a D20 power to leverage Charlatan Coordination?

Margloth March 21st, 2018 07:06 PM

I agree a d20 power seems appropriate here, or maybe simply tweak Tech Pac to require a d20 as opposed to an OM.

Lazy Orang March 21st, 2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth (Post 2185936)
I agree a d20 power seems appropriate here, or maybe simply tweak Tech Pac to require a d20 as opposed to an OM.

Unless I'm mistaken, the OM thing was meant to synergise well with Citizen V's other leadership power...

Ronin March 21st, 2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2185920)
I just find the ones with the white background an odd choice for the comic art when I am looking for images. I'm not seeing a ton of options here though after a quick look around.

Yeah, he'd probably need to be put on a different background. He really doesn't have a ton of options, though, as you say. I might flip through the digital issues at some point just to double-check those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth (Post 2185936)

That's how I had Tech-Pac, and then people wanted it this way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2185932)
Tech-Pac looks like fun! :) My only suggestion would be, if this guy's a Zemo loyalist, perhaps he should have a D20 power to leverage Charlatan Coordination?

I'm definitely open to a light touch that pushes the two together. I almost feel like, to emphasize his loyalist status the relationship should go the other way, though - Techno should be complementing Zemo and providing something that helps him out, not the other way around.