Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Contests and Forum Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Thanksgiving Custom Contest (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=38075)

Taeblewalker October 20th, 2011 10:51 PM

Re: Thanksgiving Custom Contest

I don't have the heart to call this a serious entry, and it's too funny not to share right away:

CAN'T FLY
When this Giant Turkey moves down elevations, it will take falling damage, if applicable.

DINNER!
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Human Hero. For each wound the chosen Hero inflicts on this Giant Turkey, place a Cranberry Condiment Marker on this army card. When this Giant Turkey is destroyed, if the chosen Hero is adjacent to before it is destroyed, remove a wound marker from the chosen Hero's army card for each Cranberry Condiment Marker on this army card.

clancampbell October 21st, 2011 07:30 AM

Looks like the turkey is going to take it. I'm leaning towards voting turkey as well, so I guess that's a good thing.

One more for the turkey!

infectedsloth October 21st, 2011 02:20 PM

After countless hours of careful deliberation...ok maybe not, I vote for the turkey.

samuelfrost4 October 21st, 2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infectedsloth (Post 1500633)
After countless hours of careful deliberation...ok maybe not, I vote for the turkey.

Did you enter the Halloween one?

samuelfrost4 October 21st, 2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1500308)
I don't have the heart to call this a serious entry, and it's too funny not to share right away:

CAN'T FLY
When this Giant Turkey moves down elevations, it will take falling damage, if applicable.

DINNER!
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Human Hero. For each wound the chosen Hero inflicts on this Giant Turkey, place a Cranberry Condiment Marker on this army card. When this Giant Turkey is destroyed, if the chosen Hero is adjacent to before it is destroyed, remove a wound marker from the chosen Hero's army card for each Cranberry Condiment Marker on this army card.

LOL! It wouldn't win a contest but IT IS funny... can't fly... hahaha... :D

infectedsloth October 21st, 2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuelfrost4 (Post 1500665)
Quote:

Unfortunately I didn't enter, because I didn't know about this until today, but I am definitely doing the the rest.

samuelfrost4 October 21st, 2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infectedsloth (Post 1500727)
Quote:

Originally Posted by samuelfrost4 (Post 1500665)
Quote:

Unfortunately I didn't enter, because I didn't know about this until today, but I am definitely doing the the rest.

Ok. Well do you know how to make cards? Cause if not I could make them for you. :)

Lamaclown October 22nd, 2011 12:18 AM

Well, by an overwhelming majority, it looks like a turkey it is for this contest.

For those who preferred to do the squad, please don't let this dissuade you from participating. I am sure you will still have fun coming up with something for this.

Check the OP for images for the card.

tcglkn October 22nd, 2011 12:29 AM

Ugh, a Turkey? I'm not sure my muse will hit me for that. :? May have to sit this one out.

Lamaclown October 22nd, 2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1500971)
Ugh, a Turkey? I'm not sure my muse will hit me for that. :? May have to sit this one out.

Maybe that elusive Muse will sneak up on you before the deadline.

I know a turkey doesn't sound exciting but I think that is the beauty, and challenge, of it. How in the world do you make a turkey a feasible and fun HS unit?

We all may be surprised once it gets to poll time for this one.

tcglkn October 22nd, 2011 12:38 AM

I look forward to it. But you can't push the muse. :) I just barely got it in time for the Halloween one so maybe.

Lamaclown October 22nd, 2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1500977)
I look forward to it. But you can't push the muse. :) I just barely got it in time for the Halloween one so maybe.

This I know only too well. Believe it or not, I had a much easier time designing my turkey than I did my Halloween custom (I have designed a card for each contest even though I won't be entering them).

The creative juices just flowed for the turkey but the muse just woudn't sing for me for the Halloween custom.