Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Fan Art & Fiction (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Home. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33220)

Chardar October 31st, 2010 08:32 PM

Home.

Chapter 0.

Ullar watched the girl in the pool of water. For a moment he didn’t believe what he saw. This couldn’t possibly be her, yet it was. Right there before his eyes. Walking along the street of a little town in a mysterious place called Pennsylvania, was the direct descendent of the ninth elf wizard.

The ninth elf wizard had been killed long ago in Feylund. Lord Cyprien had sent an army of wolves to destroy him. For months they attacked the city, killing all who stood in their way. As the wolves broke into the wizard’s home he realized that this was truly the end. Sacrificing his own life he teleported his pregnant wife to a mysterious planet called Earth. Magic was weak on that planet, and he knew that she would be safe there. The remaining elves fled to into the forests, where they will one day reclaim their city from the evil lord of darkness.
When the woman awoke she found herself in a town called London. There she found work aboard a ship for the new land. The new land promised freedom and prosperity, but it was nowhere to be found. The elf and her family were persecuted for their abilities in so-called witch trials. They were feared and hunted by the humans, until very few elves remained.
As the years passed the elves learned to live amongst the humans. Their ears became rounded and they lost much of their magical abilities. Some didn’t even know of their magical origin. They lived their lives as normal humans, and few were left that could still use magic. Of course it is impossible to completely erase one’s past, and occasionally an elf would be born that could use the power of magic.
Many of the more gifted elves would use their powers for evil. They would manipulate and deceive the weaker humans for their own purposes. The most evil of all the elves was none other than Adolf Hitler. Hitler wrongfully blamed the Jews for the evils that had been inflicted upon his kind during the Salem Witch Trials. He tortured and murdered the Jews as his kind had been.
A secret society of good elves learned of these evils, and swore to end them. Posing as elite assassins in the British, Russian, and American armies they were able to locate and kill Hitler, thus ending the reign of elven evil. After his defeat the good elves saw that they must never let such evil exist again. From that day forward the elves hide in the shadows, fighting evil whenever it appears.
However the elves’ power was weakening. The bloodline thinned, and those who could use magic passed away. However bloodlines never disappear completely, and occasionally an elf would be born with magical powers. Though she didn’t know it, the girl Ullar was watching was one such elf.

She watched her dad expectantly, hoping he would say yes. The look on his face was grim, almost scary.
“Have her back by ten son.”
“Yes sir.”
Neither of them was aware of the Valkyrie watching them as they left the doorstep.

bumper15 October 31st, 2010 09:07 PM

Re: Home.

Good start, glad to see it starting in good ol' PA. To answer your question, I type mine up on Word and Copy paste into the website. (When I actually add to my story.)

Chardar October 31st, 2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumper15 (Post 1245807)
Good start, glad to see it starting in good ol' PA. To answer your question, I type mine up on Word and Copy paste into the website. (When I actually add to my story.)

I tried that, but as soon as I hit preview it right aligns. Or should I just hit post without previewing?

Chardar November 1st, 2010 06:31 PM

Chapter 1.

“Would you relax, you’re going to be fine.” Brittany said laughing.
“The last time I was here he pulled a gun me. No I will not relax.” James smiled as he said it. They both remembered the last time he’d met her dad. They both knew he was just being funny, but there was still something unnerving about looking down the barrel of a gun.
They were both walking down the street of fifty miles from nowhere Pennsylvania, or at least that’s what they called it. Their town had a name, but it was boring, so they never spoke of it.
James was tall, about six feet, with long dark hair. He was skinny, but he was tough. There was a small scar above his right eye where he had been cut with a pocketknife during a fight. He was proud of the mark, the mark of a warrior as he called it. So maybe Brittany’s dad did have a reason not to trust him. Half of his leather jacket was burnt, but he never said why.
Brittany was a head shorter than him with brown hair that fell down to her shoulders, getting lighter as it fell. In all respects she looked completely ordinary, but there was something very special about her. Her skin was much smoother than was smoother than was normal even for the preppy girls at school and their five pounds of makeup; and her ears were just slightly pointed at the tip.

James stopped smiling as they approached the doorstep. He put on a completely serious face as they rang the doorbell. To him her dad was just another opponent; no different than when he played football. He had to be on his game, and his face showed nothing else.
Her dad glowered at James as he opened the door. James suddenly became nervous, remembering the incident with the gun. He was grateful for the heavy leather he was wearing. It muffled his heartbeat.
“You again? What do you want?” Her dad said as soon as he recognized the boy.
James’ heart beat faster as he struggled to remember. What did he want?
Brittany cut in before he could embarrass them any more. “A bunch of kids at school were going to see Avatar. I really didn’t want to go by myself so I asked James if he’d go with me.”
Her dad looked the boy. “I wasn’t doing anything so I figured why not. Is that alright with you?”
Her dad thought about it for a long time before answering. Brittany and James waited nervously.
“Have her back by ten son.”
“Yes sir.” He gave her dad a firm handshake as they left. That was the highest pact a man could make here. Once you shook on it you were bound to your word. James had no intention of going back on his.

Meet the main characters. Just a couple of normal high school kids. Why is Ullar interested in them?

The Deadliest Warrior November 1st, 2010 06:40 PM

To indent your paragraphs, press Tab, on the left side of Q if you have the standard Qwerty keyboard.

Chardar November 1st, 2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior (Post 1246580)
To indent your paragraphs, press Tab, on the left side of Q if you have the standard Qwerty keyboard.

I know that. Whenever I post them in the forum it right aligns. Look at most of the fanfics on this site. They're all like that.

Chardar November 1st, 2010 09:02 PM

Chapter 2.

They left her house and got into James’ car. It wasn’t fancy. In fact he had pulled it from the junkyard when he was fourteen, and had spent the last two years fixing it up. It still didn’t run very well, but it was good enough for them.
The drive was quiet. That was thing that they liked about each other. They didn’t have to be talking all of the time. They could enjoy themselves without talking at all. That was the measure of a true friendship, the ability to have a silence without it being awkward.
James turned on the radio. Music was one thing that they could never agree on, but that wasn’t important. The news was on.

“A man was dragged from a theater by police after being fired today. Witnesses to the incident report that he was frantically yelling about how he had uncovered a drug plot within the company. The theater has stated that they will not press charges. A company spokesperson stated that the incident is regrettable, and that they do not wish to dwell on such an unfortunate occurrence.
In other news Wizards of the Coast has hired the C3G team as designers for the Marvelscape line, and they plan to have their first release available by Christmas.”

James turned off the radio. “A theater huh? Kind of freaky, wonder if it’s the one we’re going to.”
Brittany looked at him like he was crazy. “I’m sure it’s not, just another poor soul out of work.”
The rest of the drive passed quietly.

They arrived at the theater an hour later. James bought the tickets, while Brittany bought the snacks. Which was odd because Brittany had asked James to go the movie, and James was the one who was hungry. They waved to several of their friends from school, all of which had dates, so there wasn’t much talk.
Brittany grinned evilly. “Should we sit in the back?” She said suggestively.
“You pull any of those stupid moves on me I’ll kick your a**.” James said severely. Brittany just laughed. They got seats in the back anyway. The whole theater was filled with high school kids, there was bound to be some kissing anyway. They all sat back as the movie started.

The mysterious stranger locked the door to the theater. The kids were either focused on the movie or each other. No one was paying any attention as the man walked to the other door and locked it. The kids didn’t know it, but they were trapped.

James was watching the screen intently. He liked Brittany, but he wasn’t going to try anything here. A man slowly walked in front of the screen. Some of the louder boys hollered and threw snacks at him, but he ignored them. He slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out a gun. He pointed it in the air and fired.
As the shot rang out the theater broke out into a series of screams. The kids clambered over each other in an attempt to get to the exit. In the panic the smaller kids were trampled by the larger. James and Brittany ducked down behind there seats.
Another shot rang out. “Quiet!” The man shouted. The kids froze, and the man began to speak.
“Now everyone just calm down.” The students started mumbling to each other. “Quiet!” The kids fell silent again.
James could taste the tension in the theater. He thought about the knife in his pocket. How useless it was to him now. The man began to speak again.
“Now everyone just calm down. There’s something I need to show the world, and you’re going to help me do it.”
The gears in Brittany’s head started turning faster. That was the man, the man who had been fired earlier! She listened intently as he continued.
“I’ve placed a call to the news channel. They are coming. Until they do I just need you to calm down and watch the movie. Any funny business and well…” The man opened his coat to reveal two bombs strapped to his sides. “Now sit down and enjoy the movie.”

Outside the police were preparing to storm the theater. There was a swat team assembled by the door, and a sniper was being sent to the projector box. The news team was behind, ready to get their story. The kids were sitting silently in their seats, anxiously awaiting the arrival of a rescue.
A magnified voice sounded from outside the theater. “Please tell us what you want. We don’t anyone to be hurt tonight.”
“I told you, I need the cameras in here. Send in the cameras!” The man shouted back.
“Alright. The cameras are coming.” The swat team prepared to breach. The kids were all in the seats. The man was on the floor. They could breach the door and take him down before anyone else was hurt.
“Something’s wrong.” James muttered. With a loud crash the door flew from its hinges. “No, you don’t understand!” The man shouted.
“No! There’s a bomb.” James shouted.
The swat shot the man repeatedly. “You don’t understand!”
The man fell over as the bullets hit him. “There’s a bomb!’
The swat stopped firing as the man hit the ground. The kids screamed as a thunderous crash echoed throughout the theater. James watched in horror as a wall of fire exploded from the man. He felt the heat on his face as the fire enveloped the swat team and the kids in front of him. The cries of terror were deafening as he watched the fire come closer. He grabbed Brittany’s hand. He was going to die, but he couldn't think of anyone else he'd rather die with. The fire slammed into the two, enveloping them, but all they saw was white.

The CEE November 1st, 2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chardar (Post 1246792)
Chapter 2.
In other news Wizards of the Coast has hired the C3G team as designers for the Marvelscape line, and they plan to have their first release available by Christmas.”

:rofl:

Great story so far, I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Chardar November 1st, 2010 10:26 PM

Chapter 3.

James was in a castle. He had no idea how he had gotten there, but sure enough it was a castle. Torches lighted the hallway; the stone reflected a dull orange in firelight. The floor was a smooth, polished black tile. The air was stagnant, and smelt faintly of burnt oil.
He heard a noise behind him. He whirled around and saw a mechanical man. In one hand it held a bronze sword. The other arm ended in a huge claw. The thing swung the claw at James! He ducked out of the way, and the claw smashed into the stone, leaving a large gouge in the wall.
James rolled around into the center the hallway. If this thing wanted to kill him he didn’t want to be trapped between it and the wall. The thing turned to face him. It was slow. James was fast. That was good.
The thing opened its claw. It lunged again with much more precision. James ducked and rolled again. The thing slammed into the wall. The open claw broke into the stone. It stuck.
James saw several wires on the thing’s neck. He flicked open his knife. It had been useless to him in the theater. It wasn’t here. He rammed the knife deep into the back of the thing’s neck. He felt a shock and let go of the knife. The thing slumped to the ground, its eyes went out.
James waited several minutes. He had no idea where he was, and this thing had just tried to kill him. Nervously, he barely touched the knife. Receiving no shock, he quickly pulled it out and pocketed it. If there were more of these things, he knew how to kill them. He wrenched the thing’s hand open and grabbed the sword. He swung it around a couple of times. It wasn’t as heavy as he had thought it would be. In fact it was very light. Now he even had a decent weapon. Things were looking up.
He slowly set off down the hallway. He had no idea where he was going, but the hallways had to go somewhere. He was being cautious, if there were more of those things he wanted to be able to surprise them.
He had walked for several minutes before coming to a corner. He carefully peered around the edge. There was another thing there, facing the other direction. This one had no claw. There was a large, many barreled shotgun in its hands. James slipped back around the corner. He could dodge a sword, but not bullets. He turned around and headed back the other direction.
He passed the one he had killed earlier and went off the other way. He continued walking. After what seemed like an eternity he finally came to another corner. He carefully peered around it, just as he had the other. There was another one of those things, also with a gun. He had to get by them, one way or the other.
James held the sword in both hands. As quietly as he could manage he ran up behind the thing with his sword raised. He swung it with all of his might and severed the head at the neck. The head flew off of the body and crashed onto the floor. The thing whirled and pointed its gun at James. James leapt to the side as the thing fired. The bullets shot past him. James rushed the thing again and severed the thing’s arm, sending the gun falling to the floor. James plunged the sword deep into the thing. He let go as he felt a shock. The thing fell to floor, sparks flying from its wounds.
James saw shadows from around the corner. Four of the things appeared from the hallway. Three of them had claws. One had a gun. James snatched up the gun from the thing he had just killed. The one with the gun stayed behind as the clawed things came closer. He fired several times at the advancing machines. The bullets just glanced off of their heavy armor. He aimed at their neck, their weak point. The gun clicked. Empty.
James cursed as the things advanced. He turned to run, and came face to face with a fourth claw. The claw grabbed him around the chest and pressed him against the wall. He slashed at the thing’s neck with his knife, but the others closed in as well. The pinned his arms against the wall. Rendering him helpless. The thing with the gun just watched. As if it were awaiting orders.
James watched in horror and fascination as a large winged man approached him. He was about seven feet tall. He was wearing a leather jacket and pants, with a pair of pistols attached to a utility belt. His arms were bare and very muscled. Long black hair flowed past his shoulders.
“Bring him with me. Lord Vydar wants to see him. They have much to discuss.”
James struggled to free himself from the machine's iron grip, but no matter how hard he tried they only clamped harder.
"Where is she!" He screamed at the winged man. "Where is she!"

Well I wasn't planning on writing anymore tonight, but since you asked.

Chardar November 2nd, 2010 03:09 PM

I realized that I forgot to add in the last line of chapter 3. It is fixed. Enjoy and sorry.

Corzan November 2nd, 2010 10:06 PM

These are very good Chardar! +rep for you!

vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Chardar again.

Aw dang it.

Chardar November 3rd, 2010 07:02 PM

Chapter 4.

Gladitrons. That's what the winged man had called the things holding him. Stupid name really, but strangely fitting.
James' arms were bruised from the metal claws. He'd long since given up resisting, but he didn't understand why they had to lift him so his feet were dragging along the floor. Couldn't they see his legs?
They'd been walking for what seemed like forever. There were two Gladitron's carrying him by his arms. The winged man walked in front of them.
"You know I can walk right?" James asked the winged man. He didn't answer, or even acknowledge that he'd heard him.
James tried another question. "Where are we going?" Still no response from the winged man.
"Do you have a name?" James asked.
"Samuel." The winged man answered. The response surprised James.
As they walked through the maze of corridors the castle was steadily changing. The stone was smoother, newer here. The air also wasn't as stagnant, and it seemed to be getting warmer.
James realized that they weren't alone in the castle. He saw several more Gladitrons, there were also more winged men and Gladitrons with guns. Everyone was moving quickly, as if their life depended on reaching their destination. Everything was moving systematically. There was a system in place here, and he was disrupting it.
"We're almost there." Samuel stated. James wondered if he ever said more than a sentence.
There was door ahead of them. As they approached a panel extended from the wall. The lights lit up in a series of bizarre symbols. The symbols flashed off and were replaced by normal English numbers. Samuel entered a four digit code into the panel, 1994. James quickly memorized the code and the door flipped open.
They entered into a huge hallway. There were hundreds of Gladitrons marching through the area. There were also a few much larger machines who seemed to be leading them. There were two winged men standing on a floating platform in the center of the room, who appeared to be directing the operation.
"This way." Samuel said, moving along the side of the hallway, out of the way. As if it made a difference. He was still being carried by the Gladitrons. He wasn't sure what he hated more. The fact that he was a prisoner, or the fact that he was a prisoner being treated like a baby.
They walked all the way to the end of the hall. It occured to James that even if he did remember the code, he'd never be able be able to find the door again. There was another, much larger door at the end. James waited for another panel, but it never appeared. Instead it creaked open on its own. He looked at Samuel. "We're expected." The winged man answered. Very friendly this guy.
The Gladitrons suddenly released their grip. James fell to the floor before he had a chance to catch himself. He quickly sprung to his feet. The Gladitrons joined the ever moving mass of machines in the hallway.
"Follow me." Samuel said as he entered the door.
The room was almost larger than the hallway they had just left. There were three massive pillars supporting the roof. These also appeared to be much older than the walls and the floor. Directly ahead of them was a large, black throne. Seated on it was another winged man. He was shirtless with pale gray skin. He wore the same leather pants and belt as Samuel, his pistols were much more ornate though. Like Samuel he had long black hair, though his was lined with gray. His wings were much larger than Samuels. There was also traces of gray in the thick black feathers. Almost everything about the man was gray.
He stood up, the severed head of a Gladitron in his hand. He tossed it at James' feet. "Are you always so disrespectful of the property of others?" He stared at James intently, waiting for an answer.