Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Destroyer Armor (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=41301)

tcglkn May 19th, 2012 06:46 PM

The Book of Destroyer Armor

The Book of Destroyer Armor

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 36
ASGARD'S MIGHT

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rmor_comic.png

Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Armor_mini.png

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #039 / Destroyer.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Destroyer Armor is a single-spaced figure.
  • Destroyer Armor is an Event Hero and follows Event Hero rules.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

tcglkn May 19th, 2012 06:46 PM

Re: The Book of Destroyer Armor

NAME = DESTROYER ARMOR

SPECIES = ASGARDIAN
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = CONSTRUCT
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 460

DISINTEGRATION RAY 14
Instead of attacking, you may choose 5 spaces in a straight line from Destroyer Armor. All figures on the chosen spaces are affected. Roll the 20-sided die once for all affected figures. If you roll 14 or higher, all affected figures receive two wounds.

ODIN'S LIFE-FORCE ENCHANTMENT
When defending against a normal attack from a figure that is not an Asgardian or does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Destroyer Armor can take from this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

Griffin May 19th, 2012 07:09 PM

Re: The Book of Destroyer Armor: Design

Looks great.

ENCHANTED INVULNERABLITY
Anytime Destroyer Armor would receive only one wound, you may ignore that wound. Anytime Destroyer Armor would be automatically destroyed, he instead receives two wounds.

That bold word implies to me that this affect only occurs when a power that auto destroys... well... auto destroys. :lol: But maybe that word should be cut out, so that it apples with auto destroy powers and also when he would just be taking enough wounds to die. I think cutting that one word would accomplish that.

tcglkn May 19th, 2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1612181)
Looks great.

ENCHANTED INVULNERABLITY
Anytime Destroyer Armor would receive only one wound, you may ignore that wound. Anytime Destroyer Armor would be automatically destroyed, he instead receives two wounds.

That bold word implies to me that this affect only occurs when a power that auto destroys... well... auto destroys. :lol: But maybe that word should be cut out, so that it apples with auto destroy powers and also when he would just be taking enough wounds to die. I think cutting that one word would accomplish that.

Well that's definitely the intent, but I didn't read close enough what Bats gave me to copy/paste. I'll make the cut in 48 hours. :lol:

Margloth May 19th, 2012 07:16 PM

Why so fast?

Griffin May 19th, 2012 07:34 PM

The thing is menacing most of the time, I'll give you that, but when he does run, and look at that sculpt ;), he is powerfully fast.

tcglkn May 19th, 2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1612213)
The thing is menacing most of the time, I'll give you that, but when he does run, and look at that sculpt ;), he is powerfully fast.

Plus the guy is pretty large so larger strides = faster move.

Margloth May 19th, 2012 08:20 PM

I just worry that he's going to be a fast run and gunner (with move, essentially range, and not taking LEAs) instead of a brutal tank (since he'll probably take wounds fairly quickly when they don't just nick him).

Hahma May 19th, 2012 08:50 PM

Nice design Tickle. :D

He'll be tough to chip away at by squaddies, though if they keep from getting lined up for his Disintegration Ray, they should be able to get some lucky attacks in here and there. He's only going to have a single attack, so perhaps over the long haul they'll get him.

When he does take wounds, they will be decent chunks at a time, so that should help the balance.

Being large will keep him off ladders, but it also stops a lot of powers from working against him.

He should be a pretty badass and it seems like he will.

OMG I can't imagine Surtur, Destroyer and Thanos in the same army. Ouch!

tcglkn May 19th, 2012 08:53 PM

I'm looking forward to running, The Wrecking Crew, Loki, Laufey, some Frost Giants, Surtur and this guy against a ton of Asgardians! 8)

IAmBatman May 19th, 2012 08:54 PM

Love what you got! :-)

IAmBatman May 19th, 2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1612306)
OMG I can't imagine Surtur, Destroyer and Thanos in the same army. Ouch!

Best counter to that? Mind control! Only Surture can resist it.