Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 August 14th, 2010 10:38 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

:thumbsup:
Let's send Buffy to playtesting.

machinekng August 14th, 2010 10:40 PM

Looks good!

wulfhunter667 August 15th, 2010 12:56 AM

I agree. Let's send her to playtest. :thumbsup:

Lamaclown August 15th, 2010 04:25 PM

It may be superfluous, but... :thumbsup: for the Buffster.

Of course doctors and agents for me for playtesting first (although I am chomping at the bit to play Buffy).

Balantai August 16th, 2010 12:55 PM

Hrockle,

Go ahead and post your pick. :D

Hrockle August 16th, 2010 01:31 PM

Yay! My turn!

Hm... I choose... Corwin from the Amber Chronicles by Roger Zelazny!

Characteristics:
*Strong, very strong. Almost superhuman, but not quite.
*black and silver are his colors
*wields a heavy one-handed blade
*He's tricky- Vydar, perhaps?
*has the ability to shift worlds: Basically, there is one true world, Amber, and all the others are merely shadows of Amber. To go between each world, all the princes and princess of Amber shift around certain details of the world. For example, when leaving Amber to go to Earth, they could decide to change the sky color first, and then the road they are on. Then the trees, then they can change from a horse to a car. The shifts happen quite suddenly, but they are sometimes subtle enough you won't recognize it.
*He is competent with all weapons, but usually wields a sword.

Delph August 16th, 2010 02:26 PM

I read the Wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corwin_...icles_of_Amber)

I've never read the books, but he sounds pretty interesting.

His sword, Grayswandir looks like a must.

Some quotes from the entry that might guide his powers:

"Corwin's favoured weapon is his sword Grayswandir, and his use of magic is extremely limited."
"While a few of his siblings exceed him in certain skills, at arms, strength and magic Corwin is well-balanced in most and is the best leader of them all. He also exemplifies stamina throughout the series."
"Corwin is a quick and strategic thinker"
"remarkable endurance and regeneration abilities"
"Grayswandir and Werewindle are inscribed with portions of the Pattern of Amber; this makes them particularly effective against creatures of Chaos."

Hrockle August 16th, 2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delph (Post 1176299)
I read the Wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corwin_(The_Chronicles_of_Amber)

I've never read the books, but he sounds pretty interesting.

His sword, Grayswandir looks like a must.

Some quotes from the entry that might guide his powers:

"Corwin's favoured weapon is his sword Grayswandir, and his use of magic is extremely limited."
"While a few of his siblings exceed him in certain skills, at arms, strength and magic Corwin is well-balanced in most and is the best leader of them all. He also exemplifies stamina throughout the series."
"Corwin is a quick and strategic thinker"
"remarkable endurance and regeneration abilities"
"Grayswandir and Werewindle are inscribed with portions of the Pattern of Amber; this makes them particularly effective against creatures of Chaos."

Handy info, thanks for finding that. I want to do all the princes and princess eventually, and thought that starting with Corwin would be helpful.

Another thing to note are the Trumps, which are basically tarot cards with pictures of places and the royal family on them that can be used to talk to or visit said places and people.

Balantai August 16th, 2010 03:50 PM

Which miniature will you be using for this one, Hrockle?

Hrockle August 16th, 2010 06:12 PM

At this point I haven't done any miniature research, and as my eyes are currently dilated, I can't really focus too much on the necessary details.

EDIT:Here's a more formal post:
Corwin
Literature: Chronicles of Amber
No mini yet
Wiki entry

Focus:
An all rounder with commanding abilities. I want to make him synergize with the rest of the prince and princesses(those will be my next picks).

wulfhunter667 August 16th, 2010 10:20 PM

I have to say, you've made an interesting choice. On that same note though, I'm not sure how in the world you are going to do it. I know enough about Amber to know that if Corwin ever did get sucked into the battle of all time, he's only stay long enough to let it amuse him for a few minutes and then use a Trump to get the crap out before the stuff got too deep. Same for all the Amberites. If you remove the world walking ability, I think it might work. And I'll cetainly provide commentary when and where I can.

Lamaclown August 16th, 2010 11:04 PM

I can't say that I have ever heard of the books or characters. Once we get to the wording and costing point I will start giving my input.