Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker November 8th, 2011 11:16 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Doc Savage has been removed from this process, on the recommendation that he enter a supers project.

Machineking is indeed next.

machinekng November 8th, 2011 11:45 PM

Okay then...

http://s2.zerochan.net/240/25/41/372075.jpg

Name: Ezio Auditore
Genre: Video Games (Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations)
Miniature: Still searching for an appropriate miniature. Any advice would be welcome.

EDIT: An option, DDMHarbinger #25 Human Wanderer
http://danddminis.com/image/cache/da...er-250x250.jpg

Background: Ezio Auditore was born in 1459, son of Giovanni Auditore. At the age of 17, he witnessed his father's and brothers' unjust trial and execution at the hands of the Pazzi family. Escaping Florence, he learns of his heritage, that he is one of the Assassins, dedicated to protecting the world from the tyrannical templar order, who seeks to use the ancient pieces of eden to enslave it.

Abilities: Ezio Auditore is a master assassin, and is also a strong swordsman. His arsenal consists of his wrist mounted hidden blades, his sword and throwing knives, and a variety of gadgets including smoke bombs, a concealed pistol, and at one point, a working glider. Ezio does not tend to stick to the shadows, but can blend into the crowd at ease, and can also quickly scale buildings.

Abilties that I would like to focus on:

His ability to assassinate and instantly a vulnerable opponent.
His ability to blend in with the crowd.
His freerunning/climbing skills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_II

JC McMinis November 9th, 2011 12:20 AM

Interesting choice...I have wanted to play the Assassin Creed games, sadly I do not own a systrm that will play them.

Some suggestions

Expert Climber
When counting spaces for climbing, Ezio Auditore may count every 3 spaces as 1.

One with the Crowd.
When Ezio Auditore is attacked while he adjacent to at least 1 other figure, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher ignore all wounds and you may move Ezio 3 spaces. Ezio Auditore may move through all figures without becoming engaged and never taked leaving engagement attacks.

mac122 November 9th, 2011 10:41 AM

I know nothing of this character except what I read in Wikipedia and that my oldest son has the game.

I like jc's idea about the climbing. The hard part is getting that kind of ability worded properly. LC had been working on a Parkour ability for one of his customs a while back. I don't remember if he got that worked out or not.

As an assassin, he should be Tricky. Blending in suggests Thorian speed or Ezio can't be attacked if no OMs are revealed on his card.

Maybe for instant assassination, something along the lines of Sharpshooter or Ullar Enhanced Rifle.

Taeblewalker November 9th, 2011 10:47 AM

I would look at Mystique's card for the blending in ability.

JC McMinis November 10th, 2011 12:13 PM

Saw some of the game and how far down this guy can jump so new idea fo movement ability.

FREE MOVEMENT
When moving Enzio Auditore, every 3 of elevation count as 1. Enzio never takes falling or major falling damage.

boromir96 November 10th, 2011 09:44 PM

Eragon needs to be added to the index.;)

JC McMinis November 10th, 2011 11:38 PM

Better yet

FREE MOVEMENT
When counting spacee for Enzio Auditore's movement, every 3 levels of elevation up count as 1. When moving down in levels Enzio may triple his height. Enzio may move through all figures without becoming engaged and never takes leaving engagement attacks.

dfonse November 12th, 2011 08:35 PM

Time for my once-in-a-while post. I like for assassinations an ability similar to the rogue dwarf dnd master set.

machinekng November 13th, 2011 12:14 PM

Okay, first draft:

Ezio Auditore
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Assassin
Tricky
Medium

Life-4
Move-6
Range-4
Attack-3
Defense-4

Assassinate
After moving and before attacking with Ezio Auditore, choose an adjacent medium or small figure. If the figure is common, destroy it. If the figure is unique, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the choosen unique figure.
(I had already been looking at Grimnak's chomp for an assassination when I proposed Ezio. Ithink it works well, and is true to the mechanics of the video game.)

Freerunner
When counting spaces for Ezio Auditore's movement, every 3 levels of elevation count as 1. When climbing, Ezio Auditore may triple his height.
(Ezio does take falling damage, it's the biggest killer in the game, unless he'sd diving into soft surface (like hay, or water). It may be more thematic to have him not take falling damage when falling into swamp water or snow.)

Blend with the Crowd
When Ezio Auditore is adjacent to 2 or more figures, opponents' figures must be adjacent to Ezio Auditore to attack him with a normal attack.
(Thorian Speed with a caveat.)

JC McMinis November 17th, 2011 04:57 AM

Very nice first draft. I like the idea of using Chomp as his assassination ability.

Taeblewalker November 17th, 2011 11:16 AM

Great stuff. I'll have to think about the wording of Free Runner to see if it can be improved, but it looks very good.