Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Movies (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mad Max - Fury Road (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50581)

Grishnakh July 27th, 2014 03:43 PM

Mad Max - Fury Road

I am so pumped for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw

1st trailer.

Tornado July 27th, 2014 03:57 PM

Re: Mad Max - Fury Road

That looks awesome.

I was just looking at this movie on IMDB earlier in the week.
There was a show about two inventor brothers that created a vehicle that is supposed to be in the movie.

ParaGoomba Slayer August 16th, 2014 04:32 AM

The first movie was okay (I barely remember it though, I'll have to see it again), the second movie was excellent, and Thunderdome sucked.

It looks good. Not Road Warrior good, but good.

Also, according to this one 90's Monster Truck video tape I had as a kid, monster trucks run on alcohol based fuel and get 70 feet to the gallon. I imagine one that ran on diesel or gasoline would get better mileage, but still.

Yodaking April 1st, 2015 01:47 PM

All I have to say is "Wow!"

Grishnakh April 1st, 2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2012444)
All I have to say is "Wow!"

I know huh? I just hope the story line is good. Looks like Max saving a group of people/women that the bad guy thinks he "owns". Regardless the action is over the top. And very little to no CGI. All of the stunts are practical. I can really get behind that! Avengers first, then Fury Road. May is going to be great...

Grishnakh May 7th, 2015 09:49 AM

Getting excited about this! I just hope the reviews are good.

Jim May 7th, 2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishnakh (Post 2019836)

I couldn't care less if the reviews are good, as long as the movie is good! :D

Grishnakh May 8th, 2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 2019873)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishnakh (Post 2019836)

I couldn't care less if the reviews are good, as long as the movie is good! :D

You know what I meant! But what if both were true? Good movie, and good reviews! That could translate into a success for the studio, at least enough to make a sequel.

Or it could just suck and be forgotten, like so many other bad genre films over the years…..

Not buying advanced tickets just yet, but I do plan on seeing it. Unless Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 5% fresh rating and completely pans it.

Tornado May 8th, 2015 01:12 PM

I think Charlize will nail this one. It was her idea to shave her head.
A strong female lead should help to drive the box office.

Yodaking May 8th, 2015 02:20 PM

I plan on seeing it opening weekend. All the practical effects just look outstanding and will be welcome change from CGI everything.

Tornado May 8th, 2015 04:05 PM

I wonder if the vehicle designed by the brother engineers made the cut. I need to see if I can find that online.

Aldin May 8th, 2015 04:14 PM

My father took me to see Road Warrior when I was a kid and I'm continuing the tradition by taking my son to see Fury Road. I was nine at the time and post-apocalyptic dystopianism sunk into my DNA leaving me a total sucker for the Wasteland/Fallout games and other, similar fictions. My son has been soaking in post-apocalyptic dystopianism since Fallout 3 was released - he was nine at the time. Now I get to bring everything full circle!

~Aldin, rummaging through the wasteland