Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Ice (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48211)

A3n April 14th, 2013 04:37 AM

The Book of Ice

The Book of Ice

C3G DC WAVE 20
BATTLE FOR JUSTICE

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/..._Ice_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...G_Ice_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set.
Its model number and name are #029-030 / Ice.

Character Bio - Ice is a member of a race of magical ice people that live in the mountains of Norway. Her father, King Olafsdotter is the leader of these people. When an engineer named Rod Schoendienst discovered the ice people, he made a pact with Tora's father that allowed her to leave their kingdom. After Rod introduced Tora to Doctor Mist and the Global Guardians she joined the team as the second Ice Maiden. Soon after, she became close friends with Fire. After the Global Guardians lost their U.N. funding, Fire and Ice applied for membership in a depleted Justice League International that was desperate for new members (Comicvine, 2013).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

A3n April 14th, 2013 04:37 AM

Re: The Book of Ice - Design phase

NAME = ICE
SECRET IDENTITY = TORA OLAFSDOTTER

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS =UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PRINCESS
PERSONALITY = GUILELESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 170

FREEZE BLAST
Start the game with 4 blue Ice Markers on this card. When attacking a Unique Hero with Ice's normal attack, if you roll at least 1 skull you may place an Ice Marker from this card onto the defending figure's Army Card. A figure other than Ice with an Ice Marker on its card subtracts 1 from its Move and Defense numbers, to a minimum of 1, for each Ice Marker on its card. If a figure other than Ice with an Ice Marker on its card moves onto a lava field or molten lava space, remove all Ice Markers on its card from the game. Ice Markers cannot be placed on the cards of figures with the Ice Resistance special power.

BLIZZARD
Instead of attacking with Ice, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, for the remainder of the round any figure that starts its turn within 5 spaces of Ice cannot move, attack, or use any special power on any Army Card or Glyph during its turn.

ICE RESISTANCE
Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving. Add 1 die to Ice's defense while on an ice or snow space.

A3n April 14th, 2013 04:38 AM

Could think of a class for her.

SirGalahad April 14th, 2013 09:56 AM

or could not?

Scapemage April 14th, 2013 09:57 AM

I can't think of a class either.

I'd rather see Freeze Blast only add markers for each wound dealt, because if she wanted to ice over a specific figure she couldn't attack anybody else in the meantime.

Blizzard is too powerful. 6 spaces in a circle is a huge radius, and the afflicted don't have any opportunity to do anything on their turns. Maybe a roll is in order.

SirGalahad April 14th, 2013 10:20 AM

Pre-edits
Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1798829)
FREEZE BLAST
Start the game with 4 blue Ice Markers on this card. When attacking a Hero with Ice's normal attack, you may place an Ice Marker from this card onto the defending figure's card for each skull rolled. A figure other than Ice with an Ice Marker on its card subtracts 1 from its Move and Defense numbers, to a minimum of 1, for each Ice Marker on its card. If a figure with an Ice Marker on its card moves onto a lava field or molten lava space, remove all Ice Markers on its card from the game. Ice Markers cannot be placed on the cards of figures with the Ice Resistance special power.

BLIZZARD
Instead of attacking with Ice, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, for the remainder of the round any figure that starts its turn within 6 spaces of Ice cannot move, attack, or use any special power on any Army Card or Glyph. Figures with the Ice Resistance special power are not affected by this special power.

ICE RESISTANCE
Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving. Add 1 die to Ice's defense while on an ice or snow space.

Freeze Blast - Initially I was worried that since the Ice Markers are placed based on skulls rather than wounds, it would be overpowered, but since she doesn't ever get the markers back, I'm OK with that. Should she lose her markers is she moves onto a molten lava or lava field space?

Blizzard - 126 spaces (6-space aura) is a pretty big area to affect. I just keep moving Ice to where my opponent has his next OM, and he's screwed.

Ice Resistance - changed his name to her name.

punctuation and consistency

Lord Pyre April 14th, 2013 11:12 AM

Freeze Blast is basically Mr. Freeze's ice gun, isn't it? Except more powerful? I don't know her a whole lot, but I figured Mr. Freeze would be more powerful.

quozl April 14th, 2013 11:25 AM

I would like to see Ice markers come back but then it would be too powerful. How about placing markers on a blank instead of a skull?

johnny139 April 14th, 2013 12:15 PM

Seems sort of... generic ice-character-ish. Which isn't bad, but hard to get excited about.

You could go for Princess as a Class.

IAmBatman April 14th, 2013 04:21 PM

Princess sounds like a good class. :up:

I'm a tad worried about the power level of Blizzard as well. Maybe up the roll to 18? Or at least 16? With the current aura, it's pretty easy to kill an opponent's round with it.

SirGalahad April 14th, 2013 04:44 PM

Maybe something about reducing attack dice instead of no attack? Should Green Arrow be able to be as accurate from 9 spaces away into the center of a blizzard?

A3n April 14th, 2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemage (Post 1798861)
I'd rather see Freeze Blast only add markers for each wound dealt, because if she wanted to ice over a specific figure she couldn't attack anybody else in the meantime.

I don't get what you are trying to say here :confused:.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemage (Post 1798861)
Blizzard is too powerful. 6 spaces in a circle is a huge radius, and the afflicted don't have any opportunity to do anything on their turns. Maybe a roll is in order.

It does have a D20 die roll :shrug:.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 1798906)
Freeze Blast is basically Mr. Freeze's ice gun, isn't it? Except more powerful? I don't know her a whole lot, but I figured Mr. Freeze would be more powerful.

Mr Freeze is just a cold person that has a gun to freeze things. Ice can actually generate ice & snow with her own ability, she freeze a whole building in her sleep, she can create blizzards. I would say that puts her on a level above Mr Freeze.
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1799034)
Princess sounds like a good class. :up:

Agreed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1799034)
I'm a tad worried about the power level of Blizzard as well. Maybe up the roll to 18? Or at least 16? With the current aura, it's pretty easy to kill an opponent's round with it.

:up: I was thinking 16 & reduce the aura to 5 spaces.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1799042)
Maybe something about reducing attack dice instead of no attack? Should Green Arrow be able to be as accurate from 9 spaces away into the center of a blizzard?

that could be something different also. I would want to keep the roll to a maximum of 14 if we went this route.

Quote:

BLIZZARD
Instead of attacking with Ice, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, for the remainder of the round any figure that starts its turn within 5 spaces of Ice cannot move, attack, or use any special power on any Army Card or Glyph. Figures with the Ice Resistance special power are not affected by this special power.
or...
Quote:

BLIZZARD
Instead of attacking with Ice, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, for the remainder of the round any figure that starts its turn within 5 spaces of Ice cannot move, subtracts 3 from it's attack and range to a minimum of 1, and cannot use any special power on any Army Card or Glyph that requires clear sight. Figures with the Ice Resistance special power are not affected by this special power.
What about this change to Freeze Blast:
Quote:

FREEZE BLAST
Start the game with 4 blue Ice Markers on this card. When attacking a Hero with Ice's normal attack, if you roll at least 1 skull you may place an Ice Marker from this card onto the defending figure's. A figure other than Ice with an Ice Marker on its card subtracts 1 from its Move and Defense numbers, to a minimum of 1, for each Ice Marker on its card. If a figure other than Ice with an Ice Marker on its card moves onto a lava field or molten lava space, remove all Ice Markers on its card from the game. Ice Markers cannot be placed on the cards of figures with the Ice Resistance special power.