Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Blue Lantern (Bro'Dee Walker) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47676)

Scapemage February 12th, 2013 09:57 PM

The Book of Blue Lantern (Bro'Dee Walker)

The Book of Blue Lantern
(Bro'Dee Walker)

C3G DC WAVE 22
COSMIC FORCES

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...roDee_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the DC 75th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #040 / Saint Walker.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the 75th Anniversary: War of the Light Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #004 / Saint Walker.

Character Bio - Chosen by Ganthet and Sayd, two of the great Guardians of the Universe, Bro'Dee Walker became the first Blue Lantern. As the leader of the Blue Lanterns, he embodies the blue side of the emotional spectrum, representing hope. He has fought alongside many other Lanterns in the fight against the dark colors of the spectrum.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Blue Lantern, Blue Lantern has these Blue Lantern Synergies.
  • Blue Lantern's blue Battery Markers boost his Attack and Range while within 4 spaces of a friendly Green Lantern, due to his Blue Power Battery special power.
  • As a figure with Battery Markers, Blue Lantern has these Battery Marker Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Scapemage February 12th, 2013 10:00 PM

Re: The Book of Blue Lantern (Bro'Dee Walker) - Design Phase

NAME = BLUE LANTERN
SECRET IDENTITY = BRO'DEE WALKER

SPECIES = ASTONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SAINT
PERSONALITY = HOPEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 3
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 280

BLUE POWER BATTERY 4
Start the game with 4 blue Battery Markers on this card. Add 1 to this Blue Lantern's Move and Defense numbers for each blue Battery Marker on this card. If one or more Green Lantern figures are within 4 spaces of this Blue Lantern, you may also add the same number to this Blue Lantern's Range and Attack numbers.

BLUE LIGHT OF HOPE
After moving and before attacking, you may remove one blue Battery Marker from this card to remove up to 1 Wound Marker from the Army Cards of this Blue Lantern and of all figures adjacent to this Blue Lantern.

INSTILL HOPE
Before a friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of this Blue Lantern attacks, you may remove one blue Battery Marker from this card. If you do, the attacking figure adds 1 to its Attack number for each figure it is engaged with until you reveal an Order Marker.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

quozl February 12th, 2013 10:27 PM

Interesting. Why don't the blue battery markers add to Move?

SirGalahad February 12th, 2013 11:08 PM

Because a battery-less Walker with Move of 1 is pretty useless? :reapershrug:

Make sure to add the word "number" after the stats that are getting added to.

quozl February 12th, 2013 11:38 PM

I was thinking a Move of 4 :)

johnny139 February 12th, 2013 11:39 PM

I'd kind of prefer to give him a static Attack, which pairs nicely with the Red Lanterns and makes sense for the Blue Lanterns (I think, I sort of picture them more as "react" than "act" if you get my meaning).

Are you sure his species is right?

Scapemage February 13th, 2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1763016)
Interesting. Why don't the blue battery markers add to Move?

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1763050)
I was thinking a Move of 4 :smile:

He still would be able to move the same distance without his charged battery to my knowledge. Giving him a move of 4 would mean that his move wouldn't be double-boosted with a Green Lantern around. There's no need to break the consistency within the power and complicate the wording.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1763037)
Make sure to add the word "number" after the stats that are getting added to.

Will do after the breathing period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1763051)
I'd kind of prefer to give him a static Attack, which pairs nicely with the Red Lanterns and makes sense for the Blue Lanterns (I think, I sort of picture them more as "react" than "act" if you get my meaning).

Are you sure his species is right?

Although the attack value makes sense, the same contradiction exists that the Blue Lantern is multitudes weaker without a Green Lantern around, and this definitely would affect his attack power.

The species was input by Bats, so I cannot vouch for its accuracy.

IAmBatman February 13th, 2013 11:54 AM

If anybody has better intell on his species, let us know! :-) It's what I was able to find.

You know I like it, Scapey!

Another reason, for quozl, that having his Move variable would be less than ideal is that it could get mechanically confusing when he has the Move boost from the GL adjacency and when he doesn't. The other stats won't have the same problem, because he won't be moving his position when he uses them.

A3n February 13th, 2013 04:56 PM

I actually haven't read any of the other coloured lanterns, so I was surprised that he gets the boost from the green lanterns when in the cartoon it is him (& hope) that boosts the greens.

I don't know if I would ever bother drafting him except in a GL army. As is, he definitely will fall short of 340 points without them. I would say without them he would be closer to 240 points, which seems like a bit of a low place for him. :shrug: The only thing that might keep his points up is Blue Light of Hope power but once he uses that he is weakened.

The design definitely pigeon holes him as a GL support figure. Are we fine with that for a figure? I'm not sure if I am.

quozl February 13th, 2013 05:11 PM

From http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Power_Ring

Quote:

Hope is the most powerful emotion in the emotional spectrum, but it cannot reach it's full potential without willpower to enact it. In order for the blue power ring to function, it needs the aura of green willpower, supplied by a Green Lantern Ring to be in proximity to it; otherwise, the ring will only allow limited flight, limited energy projection and constructs, and protection from the vacuum of space.
I would like to see some changes though. I think Blue Light of Hope should be incorporated into Blue Power Shield and I think Instill Hope is too weak to give up a battery marker for. I'd like to see something like this:

You may choose a friendly figure within 6 clear sight spaces of this Blue Lantern. Remove one blue battery marker to replace a battery marker on the chosen figure's card. Each figure can be chosen for Instill Hope only once per game.

Hahma February 13th, 2013 09:26 PM

Interesting for sure Scapey. I only barely know a couple of the Green Lanterns, so I trust others on the theme of powers here.

Hahma February 13th, 2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1763562)
You may choose a friendly figure within 6 clear sight spaces of this Blue Lantern. Remove one blue battery marker to replace a battery marker on the chosen figure's card. Each figure can be chosen for Instill Hope only once per game.

So what would be the benefit of replacing a green battery marker with a blue battery marker?