Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Online Heroscape Games and Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   OHS 36 - Heat & Insanity - CONGRATS MTL1998! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57199)

Dysole May 10th, 2020 04:36 PM

Grumble

I fixed that like five times. Stupid Google. It's 575.

~Dysole, working on it

Sheep May 13th, 2020 07:10 PM

Re: OHS 36 - Heat & Insanity - Signups until 5/17

If I choose to sit one Rat, are the Rats placed in 4's until the last squad, or can I place 3 Rats as a full card placement whenever?

superfrog May 13th, 2020 08:25 PM

I believe you could place 3 Rats. That would automatically drop the 4th Rat.

Muskie May 13th, 2020 08:59 PM

working on armies!

lefton4ya May 14th, 2020 11:45 AM

I'm In.

My goal is 400+ point of each army to come from this list of <5 figures from Cleon's VC Unit Tier List, Guardians of the Galaxy or worse on Orc's Power Rankings, or <B- on dok's C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

In Heat & Insanity, the last shall become first:
Quote:

Jotun, Shurrak, Drow Chainfighter, Runa the Kyrie Warrior, Shades of Bleakewoode, Templar Cavalry, The Einar Imperium, Empress Kiova, Evar Scarcarver, Grok Riders, Obsidian Guards, Shaolin Monks, Master Win Chiu Woo

brak88 May 14th, 2020 12:34 PM

I was considering picking lesser ratted armies as well, though more in the B area lol. So much randomness in placing and your opponents armies to consider lol

OEAO May 14th, 2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefton4ya (Post 2382931)
I'm In.

My goal is 400+ point of each army to come from this list of <5 figures from Cleon's VC Unit Tier List, Guardians of the Galaxy or worse on Orc's Power Rankings, or <B- on dok's C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

In Heat & Insanity, the last shall become first:
Quote:

Jotun, Shurrak, Drow Chainfighter, Runa the Kyrie Warrior, Shades of Bleakewoode, Templar Cavalry, The Einar Imperium, Empress Kiova, Evar Scarcarver, Grok Riders, Obsidian Guards, Shaolin Monks, Master Win Chiu Woo

Lol, I forgot that I never got around to changing it back...

Dysole May 14th, 2020 03:11 PM

Bring The Heat

It's fun to do that. I have brought from that list Shurrak, chain fighter, Runa, Templar, and Obsidians to a tournament. (That I can remember; some of these tournaments were better suited for their abilities)

~Dysole, whose filler is good in the armies she submitted but everything else is around B range. There's a lot of wacky interactions in play with what she has but of course y'all should expect that from me by now

dok May 15th, 2020 12:58 PM

Chainfighters have been made significantly better by the addition of Crypt Guardians, and the Monks are better thanks to the new monk heroes. I played Shurrak the last time we ran a similar format and he did really well in my Ornak/Utgar Hero/Deathreaver army. Jotun is much better with Dreadgul bonding, obviously. Shades are not terrible in the Insanity format - you are likely to get more soul devour opportunities than usual. Obsidians aren't so bad when all the Heat of Battle maps have lava. Evar Scarcarver isn't great but he's not that bad.

That leaves Runa, Templar Cav, TEI/Kiova, and Groks as the legitimately terrible units on the list there.

Muskie May 16th, 2020 03:21 PM

Signed up!!! However, I did not follow taking the bad armies you guys are talking about. This will almost make me even with you!!

Muskie May 17th, 2020 11:44 AM

Just to clarify. a roll decides who chooses armies first. The other person automatically gets to choose who places first. It is then decided (based on who places second), who has initiative for round one. It is not based on who loses the roll off for choosing army first. Not challenging it, just making sure I understand. First round initiative is based solely on the decision about who places an army first?

Dysole May 17th, 2020 11:47 AM

You Got It

That is correct.

~Dysole, whose armies might be more initiative dependent than most