Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Insanity That Is Called Heroscape (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=13855)

SunTzuNhu November 7th, 2007 10:26 PM

The Insanity That Is Called Heroscape

I came upon this website purely by happenstance. I can't remember what I was searching for or if it was fate that led me here. Either way, I stumbled upon this forum and started browsing. I was immediately fascinated by the game, which seemed to combine all of the best features of tabletop gaming. I had seen games like HeroClix and WarHammer before, but was never interested enough to play them. But when I came across Heroscape and learned that the game can be played with just one master set, I was hooked.

The next day my wife flew out of town for a week-long conference. Later that day I decided I was going to buy a master set to keep myself occupied while my wife was away. On October 23 I purchased my first Heroscape set, Rise of the Valkyrie, took it home and taught myself how to play. Although I didn't have anyone to help me learn the game, I was immediately addicted to the game mechanics. After that first night, I have acted in complete irrational behavior and began purchasing expansion sets without having yet played an actual game with an opponent. Over a two week time span I have purchased 1 master set and 34 expansion sets.

So, I commend all of you Heroscapers who have contributed to this forum. If not for all of the many comments, advice, photos, and debates that I read on that first night, I would never have become hopelessly addicted to a game that I have yet to actually play. To this, I call it the insanity that is Heroscape. I, myself, do not have enough experience to contribute yet to this forum, but I continue to lurk and learn. Mayhap the day will come when I will eventually have something of value to contribute, but until then, Salut, Cheers, and Best Wishes!

Mooseman November 7th, 2007 10:29 PM

:shock: That's more than I own and I've been playing since 2004. Welcome to the addiction :D

tyguy94920 November 7th, 2007 10:32 PM

How in the world did you buy 34 expansions in a two week period?

Taelord November 7th, 2007 10:38 PM

He's hooked. He found everything he needed.

LongHeroscaper November 7th, 2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyguy94920
How in the world did you buy 34 expansions in a two week period?

Multiple common packs from multiple places, let alone online sellers. But importantly, he has MONEY!!!
In any case, SunTzuNhu, welcome to the addiction! :)

Mooseman November 7th, 2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
he has MONEY!!!

34x12+40= $448 /2= $224 per week

You may end up having more stuff than Dr.weirdscaper, SunTzuNhu

Taeblewalker November 7th, 2007 10:48 PM

You will be given a cell for meditation and handed your robes. Come this way, Brother Sun.

tyguy94920 November 7th, 2007 10:56 PM

Mooseman, your sig is one of the funniest I have ever read, that is all.

Mooseman November 7th, 2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyguy94920
Mooseman, your sig is one of the funniest I have ever read, that is all.

Thank you :D

Sherman Davies November 7th, 2007 11:20 PM

Welcome to the addiction, SunTzuNhu! I hope you find someone to play with - try checking the "Meet Other 'Scapers" section of this site. It's worked for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taelord
He's hooked. He found everything he needed.

So true. I've only been playing since June and I've managed to buy up enough to have one of every unique I want and doubles of all my common squads. Online sales + this site = awesome.

Hex_Enduction_Hour November 7th, 2007 11:21 PM

Gabba gabba we accept you! One of us! One of us!

Welcome, SunTzuNhu.
Make sure to hook up with a regularly gaming HS group.
The game is just too amazing and should be enjoyed as much and often as you can get in the time.

Welcome again.

NecroBlade November 7th, 2007 11:39 PM

Welcome! :excited: