Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Radioactive Man (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=46160)

SirGalahad October 14th, 2012 09:00 PM

The Book of Radioactive Man

The Book of Radioactive Man

C3G MARVEL WAVE 17
ANTAGONISTS ASSEMBLE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #061-063 / Radioactive Man.
Its model number and name are #209 / Dr. Chen Lu.

Character Bio - Chen Lu began exposing himself to ever-increasing doses of radiation in what ended up being a Chinese government-sponsored, but futile attempt to defeat Thor. Eventually growing tired of being the bad guy, he joined the New Thunderbolts and later the People's Defense Force.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Criminal

SirGalahad October 14th, 2012 09:02 PM

Re: Radioactive Man - Design Phase

NAME = RADIOACTIVE MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = CHEN LU

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = REPENTANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 160

RADIATION BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
All figures without the Environmental Suit special power within 3 clear sight spaces are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If a figure receives one or more wounds from this special attack, roll an unblockable attack die against the defending figure. This special attack can only be used once per round.

CONTROLLED EMISSIONS 13
If Radioactive Man ends his turn adjacent to no friendly figures, you may roll the 20-sided die for each figure without the Environmental Suit special power engaged with Radioactive Man, one at a time. If you roll 13 or higher, the figure receives one wound.

SUPER STRENGTH

IAmBatman October 14th, 2012 09:43 PM

Looks cool! Gotta watch out for those controlled emissions. :-P

Hahma October 14th, 2012 11:33 PM

Looks cool 8)

johnny139 October 14th, 2012 11:38 PM

If I were to raise a concern, it's that there's no real reason to ever use his normal attack - but I suppose if you got height + some other boost it would come into play. Otherwise he looks solid.

IAmBatman October 15th, 2012 12:53 AM

Well I see him getting drafted with the Masters of Evil versus the Avengers a lot, so that'd be the other boost. :-)

Spidey'tilIDie October 15th, 2012 08:31 PM

Shouldn't his Radiation Blast be an Area of Effect attack?

SirGalahad October 15th, 2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1695869)
Shouldn't his Radiation Blast be an Area of Effect attack?

I suppose it could be like dropping a nuke. Something like this?

Attack 5 + Special. Range Special.
All figures without the Environmental Suit special power within 3 clear sight spaces are affected by this special attack. For each affected figure, count the minimum number of spaces between Radioactive Man and the defending figure. Roll 1 fewer attack die for each space counted. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. This special attack can only be used once per round.

IAmBatman October 15th, 2012 10:46 PM

I like it, but I'm a bit confused. Are you rolling once for each figure (in which case that's a ton of subtraction, really weakening the power) or are you rolling each attack separately?

SirGalahad October 21st, 2012 01:06 PM

It's a single blast, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to roll each attack separately.

Taking out the subtraction part of it, it would be more in line with other bomb-type powers.

6 attack dice for Smilex Bomb
7 attack dice for Supernova

Range Special. Attack 5.
All figures without the Environmental Suit special power within 3 clear sight spaces are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. This special attack can only be used once per round.

IAmBatman October 21st, 2012 01:12 PM

I wonder if, to make it feel more like radiation, if we couldn't add in something extra like where if you take one or more wounds from the attack, you take one additional wound?

SirGalahad October 21st, 2012 08:54 PM

My very first stab at this guy had Radiation Markers that the Hero had to roll a d20 to shrug off or take a wound.