Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Public Design Workshop (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33035)

Lord Pyre April 12th, 2012 05:03 PM

Re: Public Design Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1591910)
Good idea! I'd modify it a little:

VITRULMITE ENDURANCE
At the start of each round, if there is are 4 or more wounds on this card, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card. When defending against a normal attack from a figure who is not a Vitrulmite, if at least one shield is rolled, the most wounds Invincible can take from this attack is one.

I like it. He's definitely hard to kill yet because of one-shield defense, but he fights even harder when he's about to go down. Some pretty cool theme there. We might finally have a winner!

quozl April 12th, 2012 05:37 PM

Hellboy

RIGHT HAND OF DOOM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 6

What should it do?

Lord Pyre April 12th, 2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1591958)
Hellboy

Range 1. Attack 6

What should it do?

Open up the gates of hades, inviting doom to all.

Spidey'tilIDie April 12th, 2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

VITRULMITE ENDURANCE
At the start of each round, if there is are 4 or more wounds on this card, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card. When defending against a normal attack from a figure who is not a Vitrulmite, if at least one shield is rolled, the most wounds Invincible can take from this attack is one.

Good idea, bad spelling! Its VILTRUMITE ENDURANCE.

TrollBrute April 12th, 2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Hellboy

Range 1. Attack 6

What should it do?

The player who controls Hellboy must shout BOOM! when using this special attack.

Also, the latest suggestion for 'Vince's healing sounds good to me. It'll keep the healing down and seems to be a good compromise.

Hellfire April 12th, 2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Hellboy

Range 1. Attack 6

What should it do?

I know knockback is an optional rule but what if HB's Right Hand of Doom had a built in knockback function. Maybe, something along the lines of . . . "Move the targeted figure back one space for each skull rolled during HB's RHoDSA."

Terribly worded, I know, I'm just trying to throw out a conceptual idea.

Hellfire April 12th, 2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1591856)
Here's an idea, keeping the healing factor but keeping the "continue fighting without insides" theme. I really liked Hellfire's phrasing of it:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellfire (Post 1590926)
There is a endurance factor to Invincible's healing . . . He can take a beating. The way I see it, he doesn't heal so that he can endure but he endures so that he can heal.

LAST-DITCH DEDICATION
If Invincible would be destroyed, do not remove him from the battlefield. After rolling for initiative, if there at least 6 Wound Markers on this card, remove Invincible from the battlefield.

So, if he's destroyed, he can keep on fighting and has a CHANCE at surviving until the next round. He stuffs his guts back in and, if no one else wounds him, he can heal up and keep going. It makes him an A1 target but still.

I like it. But if REJ is looking for something else I think there are still ways to maintain this theme in other ways. The latest idea for Margloth seems to do a pretty nice job of keeping w/ the endure to heal theme.

MegaSilver April 12th, 2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Hellboy

Range 1. Attack 6

What should it do?

You can reroll all dice that do not show skulls once?

Flame Gryphon April 12th, 2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Hellboy

Range 1. Attack 6

What should it do?

Maybe

Range 1. Attack 6.
If Hellboy inflicts one or more wounds on a small or medium figure with this special attack, you may choose up to 3 empty spaces in a straight line from the defending figure and place that figure on any of the chosen spaces. A figure moved by this special attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A figure moved by this special attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.

TrollBrute April 13th, 2012 01:16 AM

I'd rather see it work better against big targets. Maybe add to his attack or subtract from their defense when attacking Event Heroes or Large/Huge figures.

Tornado April 13th, 2012 12:05 PM

http://celluloidpopculturejunkie.fil...21-6-10-kc.jpg

CONAN

Human
Unique Hero
Barbarian
Driven(?), (Melancholy & Mirth)?

Size: Medium 5

Life: 6

Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

BY THIS AXE, I RULE...

When attacking with Conan all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. When defending with Conan against an adjacent figure, each shield rolled counts for one additional block.

KNOW THIS O' PRINCE
At the end of each round you may reveal an X Order Marker on this card and take an immediate turn with Conan. After taking a turn using Know this O' Prince, place a Wound Marker on this card.

CIMMERIAN CLIMBING
When counting spaces for Conan's movement, count elevation changes of up to 2 levels as one space. You may ignore Conan's height when moving up levels of terrain.

Red Eyed Jedi April 13th, 2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth (Post 1591905)
VITRULMITE ENDURANCE
At the start of each round, if there is at least 1 Order Marker and 4 wounds on this card, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card. When defending against a normal attack from a figure who is not Vitrulmite, the most wounds Invincible can take is one.

Quote:

VITRULMITE ENDURANCE

I think it fits him thematically, and is a fresh new ability, which is also nice. I think we have a winner. Great job! :thumbsup:

What's the ettique for updating a design, once it has been voted in to the public design phase? I know once the "Book" begins you wait 24 hours before making any changes. The changes I'd like to make are: drop Lava Resisit, add the line about Viltrumite's, change the heal mechanic to the one above on his Endurance Ability. Add straight line condition to his Super Punch. Seem's to be the direction we should begin with. Quozl said earlier it would be OK but that was before more changs was made.

T-spinny that is a great re-design on Conan. I think it is much better than the previous one. You can continue to count on my vote next round.