Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis June 26th, 2012 06:32 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

New draft

Inspiring Roar
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, but before taking a turn with Aslan, you may move up to 3 friendly figures, 3 spaces each. Figures that are engaged cannot be moved with Inspiring Roar. All freiendly figures within 3 spaces of Aslan roll 1 additional defense die.

SirGalahad June 26th, 2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1633018)
New draft

Inspiring Roar
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, but before taking a turn with Aslan, you may move up to 3 friendly unengaged figures up to 3 spaces each. Figures that are engaged cannot be moved with Inspiring Roar. All freiendly figures within 3 spaces of Aslan roll 1 additional defense die.

No distance restriction on how far away they can be from Aslan, or does his roar cover the entire battlefield?

JC McMinis June 26th, 2012 11:00 PM

I got to thinking that the roar would affect the whole battle field as a lions roar can be heard for miles.

SirGalahad June 27th, 2012 12:02 AM

Works for me.

Confred June 27th, 2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad
INSPIRING ROAR
After revealing an order marker on Aslan's Army Card, before taking Aslan's turn, you may move up to 3 friendly unengaged figures up to 3 spaces each. All friendly figures within 3 spaces of Aslan roll 1 additional defense die until your next turn.

Contention: A duration needs to be set. If not the underlined language then something else. As is, the defense bonuses will clear at the end of the turn because they are a triggered effect. If it was constant, like an aura, it needs to be in the first line. It shouldn't be constant because the defense boost is due to the emboldening effects of his roar. In my previous version, I also had the verbiage: "If Aslan uses his Inspiring Roar, ..." to clarify that the boost is indeed a triggered effect.
Note: Since we are removing the range limit in choosing figures to move, because everybody on the battlefield can hear a lion's roar, perhaps we should remove the range limit for the defense bonus, because everybody on the battlefield can hear the lion's roar.

INSPIRING ROAR
After revealing an order marker on Aslan's Army Card, before taking Aslan's turn, you may move up to 3 unengaged figures you control up to 3 spaces each. Until you reveal another order marker, all friendly figures in clear sight of Aslan roll an additional defense die against normal attacks.

Note 1: "you control" - I'm not sure there is precedent of moving another player's figure. I can see hurt feelings and unintentional disruption of other player's strategies for the worse.
Note 2: "Until you reveal another order marker" - I think some stipulation is needed here. I am testing this language, variant to it is welcomed.
Note 3: "in clear sight" - Perhaps there should be some range limit.
Note 4: "against normal attacks" - courage doesn't protect you from rockets. This addition makes the ability more complex, but perhaps it is needed.

Evar Scarcarver inspired wording:
INSPIRING ROAR
After revealing an order marker on Aslan's Army Card, before taking Aslan's turn, you may move up to 3 unengaged figures you control up to 3 spaces each. Inspiring Roar remains active until you reveal another order marker. While Inspiring Roar is active, all friendly figures in clear sight of Aslan roll an additional defense die against normal attacks.

Spoiler Alert!

McHotcakes June 27th, 2012 02:34 PM

How About

INSPIRING ROAR
After revealing an order marker on Aslan's Army Card, before taking Aslan's turn, you may move up to 3 unengaged figures you control up to 3 spaces each. Until your next turn all friendly figures in clear sight of Aslan may roll 1 additional defense die when attacked with a normal attack. Inspiring Roar does not effect Aslan.

I figured that Aslan wouldn't be able to inspire himself with his own roar.

JC McMinis June 27th, 2012 11:48 PM

I like it. I think we have a winner in Mrhotcakes version...what does everyone else think.

tcglkn June 27th, 2012 11:57 PM

Well Aslan cannot be in clear sight of himself so that last sentence isn't needed at all. Otherwise it's a great power. :up:

machinekng June 28th, 2012 12:51 PM

I like McHotcakes' version.

And I'm sorry I haven't been able to contribute more. I'm not too far away from the big fire, so I've had to spend sometime making preparations if we get evacuated.

JC McMinis June 28th, 2012 03:50 PM

Its ok MK we will finish Aslan up....you just be safe. Ok we use MrHotcakes version. Now other than points I think he is ready. I originally suggested 175-200 point range.

McHotcakes June 30th, 2012 07:26 PM

I just played a couple of games with Aslan and I'd place him around 190 points. Of course I never got the opportunity to bring Aslan back from the dead, but his Inspiring Roar was very effective at getting some of my best units into position.

JC McMinis June 30th, 2012 11:06 PM

Im good with 190.