Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Arch-vile August 8th, 2019 06:46 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles - Public Playtesting

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Drafting Vehicles / Sports Car

Sports Car at 3 life, 4 defense, 100 points.

Army Test
Map: Country Road
Units: Bane, Deadshot, Catman, Sports Car x1 (610) VS Luke Cage, Daredevil II, Jessica Jones (610)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Fantastic 4, Sports Car x1 (1100) VS Yellow Lanterns: Arkillo, Sinestro, Sinestro Corps Soldier x3, Manhunter x1 (1110)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Fantastic 4, Sports Car x1 (1100) VS Captain America C3G, Iron Man Avengers, Black Widow, Thor (1110)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Sports Cars are fragile but offer a useful mobility option for figures, which especially helps figures like Invisible Woman. Free movement for supporting figures is very powerful and it showed here. The car also provides protection from melee attacks for its occupants. However, you pay for it and it requires some turn investment early on to get people in the car.

I think the car is fine at 100 points overall. It’s strong with cheerleader units but not unbeatable as my tests showed. In fact, the car usually falls quickly.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Lots of fun. Looking forward to drafting more vehicles.

IAmBatman August 8th, 2019 06:52 PM

Sweet. I will hold for comments here, particularly from @Tornado and @Ronin since we are kind of sharing this LD but I feel good moving to Final Editing as is.

Tornado August 8th, 2019 07:23 PM

Thanks Arch!
Sounds good, glad we lowered durability and it does not feel as tanky.
Would not mind hearing from Soundwarp here.

quozl August 8th, 2019 10:34 PM

Pre-Yea

Soundwarp SG-1 August 9th, 2019 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2303258)
Thanks Arch!
Sounds good, glad we lowered durability and it does not feel as tanky.
Would not mind hearing from Soundwarp here.

I'll look it over tomorrow. Sorry, haven't really been paying attention to this, not something I care about at all personally.

IAmBatman August 9th, 2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2303301)
Pre-Yea

Thanks. I'm banking that one. :-D

Tornado August 9th, 2019 08:44 AM

Cool, thanks SW. I just want to make sure we are not missing something here.

IAmBatman August 10th, 2019 04:41 PM

Moved this to design threads where it really belongs after all.

I'd love to hear from Soundwarp still if he's up for it, but I'm confident that this version at least with this VDO (draftable Sports Car) isn't breaking anything or causing competitive concerns. With quozl's confidence and pre-yea, I'm proposing we move this to Final Editing.

Soundwarp SG-1 August 10th, 2019 07:32 PM

Re: The Book of Draftable Vehicle Rules - VOTE for Final Edi

Sorry, there is a lot of stuff in here. Some random thoughts:

So the rules for Huge Vehicles haven’t been written yet correct?

I think it could be more clear if Vehicles can engage figures/ make leaving engagement attacks. The wording seems to imply that they can given it talks about how they won’t take leaving engagement attacks and can’t make leaving engagement attacks ‘while moving’ which seems to indicate they can do so otherwise.

What happens if you give a Vehicle Ghost/Phantom Walk? Would all the figures inside also move through someone for the purposes of Archangel type powers? How would moving a partial cover Vehicle into range of Warmachine work? I think the ‘everybody is moving at once’ part feels like the area with the most potential hiccups.

Anyway, I can’t think of anything especially broken you can do here. Will definitely be something that future designs will have to check themselves against though.

I can’t speak to fun gameplay etc., but I the rules seem fine if they’re doing what y’all want them to do.

IAmBatman August 10th, 2019 07:43 PM

Vehicles are never engaged. I’ll endeavor to clarify that.

In the ghost walk scenario all passengers would pass through, yeah. Not a power I’m eager to hand out to VDOs.

The everybody moving at once is just like group teleportation powers that place. War-Machine could target them all, in his chosen order.

Tornado August 10th, 2019 10:57 PM

Yea

Yodaking August 10th, 2019 11:26 PM

yea