Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   National Heroscape Day (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Hexes in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth NHSD 2017 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54318)

R˙chean September 18th, 2017 12:56 PM

Hexes in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth NHSD 2017

12th Annual Hexes In Texas
National Heroscape Day and Tournament

Details
When: Saturday, October 21st, 2017
1:00pm to 5ish pm; we will play at least 3 rounds or up to 5 depending on how many players we get.
Where:
Plaid Hat Games
15928 Midway Rd.
Addison, TX 75001
truth has so graciously agreed to let us have the event at Plaid Hat Games in Addison again this year. You will need to bring your own refreshments. There will be a pizza order placed as we kick things off. If you want to join in the pizza, bring some cash. There is very little within walking distance. This is right outside Addison airport at Keller Springs and Midway.
Entry Fee: None

Prizes: Bring an item for the prize table if you like, not required.
It can be anything you think the group might like. Most people will be bringing stuff in the range of $10-$20. This can include games, comics, books, DVDs, etc.....even pineapples. Used items are certainly acceptable, but please not used pineapples.
Tournament Format:
Double Blind - Kill 'em all!!
Army Construction:
  • Point limit: 550
  • Starting spaces: 24 hexes
  • No marvel allowed
Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs

Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
  1. R˙chean
  2. Dignan
  3. rym
  4. Nightwing
  5. truth
  6. hextr1p
  7. Callin (plaidhat)
  8. Astroking
  9. Astroking_2
  10. Astroking_3
  11. AnubianWolf88
  12. DestinyHunter
  13. MustangGrrl

Maybe
  1. Tmac
  2. Rexmax2

Astroking112 September 18th, 2017 04:19 PM

Re: Hexes in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth NHSD 2017

I have a few questions for clarification:
  1. Are C3V/SoV units allowed?
  2. Are CUC edits, such as the update to Hatamoto Taro's ability (or even the prototype card that was circling his book thread), allowed?
Since HeroScape's cancellation, my group has been following some CUC revisions (we also changed Kato Katsuro to be able to take a turn with both a Samurai hero and a squad so that he would see some use, since we don't have any Ashigaru, but I'm doubtful that would be permitted).

It's no big deal if the tournament is going to stick to classic HeroScape only; it'll just change my army-building process.

R˙chean September 18th, 2017 06:54 PM

yeah its classic Herosccape

rym September 19th, 2017 12:08 AM

Add rym and Nightwing to the list.

Baring some really bad luck and unforeseen circumstances, we're in.

Dignan September 21st, 2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2162474)
I have a few questions for clarification:
  1. Are C3V/SoV units allowed?
  2. Are CUC edits, such as the update to Hatamoto Taro's ability (or even the prototype card that was circling his book thread), allowed?
Since HeroScape's cancellation, my group has been following some CUC revisions (we also changed Kato Katsuro to be able to take a turn with both a Samurai hero and a squad so that he would see some use, since we don't have any Ashigaru, but I'm doubtful that would be permitted).

It's no big deal if the tournament is going to stick to classic HeroScape only; it'll just change my army-building process.

We've done some events in the past where CUC and C3V/SoV have been allowed. For NHSD, we typically keep it vanilla . We'll hopefully have another event where we trick things up a bit more.

Astroking112 September 21st, 2017 03:00 PM

Thanks for the clarification, R˙chean and Dignan. I'll tell anyone else I know that might interested in coming and see how many more people I can scrounge up. As it stands, I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to go and bring at least one other person with me.

I'd also be interested in more events mixing things up more, even if I don't actually own any C3V/SoV units yet.

Tmac2200 September 24th, 2017 03:26 AM

I can't guarantee so put me down as a maybe. I don't have anything on that day right now but PTK is always planning events, and adding meetings.

Rexmax2 September 24th, 2017 10:22 PM

Put me down as a maybe for going and a definite for that used pineapple

Astroking112 September 25th, 2017 12:18 PM

It's looking like I'll be able to come and bring two other people with me (they don't have accounts here).

R˙chean October 1st, 2017 01:40 PM

Cool, cool.

I will get everything updated and add the maps later today.

Looking forward to it!

rym October 1st, 2017 04:54 PM

Let me know if you need help with anything. Maps, etc.

AnubianWolf88 October 4th, 2017 02:02 PM

I'm in, +2. DestinyHunter and MustangGrrl. I'm also in on pizza.
  1. R˙chean
  2. Dignan
  3. rym
  4. Nightwing
  5. Astroking
  6. Astroking_2
  7. Astroking_3
  8. AnubianWolf88
  9. DestinyHunter
  10. MustangGrrl
Maybe:
  1. Tmac
  2. Rexmax2
I've still got your two Hatamoto dice, Rexmax!

AW88